Legionary JR-586

Legionary of a lost legion.
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Animations are a lot of work. If you add them, how are you going to deal with customisable slaves of different body types, races etc.?
The models themselves are going to have some limit on body mods, and on what is altered. I'm animating people, not some frankansteinish monster or an alien from outer space. The one of the major problems i know i'm going to have is the big expansion body mod, like huge breasts. Some clipping in early animation are to be expected.

That implies free will.
In Free Cities Pregmod, I always end up marrying my virgin daughter.
Yes it does imply, but i'm going to "handle" it like and end turn event. A "template/type" of person (that you will influence on many aspects) plus cause and effect event. And even these are going to require a lot of work. It's doable but like i said, a lengthy process.

If you don't want it, that's fine, but like I said, it's a huge undertaking
I'm checking it...

stuff that Patreon isn't ok with.
I know, and that's why i'm not going to post more "spicy" stuff about the project there... I'm going to post it here (You people are awsome). And the hassle of "patching" content.... i'm starting to think it's not worth it. But i'll try to get patrons some time of "bonus"/privileges (whatever i can think of), since they support me. And i know that there are some people that don't like patreon so i'm going to try and get alternatives.

Reactions: atur and 215303j

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
If I wasn't already making a game, I've been tempted more than a few times to try and do a Free Cities-type game in a real engine, one that can actually save games or manage a hundred characters without making the game cry.

Aside from the engine stuff though, what I'd really want to do is get in there and dig out some of the misogyny that's baked into the core FC systems. Like, even beyond the obvious 'all the slaves are women' stuff, the original FC Dev once said he'd never put in options for the player to get penetrated or such because he couldn't imagine that happening in anything but a submissive way. Lack of imagination really. :rolleyes: Even in pregmod, while it's possible, it still fucks up your game in major ways unless you build your entire empire around the concept before you even try it.

I don't mind games where you play bad guys, but I'm less thrilled playing games from the minds of 8chan and the likes.

Maddoks

Apr 9, 2020
free cities is one of my favorite hentai games, and i follow the version on the github once per week to see they progress.
i want to play this neo free cities when are ready and will be looking foward to it

Reactions: Legionary JR-586

Datawungui

Aug 18, 2016
I'll be keeping an eye on this. I played the shit out of Free Cities as something of a Chaotic Good master (my favorite way to play, since it's more difficult to be nice), so I can't wait to see how this game will roll out.

Datawungui

Aug 18, 2016
I imagined something of a mix between this:
View attachment 748276
And This:
View attachment 748278

Don't worry. It will get better... it was just a bit "rushed".
Edit: I imagined an isolated rural ( that Free cities has an option [ rural, urban, etc.. ] ). Once the game achieves a more "complete" state, i will add more arcologies.
I picture an arcology more like one of these. Specifically, the pyramid one. Just seems right. 1595908408245.png

• Haha
Reactions: atur and SenPC

215303j

Finally got around to playing it a bit.

Some random thoughts:
- Lingua Franca: the languages listed are not languages but nationalities. E.g. Belgian is not a language, in Belgium they speak Dutch, French or German. In Algeria, the speak Arabic, not Algerian. Etc.

Otherwise there is not that much to see yet. But what is there looks pretty good in my opinion. Definately a huge improvement!

One thing I did always find a bit confusing about Free Cities was the many places you needed to check on to find your girls (penthouse, brothel, club, school etc etc). I see that you have more or less the same structure, maybe you need to find a way to deal with this problem. You could have a look at the relationship system in Crusader Kings. It's a different kind of game but I like how they handle characters and their relationships.

Legionary JR-586

Legionary of a lost legion.
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
I picture an arcology more like one of these.
I played that game way back....
The problem is... I pictured this future hypothetical arcology like a castle. You have a central building that have all the people and their wealth... so you have to protect them. Ence the "extra stuff" ( the walls and such ), and it will all develop from that.

can we get the option to play as a futa?
Yes.

- Lingua Franca: the languages listed are not languages but nationalities. E.g. Belgian is not a language, in Belgium they speak Dutch, French or German. In Algeria, the speak Arabic, not Algerian. Etc.
I know. I for simplicity sake, just repeated the country list. It will be added correctly.

You could have a look at the relationship system in Crusader Kings. It's a different kind of game but I like how they handle characters and their relationships.
I own the games, but haven't got around to play them. Neither the universalis. If i start playing them i'll start with latest "Imperator"..... i'm more of a "Stellaris" guy!

Reactions: czertik and 215303j

PaganWarlord

Jan 5, 2019
While I applaud the attempt at taking Free Cities one step further it will be very hard to get this project running because content is king and there is a limit to what one person can do in his free time.
The most optimal approach would be to lay down the framework of the game with content packs in mind and let the community contribute, kind of like FC-pregmod is developed. The wider scope of content the easier it will be to get the snowball rolling, as long as you mandate that all added content must be optional there is noting to lose here this way.
The problem is laying down the framework though. I will take a while to get things going with minimal baseline content and to plan ahead and implement the system for content packs to integrate with both the game and other content packs and that is not an easy thing to concieve out of thin air and will take many iterations to do right.

That said I wish you luck, so far interface is reasonable, though a bit overpopulated, but I imagine once you get more systems implemented some things will move around to sub-menus, or be hidden when not needed.

EDIT: also on the subject of integrating contributions and other modded content, I would suggest to try and create smallest possible specialized class files and use partial classes so when you decide to modify one thing down the line it won't invalidate any more other modules than it absolutely has to

Last edited:

215303j

I own the games, but haven't got around to play them. Neither the universalis. If i start playing them i'll start with latest "Imperator"..... i'm more of a "Stellaris" guy!
Crusader Kings is in a way more about role playing than about grand strategy.
Hence the focus on relationships. You can have family relations with other characters, but also friendships, love, rivalry etc.
Really well done in my opinion

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
While I applaud the attempt at taking Free Cities one step further it will be very hard to get this project running because content is king and there is a limit to what one person can do in his free time.
The most optimal approach would be to lay down the framework of the game with content packs in mind and let the community contribute, kind of like FC-pregmod is developed. The wider scope of content the easier it will be to get the snowball rolling, as long as you mandate that all added content must be optional there is noting to lose here this way.
The problem is laying down the framework though. I will take a while to get things going with minimal baseline content and to plan ahead and implement the system for content packs to integrate with both the game and other content packs and that is not an easy thing to concieve out of thin air and will take many iterations to do right.

That said I wish you luck, so far interface is reasonable, though a bit overpopulated, but I imagine once you get more systems implemented some things will move around to sub-menus, or be hidden when not needed.

EDIT: also on the subject of integrating contributions and other modded content, I would suggest to try and create smallest possible specialized class files and use partial classes so when you decide to modify one thing down the line it won't invalidate any more other modules than it absolutely has to
Agree here. One of the reasons pregmod is still getting updated is probably due to the community also working on it. I can't think of a single game aiming for this level quality/quantity ever being completed by a single person (Stardew Valley or something? Not really the same genre though).

Also I can guarantee you 100%, the stuff listed on your Patreon is grounds for terminating your Patreon if you manage to get enough attention/reported by some douche. They don't like slavery shit and forced body modifications. I know people that were banned under that excuse. You should have a backup planned to Patreon if you're serious. Too many devs put all their eggs in the fickle Patreon basket.

“The list of kinks included is way too long to give here, but includes a lot of extreme stuff like involuntary surgical alteration, sexual slavery, and most other things associated with slavery fantasies”.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes