Others Completed Netoria Tactics: Revolution [Female Carwyn Update] [Apollo Seven]

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
anyway, thanks... interesting, any particular reason why SRPG over JRPG? Or like the advantages of SRPG - I guess the combat implementation?
Let me tell you the story of why this game exists. One of my friends over on TFGamessite, Icarue, released a game in SRPG Studio. I was like, what the hell is that? So I asked them about it and ended up downloading it myself. I bought it and boy, was it clunky and unituitive.
But being a game designer and programmer, clunky and unintuitive just meant a fun challenge to try to get around. So in a whirlwind weekend of ideation I ended up with a whole bunch of cool mechanics (or at least, I thought they were cool mechanics). And I'd been on a bit of an NTR kick lately so I decided to try my hand at making one. Well after a while my little prototype was pretty fun and I decided to make it an actual game.

So without SRPG Studio this wouldn't have existed, it always was going to be a Fire Emblem esque tactics RPG.

TF Card Battle is one of my favourite games and seeing that it's from the same dev made me try this game and yeah. Shit's amazing yo. The only issue I have is clunky controls, the way in which my mouse zooms around the entire map is annoying as hell, but other than that: amazing. The only issue I have is with how short it's planned to be, I'd love a full series with those mechanics and even at least similar characters. Great job dev, I hope for more stuff from you in the future and looking forward to the possbility of pregnancy in the endings!
This has to be a short game because I have so many other ongoing projects, this is just a fun side thing. I want it to be over by May because that's when my new, big, expensive game comes out. That's also why the budget for this one is so small, because the big expensive game has been eating all the budget for a year. I sure hope people like that one or I might be out of business lol.

Last edited:

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
I don't suppose Vivian will ever be able to fall victim to the other guys? Is she here just to cuck Gwen?

Eldiran

Mar 7, 2019
Alright, the questions that always gets asked. Is the NTR avoidable???
Yes, yes it is. However, no non-NTR sex scenes are in the game yet, wait a few months for the finished game of you want that.
Thanks you , that's exactly what i wanted to see.
I don't like NTR but strangely , i like beating NTR game that permit to avoid NTR stuff. It's like an horror game for me and winning against something i don't like , even if it's somewhat fake because it's totally a path the dev have allowed , does the job for me . So i keep in mind this game and return when none-NTR suff will be implemented . Oh and on a side note , the art look good .

i wish you the best in your project : )

Last edited:

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I don't suppose Vivian will ever be able to fall victim to the other guys? Is she here just to cuck Gwen?
I don't want to spoil anything, but Vivian can be stolen too. In fact it's very important to what ending you get.
I keep dying in Vivian flashback CH1. After I land 1 hit they just kill the captain then Game Over. Im on story mode, how do I beat this? Thx
The captain is supposed to die. The game keeps going after that unless some weird bug is happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stupidkiller

M3lly

Jun 1, 2020
I played past lvl 10 dungeon and have the non human party member joined. I feel that they game difficulty is way too high. I switched to easy and there are still fights where party members get killed.

The equipment system seems bugged too. I bought a throwing axe and shining axe for gwen, but it doesn't show up in the stash at all. Interface is hard to navigate, but the story is interesting enough to keep playing.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Would have been really cool if the game used the art style of the title screen for the scenes.

And I'm definitely seconding some other people's suggestion to let us disable to typewriter sound effect.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I played past lvl 10 dungeon and have the non human party member joined. I feel that they game difficulty is way too high. I switched to easy and there are still fights where party members get killed.

The equipment system seems bugged too. I bought a throwing axe and shining axe for gwen, but it doesn't show up in the stash at all. Interface is hard to navigate, but the story is interesting enough to keep playing.
We'll see how other people feel, but most don't seem to be having a problem with it. You gain so much experience on easy that whenever I've tried it you can kind of do whatever and be fine. Individual party members dying isn't a big deal, there's no permadeath.

Are you sure you're on the right tab of the item stash? There's little icons on the side organized into the various weapon types and such.

Reactions: M3lly

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Would have been really cool if the game used the art style of the title screen for the scenes.

And I'm definitely seconding some other people's suggestion to let us disable to typewriter sound effect.
It would have also cost 3x as much. Not really feasible, but would be cool yeah.
I can't really find a way to assign or turn off elements of the dialogue box in game, or adjust the volume of individual elements. So I'm just going to change it to something else.

Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Does aphrodisiac on Gwen do anything? Are we just supposed to use it on the other dudes?

Hmm... If you equip the whole erotic set on Gwen, she gets too many skills and her Menacing skill seems to disappear?

But then again, Menacing doesn't seem to always work either. The archer dude keeps getting hit even when staying adjacent to Gwen.

Also, a Load function would be nice. I have to restart the game every time I want to load.

And the proc chance for groping seems extremely low. I don't know if 30 lust = 30% chance, but it definitely doesn't proc 30% of the time. And the max lust is 30.

Last edited:

M3lly

Jun 1, 2020
We'll see how other people feel, but most don't seem to be having a problem with it. You gain so much experience on easy that whenever I've tried it you can kind of do whatever and be fine. Individual party members dying isn't a big deal, there's no permadeath.

Are you sure you're on the right tab of the item stash? There's little icons on the side organized into the various weapon types and such.
Thanks I guess I was just dumb. Didn't know there were multiple tabs.

Anyway, am I locked into a route at relationship 5? I didn't mean to but one of the guys got to level 5 but I also wanna check out other scenes. How do we choose what ending we get in the end?

• Angry
Reactions: ThaDude1977

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Does aphrodisiac on Gwen do anything? Are we just supposed to use it on the other dudes?

Hmm... If you equip the whole erotic set on Gwen, she gets too many skills and her Menacing skill seems to disappear?

But then again, Menacing doesn't seem to always work either. The archer dude keeps getting hit even when staying adjacent to Gwen.

Also, a Load function would be nice. I have to restart the game every time I want to load.

And the proc chance for groping seems extremely low. I don't know if 30 lust = 30% chance, but it definitely doesn't proc 30% of the time. And the max lust is 30.
There's no reason to use the aphrodisiac on Gwen, she can't grope back until she's at a high relationship level with one of the guys regardless of lust.
As far as a load function goes, I have it set up to have load as a command, but it doesn't seem to show up. So don't really know what's going on there.
Yes, the percent chance is equal to lust. Unless SRPG Studio has bad random number generation (and it might, wouldn't surprise me) you're probably just getting unlucky.
I actually already made a change to make intentionally triggering gropes easier. I added movement commands, like shove, draw back, swap, that kind of thing, that will let characters automatically grope while performing them.

Thanks I guess I was just dumb. Didn't know there were multiple tabs.

Anyway, am I locked into a route at relationship 5? I didn't mean to but one of the guys got to level 5 but I also wanna check out other scenes. How do we choose what ending we get in the end?
Level 5 is the highest it goes right now. After that new levels are unlocked at certain points in the story. There's no choices for endings, it's all based on who is in relationships with who. If you're at 5 by the end of the caverns, you're pretty much locked into Gwen being stolen away by that character.

M3lly

Jun 1, 2020
There's no reason to use the aphrodisiac on Gwen, she can't grope back until she's at a high relationship level with one of the guys regardless of lust.
As far as a load function goes, I have it set up to have load as a command, but it doesn't seem to show up. So don't really know what's going on there.
Yes, the percent chance is equal to lust. Unless SRPG Studio has bad random number generation (and it might, wouldn't surprise me) you're probably just getting unlucky.
I actually already made a change to make intentionally triggering gropes easier. I added movement commands, like shove, draw back, swap, that kind of thing, that will let characters automatically grope while performing them.

Level 5 is the highest it goes right now. After that new levels are unlocked at certain points in the story. There's no choices for endings, it's all based on who is in relationships with who. If you're at 5 by the end of the caverns, you're pretty much locked into Gwen being stolen away by that character.
So what happens if there are multiple lvl 5s? Or you can only get lvl 5 for 1 party member?

Zulfiqar

Sep 16, 2019
Goddamnit I see that Apollo is finally making a game in a genre I like, SRPGs are just generally criminally underserved, and it's "just a fun side thing."

I mean your reasoning makes sense but man it's crazy how your early games seemed just okay but then you came up with Naked Ambition which is weirdly well put together in surprising ways like even the music... except for me fundamentally a roguelike VN hybrid is not terribly appealing. I pray to Kaga you will feel motivated to give this a sequel or something after your big project.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
So what happens if there are multiple lvl 5s? Or you can only get lvl 5 for 1 party member?
They can reach level 5 by being at level 4 by the time Carwyn goes missing. Only one person can trigger this peer play through. They can also reach level 5 later in the story, but still only one person. All this is detailed in the walkthrough included in the game files.

Goddamnit I see that Apollo is finally making a game in a genre I like, SRPGs are just generally criminally underserved, and it's "just a fun side thing."

I mean your reasoning makes sense but man it's crazy how your early games seemed just okay but then you came up with Naked Ambition which is weirdly well put together in surprising ways like even the music... except for me fundamentally a roguelike VN hybrid is not terribly appealing. I pray to Kaga you will feel motivated to give this a sequel or something after your big project.
Do you like autobattlers like Super Auto Pets or Hearthstone Battlegrounds? Because if you do the really big coming soon should appease you. As for sequels, again it really depends on how well this game does. If it gets great reviews and grows my Patreon, sure it's in the cards. Or at least something else NTR-centric. I generally tend not to like to do games in the same genre twice, or at least not twice in a row. If I was still in the business of making deck building card games, I wouldn't be in business at all because I would have quit out of burnout years ago.

Reactions: abgazil and M3lly

cniht

Jun 6, 2017
Let me tell you the story of why this game exists. One of my friends over on TFGamessite, Icarue, released a game in SRPG Studio. I was like, what the hell is that? So I asked them about it and ended up downloading it myself. I bought it and boy, was it clunky and unituitive.
But being a game designer and programmer, clunky and unintuitive just meant a fun challenge to try to get around. So in a whirlwind weekend of ideation I ended up with a whole bunch of cool mechanics (or at least, I thought they were cool mechanics). And I'd been on a bit of an NTR kick lately so I decided to try my hand at making one. Well after a while my little prototype was pretty fun and I decided to make it an actual game.

So without SRPG Studio this wouldn't have existed, it always was going to be a Fire Emblem esque tactics RPG.

This has to be a short game because I have so many other ongoing projects, this is just a fun side thing. I want it to be over by May because that's when my new, big, expensive game comes out. That's also why the budget for this one is so small, because the big expensive game has been eating all the budget for a year. I sure hope people like that one or I might be out of business lol.
The game is good and has a lot of work put into it. I would say the biggest issue is one that's likely being forced into due to the engine limitations, which is the interface, as you pointed out. The controls are defiantly not intuitive. That's the biggest downside I've seen so far.

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes