Others Completed Netoria Tactics: Revolution [Female Carwyn Update] [Apollo Seven]

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes

jaden000

May 30, 2020
Because the RISK of someone getting NTR'd away is more satisfying than just having them get NTR'd no matter what? Player agency is pretty potent in H games...
Yet that logic doesn’t apply in harem/romance games. Anytime the idea of optional NTR is bought you get crucified and multiple games had to remove the NTR path/section cause of the outburst. And you’re trying to satisfy a vocal minority that doesn’t like the genre to begin.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Yet that logic doesn’t apply in harem/romance games. Anytime the idea of optional NTR is bought you get crucified and multiple games had to remove the NTR path/section cause of the outburst. And you’re trying to satisfy a vocal minority that doesn’t like the genre to begin.
I'm not sure what you're advocating for at this point. Do you want this game to remove optional NTR and force it on players, or are you just ranting in general?

Varryan

Aug 2, 2017
I'm not sure what you're advocating for at this point. Do you want this game to remove optional NTR and force it on players, or are you just ranting in general?
I think he wants the dev to just focus on making a full NTR game basically, since people who hate NTR or only play harem style games wont play this one anyway.

Reactions: Thecatbred

jaden000

May 30, 2020
Well rant is bit general but point is simple. Avoidable NTR is stupid because it always creates conflicts because you’re trying to satisfy two opposing fanbases and there have many instances of games where neither side is satisfied.

jaden000

May 30, 2020
I think he wants the dev to just focus on making a full NTR game basically, since people who hate NTR or only play harem style games wont play this one anyway.
It doesn’t have to be NTR. Could be a full blown harem game also. But trying to combine the two will always create issues

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Well rant is bit general but point is simple. Avoidable NTR is stupid because it always creates conflicts because you’re trying to satisfy two opposing fanbases and there have many instances of games where neither side is satisfied.
I mean that's fair enough, but it's not like there's anything else in this game. It being optional just gives players the choice of which one they want to pursue. If they pursue none of the routes then they'll probably get really fucking bored.

Reactions: Boygo

jaden000

May 30, 2020
I mean that's fair enough, but it's not like there's anything else in this game. It being optional just gives players the choice of which one they want to pursue. If they pursue none of the routes then they'll probably get really fucking bored.
I agree to an extent but the only thing is tho the “avoidable NTR” group is only playing the avoidable section. And NTR fan fan group are most of time playing NTR route mainly. It’s not like avoidable group is playing the NTR parts also to increase the experience of the game since it’s a given they are not comfortable with the genre. So now you end up in a situation where people are only playing segments of a game and that’s where so many conflicts arise trying to satisfy both opposing groups. And I personally believe it’s stupid and pointless but I can understand why some might want it.

Dec 1, 2022
Just finished Level 6. I like it so far.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
I have to agree with everything you said.
And I would like to add that the maps are too big and/or the movement of the characters (and the range of the bow) is too short. Walking around between turns when enemies are not in combat is just too tedious.

Reactions: Pyrrical

Sean Poon

Jun 22, 2018
Get this error anytime I try to select a difficulty for a new game. Running Pop_OS and using Wine

code [10 64] [2023/01/15 10:26:13] unknown Line 377: (null) (null)

Anyone else?

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Playing on a pc, I am findign the game somewhat unworkable; most of the typical keyboard functions [up, down, hide, skip, enter, etc.] simply do not work. I had to restart the game after going to the configuration to turn the volume down, as I had no keystroke way to return to the main screen, and there was no clickable button that would accomplish it.

Maybe I got a bad copy, but I have downloaded it twice, with precisely the same results.

Reactions: pizbia

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Any plans for a Linux port?
No. The engine doesn't support it, sorry.

Is it possible to separate voice and effect volume? Or disable the typewriter sound? It kinda drowns out the moans and such.

- I don't feel like fog of war really adds anything here, especially with the way it updates at the end of the character's turn. It's just kind of annoying.
Yeah, the voice sound is a bit of a problem. Ideally I'd like to give a way for people to toggle it. I should also probably find the file in the RTP and manually lower the volume of it.
The fog of war is only there for those two levels you already played, you're free.

Also this is just a question will there be a route in the game where Gwen sees the corruption of fem mc and actively eggs it on and helps out for some f/f sorruption.
No, there's no not going to be any FF content in the main game plan. It's a good expansion opportunity though.

After Owain 69 with Gwynevere, is there any other scene?
No. That's the end for now. There's not a lot of sex in this release, but it's mostly build up. Things get serious very quickly into chapter 4.

What kind is the relationship between Carwyn and Gwenivier?
They both really like each other but due to personal flaws and misunderstandings are finding it hard to actually become a couple.

Is there any chance for the male hero to NTR the girl without he himself becoming a woman? He doesn't need breasts or a vagina to cheat with a man :giggle:
You can cuck Gwenivier with another female character who shows up near the end of this version, Vivian. Gwenivier does not take it well.

Why not just turn it into a gay furry game while you are at it. With Kobold Joe as the only romance option.
Kobold Joe is too heroic and perfect to get involved in these gross sweaty pink soft human shenanigans.

Apollo Seven
Well just some little feedback, the pacing is a bit off with how story progresses and with how much you can corrupt by yourself.

Also dont know why I saw that 69 scene, since I had the mystery pov on.
Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do with Gwen's alternate promotion routes because when it can happen varies wildly by what difficulty you're on and how much you use her. Maybe I'll just make it so you have to be past a certain point for it to happen at all and if you're overleveled you just have to put off promoting her to get it.

And I looked and you're right, those Carwyn missing scenes don't have a mystery NTR trigger, oops.

Game is really nice, I love how the themes are handled. It's a shame the game engine used is dogshit. :(
Yeah, it's pretty terrible. But this game only exists because I found trying to push it to its limits fun. So the awful interface and weird design choices are the price that needed to be paid for this to happen.

I never understand why devs try to create games with avoidable NTR route. Your try to satisfy two opposing fanbases and it always results in endless conflicts. Often times neither side is happy with how back and forth you have to go to please each sides. And the choice option argument is so dumb because NTR fans don’t play avoidable NTR route and ppl who don’t like NTR aren’t playing the NTR route. It’s a lot of resource you have to invest on. I much rather see a harem/romance or NTR stand alone game with various endings. And it only applies to the NTR genre cause for some reason people who don’t like the genre love dickriding in NTR games and have to announce to world they don’t like it every time :BootyTime:
Because I wanted to? I'm not really an NTR game developer, theirs been some small traces of it in a few routes in Calibration Error, but it's not really something I write a lot. And in this game, the NTR being avoidable is core to the mechanics of the game. So not having routes for avoiding it would make it a lot less fun I think.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
The only person I'm trying to satisfy with the game's story and design is me. Of course I make changes based on comments and criticism, but I didn't add non-NTR content because I wanted to appease anyone. I added it because I thought it would make the game a better experience by my personal criteria.

Get this error anytime I try to select a difficulty for a new game. Running Pop_OS and using Wine

code [10 64] [2023/01/15 10:26:13] unknown Line 377: (null) (null)

Anyone else?
Other people have had problems running it in Wine as well.

Playing on a pc, I am findign the game somewhat unworkable; most of the typical keyboard functions [up, down, hide, skip, enter, etc.] simply do not work. I had to restart the game after going to the configuration to turn the volume down, as I had no keystroke way to return to the main screen, and there was no clickable button that would accomplish it.

Maybe I got a bad copy, but I have downloaded it twice, with precisely the same results.
It's best to play it with a two button mouse. As far as going back from menus, it's ctrl. Why? I don't know, but there's a hundred other weirder design choices I would ask the people who made the engine about before that.

Does anybody know what kind of game engine is this?
SRPG Studio.

Tetsuno

Mar 30, 2019
TF Card Battle is one of my favourite games and seeing that it's from the same dev made me try this game and yeah. Shit's amazing yo. The only issue I have is clunky controls, the way in which my mouse zooms around the entire map is annoying as hell, but other than that: amazing. The only issue I have is with how short it's planned to be, I'd love a full series with those mechanics and even at least similar characters. Great job dev, I hope for more stuff from you in the future and looking forward to the possbility of pregnancy in the endings!

GrumpyGranny

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
The only person I'm trying to satisfy with the game's story and design is me. Of course I make changes based on comments and criticism, but I didn't add non-NTR content because I wanted to appease anyone. I added it because I thought it would make the game a better experience by my personal criteria.
based lol

anyway, thanks... interesting, any particular reason why SRPG over JRPG? Or like the advantages of SRPG - I guess the combat implementation?

Reactions: Boygo

jaden000

May 30, 2020
I can respect your ambition even if our viewpoints are different.

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes