Apr 12, 2018
Well, it's nice to see a new build. It's now possible to actually do something: Adjust Taxes. It would be more interesting if the economic model was implemented so that the population actually changed. Looking forward to the next version!

EDIT: It's also possible to modify school curriculum, which shows promise in the future, but doesn't have a clear game function quite yet.

Reactions: Rexaureus

Legionary JR-586

Legionary of a lost legion.
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Well, it's nice to see a new build. It's now possible to actually do something: Adjust Taxes. It would be more interesting if the economic model was implemented so that the population actually changed. Looking forward to the next version!

EDIT: It's also possible to modify school curriculum, which shows promise in the future, but doesn't have a clear game function quite yet.
I'm working on it right now. Implementing a few base policies, that cover a bit of everything at the start of the game, population included. School policies will remain placeholders for the next few demos, which will be to two or three, and if i feel the need a fourth release, before leaving demo phase, and become a playable game. So please do keep an eye out, and expect schools policies implementation then.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
ok so i started this and ..... there's literally nothing to do apart from a Character Creator "test" and Animaiton "test"....
this isn't v1.0
it's v0.01

Sxythe

Sep 1, 2017
I spent so much time in freecities and the pregmod that I would learn unity just to help this stay alive. xD
This is a great idea, hope you don't get burnt out like some of the others that have tried.

Reactions: Legionary JR-586

Legionary JR-586

Legionary of a lost legion.
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
I spent so much time in freecities and the pregmod that I would learn unity just to help this stay alive. xD
This is a great idea, hope you don't get burnt out like some of the others that have tried.
I know. The danger is real, and i have been there before.... but there are other "dangers", that get me more concerned.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hey Legionary JR-586, how many updates you think that the game will have until whe have all the basics of the game? For example the days, adquiring slaves, selling, sex, societies, a little of story, etc? I'm not talking about full complex stuff, but the basic (like the basic freecities).

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Hey Legionary JR-586, how many updates you think that the game will have until whe have all the basics of the game? For example the days, adquiring slaves, selling, sex, societies, a little of story, etc? I'm not talking about full complex stuff, but the basic (like the basic freecities).
im pretty sure this will take a while. making a game on HTML is one thing, but incorporating it into unity is a whole new level of complexity. give it at least another year.

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
I really liked Free Cities, up until the rules system was changed to the point where you needed a degree in programming to set them up.

Gonna watch this game, see where this goes.

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes