Kinjiru

Sep 30, 2018
English is my second language, and most of the time i'm just fast writing, so expect lots of typos. If you or anyone else find more (and you will), be sure let me know. Thank you.
I kind of figured that it might be, but because virtually all of the spelling and grammar were correct, I wasn't sure. If you didn't have anyone to proof this, your English is quite good despite not being your first language.

Reactions: Legionary JR-586

Legionary JR-586

Legionary of a lost legion.
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
I kind of figured that it might be, but because virtually all of the spelling and grammar were correct, I wasn't sure. If you didn't have anyone to proof this, your English is quite good despite not being your first language.
Why thank you!
These guys taught me... ( )
Action_hero_montage.png
(Yes, even Jackie Chan!)

Last edited:

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
Feels a bit like it's still at 30% of a alpha, but maybe i'm confusing Alpha and Beta.

Mostly it's the body editor up as far as I can tell. You can tell the character creater is growing in complexity between Your avatar and your slave generator.

It's a lot of leg work getting that functional, and will provide the background for the whole game.

Solid leg work on the slave generator. lack of hair options ect should come with time. Having the 3d models could be amazing or bad depending on how it's used, Kinda reminds me of Lab Rats 2's approach, and this kind of procedural meets 3d modeler is something I really like to see take root.

Definantly needs more camera angles, You can't tell a normal dick is 3-4 inches, a big dick is closer to a foot, and huge dick is closer to 2 feet when it's pointed directly at the camera on character creation.

Need some up/down leveling maybe even the option to zoom out and spin around a fixed point with the mouse, but atleast tilt the camera about 20 degrees up or down in addition to 360 degree spin.

Right Track, but a lot of ground work to go. Maybe take a page out of Fort of Chains and try to crowdsource some of the raw content conversion while you focus on the game and engine?

Reactions: Rafaelhiv

Legionary JR-586

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Feels a bit like it's still at 30% of a alpha, but maybe i'm confusing Alpha and Beta.
That's a common misconception about version numbering. First and foremost those numbers help the developer to keep track of their versions. Not as an indicator of how close is something to a complete release. Many people think version 0.9 means that a programme is almost ready for a full release. Although after that can come version 0.10.
But if it helps, see it as the FIRST version of the NFC alpha.
Mostly it's the body editor up as far as I can tell. You can tell the character creater is growing in complexity between Your avatar and your slave generator.

It's a lot of leg work getting that functional, and will provide the background for the whole game.

Solid leg work on the slave generator. lack of hair options ect should come with time. Having the 3d models could be amazing or bad depending on how it's used, Kinda reminds me of Lab Rats 2's approach, and this kind of procedural meets 3d modeler is something I really like to see take root.
The 3d models will have constraints, there is only so much one can do, even with and especially with the animations, before it turns to shit show. I intend to keep things on a basic level in regards to 3d models.

Definantly needs more camera angles, You can't tell a normal dick is 3-4 inches, a big dick is closer to a foot, and huge dick is closer to 2 feet when it's pointed directly at the camera on character creation.

Need some up/down leveling maybe even the option to zoom out and spin around a fixed point with the mouse, but atleast tilt the camera about 20 degrees up or down in addition to 360 degree spin.
I wanted do keep the camera simple in viewing the models.
Will take this in to consideration. I don't plan to touch the camera again in the near future, but i'll see what i can do. Thank you for this.

Right Track, but a lot of ground work to go. Maybe take a page out of Fort of Chains and try to crowdsource some of the raw content conversion while you focus on the game and engine?
In this current iteration of the game, i am doing things mostly for myself, since i need to know certain things and test certain things, before i achieve a more "comfortable" state were i know exactly what i want and what to ask people.

Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated.

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
More specifically at least add turning to avatar creation, even if you don't wish to add any other options. Or start with a offset camera from rough 90 degrees to 15 degrees instead of the 0 position. Was kinda caught off guard by move your mouse to the left/right sides of the screen on Slave generation after failing to be able to interact with the camera during Avatar creation. I feel like the slave generation could be used as the base for the Avatar creation and atleast give the illusion of customization we are going to be allowed to generate a avatar that will never/rarely get used. Could give scripter/writers something to latch into later if they want.

7 body weights by 7 mucle types = 49 combinations. Height can be done by scale. Little details can be added by moders like creating animal ear, or skin type mods probably, with those assets being relatively easy to place.

It goes really understated how much the background, and the potential for the physical layout of the settlement goes. Really takes a divisive step forward out of imagination. It just kinda flows so you don't even consider it. I could see attempts by others to vary it based on the type, location, and even add representations of values and edicts walking and interacting down below. Really play into the Lord of the castle looking out over his peasents.

A lot of potential room for expansion over the original game even this far in, and you have a nice framework set up for the in game home/central screen button layouts. Good readability and access. Some one might even take the time to make weather a bigger deal, with keeping a eye to the sky background and putting up weather shielding when a storm is brewing, or taking it down when it passes for reputation and making it look nice.

Maybe i'm over estimating things, but now that i've slept on it, I really do agree. You got something your working on and you know what you want to go, if not where you want to go with it.

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
More specifically atleast add turning to avatar creation, even if you don't wish to add any other options. Or start with a offset camera from rough 90 degrees to 15 degrees instead of the 0 position. Was kinda caught off guard by move your mouse to the left/right sides of the screen on Slave generation after failing to be able to interact with the camera during Avatar creation. I feel like the slave generation could be used as the base for the Avatar creation and atleast give the illusion of customization we are going to be allowed to generate a avatar that will never/rarely get used.

I said 30% because it felt like the focus was on layout, buttons, and 3d modeling. I misread the the first alpha text as being Alpha finished.

It's a logical step from 2d shapes colored in, to pregenerated 3d, now to generated in engine 3d. Keeping in line with the original trajectory with a focus on remaining flexible. I see a lot of potential for things like body modifications and furry expansions.

I was just referencing the alpha, and notice the day/night cycle in the character creation.

Legionary JR-586

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Wow! That's a lot to take in. Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated.

add turning to avatar creation,
On the to do list.
Camera turning buttons already implemented on slave creation and slave view. (Bottom of the screen) Will change them for something more explicit in the future.
screenshot02.jpg

Height can be done by scale.
That opens up another can of worms. It will offset all the animations, add even more model clipping and exaggerate the, some of the already, exaggerated features.

Some one might even take the time to make weather a bigger deal, with keeping a eye to the sky background and putting up weather shielding when a storm is brewing, or taking it down when it passes for reputation and making it look nice.
Already tought about the weather, but, there are so many features that are left on the "cutting floor". There's a lot to do before i start adding things like this, and even i don't think i will add this in this game iteration.

I misread the the first alpha text as being Alpha finished.
I guess people are used to the "x.1" labeling.
Just take it as the first alpha release ( v1.0 ).
Next is going to be the second alpha release (v2.0) and so on, and so on...

If i need to fix or add something in mid release THEN it will be, version X.1 or X.2 .. X.9... X.x, as many variants of the current build as necessary.

I see a lot of potential for things like body modifications and furry expansions.
I already look on it. Unity has a tool (in the store), that allows the addition of hair/fur on 3d models. Looks good, i don't know if i am going to add it in this iteration, but i would most definitely like to add this on the next one.

Again, thank you for the massive feedback!

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
A good way to think about it is
Alpha= still working on base mechanics & designs, barely counts as a playable game
while Beta= core concepts & structure of the game is set and everything just needs to be polished/finished
generally.

Of course with indie development like this there's not as much of an "industry standard" since you can call a release whatever you want.

You could consider most releases on this site "beta" simply by the fact that the game's aren't [complete] and in a more professional setting once the development got to the final release, they would go back to the beginning and polish everything one more time, making sure the quality was consistent and that would be the "launch version" that we buy in stores.

• Red Heart

remy1205

Jun 18, 2017
I hope you don't make the game only run on NASA computer. PC parts is expensive nowadays especially GPU. Looking forwards for great development.

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
Not a lot of new stuff, but good refinements to what you had, muscle/fat system is filled out a lot more, less identical settings in what is selectable. Looks closer to 95% done with the selectable options, 60% with the unselectable/disabled combinations. Big step from last time making them look different. Got what appeared to be all the boob settings in, and pregnancy states. Man's gotta have his priorities.

Love the little bus/trams going back and forth. Plant detail is looking dandy. End of turn menus are quick but detailed, look nicely layed out. See as much or as little as you want, see it easily and quickly. Game might end up needing a basic graphics card as it's a bit sluggish on my laptop, not gonna hold that against it, if i wanted basic I can go play the text version(s) of free cities. Not being able to turn the camera in player character creation is still going to bug me. Camera orbits a fixed point, so shouldn't be too hard to have it go up or down on that invisible bubble on slave creation either. Those are polishing things though.

Still like where it's going and don't have any complaints so far. Your still setting yourself up to be ambitious, but your taking a nice steady pace and are motivated so till next time, keep it up.

(P.S. I didn't see what action where available, but I did see slaves swaying( and #'s going p and down between turns. At this rate alpha might only take you till october.)

Found it, didn't save slaves after creating and hit next. so no slaves when i started so no slave menu.

Hotel NTR black mail Sim

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

remy1205

Jun 18, 2017
"You overestimate my power!"
Also, much love for the profile pick!:love:
Thanks, i think i got the picture from 9GAG. I see its fit as a profile pic for such "cultured" website like this :sneaky: Keep up with the good work! :D

I have a question tho, are this game provide cheat mode/start like the "forbidden" Free Cities?

Legionary JR-586

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Thanks, i think i got the picture from 9GAG. I see its fit as a profile pic for such "cultured" website like this :sneaky: Keep up with the good work! :D

I have a question tho, are this game provide cheat mode/start like the "forbidden" Free Cities?
I'm not tinkling about a cheat start, but i'm adding console commands. But we will see...

Reactions: remy1205
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes