Others Completed Netoria Tactics: Revolution [Female Carwyn Update] [Apollo Seven]

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes

dash327

Jun 21, 2017
Enjoying the game and looking forward to the next version.

If you have any comments on my ridiculous, novel-length review, Apollo Seven, I have no problem editing it to correct or clarify it.
I'm not the dev, but I did have a comment on your review, from player to player. Vivian is into male Carwyn, not female Carwyn. Her skills buff Carwyn's male form, and offset his Lone Wolf skill, which female Carwyn doesn't have. None of her scenes with Carwyn involve his female form, only his male form. She's just very, very devoted to Carwyn after he saves her, and is very blunt about not being into the other guys.

Reactions: TheBat89

TheBat89

Apr 6, 2017
I'm not the dev, but I did have a comment on your review, from player to player. Vivian is into male Carwyn, not female Carwyn. Her skills buff Carwyn's male form, and offset his Lone Wolf skill, which female Carwyn doesn't have. None of her scenes with Carwyn involve his female form, only his male form. She's just very, very devoted to Carwyn after he saves her, and is very blunt about not being into the other guys.
My mistake, I'm not sure how I got that so wrong. Could've sworn she made passes at Carwyn when he was in female form but, nope, just re-checked the game's memories collection. I'll fix it later. Thanks.

Kinda a shame, though. Lesbians getting dicked is a terribly underutilized fetish.

EDIT: Edited my review.

Last edited:

Hypnogod

Jan 25, 2020
Are there any more routes planned for the future? Vivian corruption? Maybe fem version of all the guys so mage can corrupt them?

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Kobold GF When?
There's actually a conversation between Kobold Joe and Carwyn later on in the game on the NTR route where Carwyn complains about being a cuck and Kobold Joe is basically "I'm never going to see a female Kobold ever again, shut the hell up. There's millions of human woman out there for you to fuck."

I am writing here only about referring to the main scenes in MC POV because the rest is great. Then when he had a chance to hear something there or see shadows or a vague image (for example, during sleep) or when he couldn't see something was some ambiguous dialogue, either in the distance or at him.

It's good to hear that each of them will have their own path. The character design is also very cool jarring about the women as well as the men because they are very distinctive and have their own unique way of behaving, not just in erotic way so that's also a big plus.

Well, and I hope that the new woman will also not be forgotten in terms of Netorare and will be stolen.

May you change your mind and pull this game idea longer though, because it really has a lot of potential and it's a shame to waste it and end up with a few patches. (y)
I'm still not sure what you mean by MC POV. You're talking about the mode where Gwenivier's scenes are hidden, right? It would be interesting to add more hints and snippets. Maybe something like I've attached where it's so dark you can only barely make out anything is happening at all.

I'm not so sure why people are complaining about the game's story being a definitive length. Wouldn't you rather have a good, well paced story than something that goes on idefinitly with no goals in mind just to milk money? After it's all done if there's still momentum I can just add more content into the already set story.

Enjoying the game and looking forward to the next version.

If you have any comments on my ridiculous, novel-length review, Apollo Seven, I have no problem editing it to correct or clarify it.
Let's see... I do agree with you that the gropes are a little boring, they could be fleshed out more. Controlling Gwen and having her go around talking to people and engaging in shenanigans is definitely not going to happen, that'd be a lot of work.
All of your art complaints can only be met by I made do with the budget I had. It was either the generic grope popins or nothing at all. In fact, I couldn't even afford lesbian grope popins, which is part of why there's no female-female routes for TFd Carwyn.
I think a lot of what is perceived as limitations is because of where the game ends right now. All the cavern stuff is over, they leave in Chapter 4 and things really pick up in the story, this so far is all setup. So Gwen isn't supposed to be doing anything particuarly exciting with the other guys yet, we're not there. This is all still tease.

The real reason the game has the NTR tag is that the dev won’t give us a kobold Joe route
Mmm.... Kobold Joe's sexy, sexy lips pressed against mine, my hand running over his boney crest... wait what were we talking about?

Are there any more routes planned for the future? Vivian corruption? Maybe fem version of all the guys so mage can corrupt them?
There is a Vivian corruption route and it's pretty important to the story. But I can't talk about it without major spoilers.

There's a lot of story assumptions people have made in these comments that are wrong, but I can't say why without spoiling things. There's some twists coming up that I think are pretty interesting. For now you just have to trust me. ;)

Ginger457

Jun 9, 2019
I'm down for an SRPG Studio game, but the maps are a little basic from what I've played so far. Long hallways with static enemies mostly.
Maybe it gets more interesting later but I think that enemies reinforcing from the rear with increasing strength/frequency as the map went on would apply some nice pressure.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I'm down for an SRPG Studio game, but the maps are a little basic from what I've played so far. Long hallways with static enemies mostly.
Maybe it gets more interesting later but I think that enemies reinforcing from the rear with increasing strength/frequency as the map went on would apply some nice pressure.
The beginning of the game is very simple for a few reasons. One is that I expect this game to be played by a lot of people who aren't familiar with SRPGs. Another is that the focusing of the game is on positioning, so having open spacing would make things like Carwyn's Lone Wolf and Gwenivier being groped if next to other patty members less impactful. So a lot of the focus and strategy isn't actualy focused on just defeating the enemies necessarily.

Reactions: stochastic

Ginger457

Jun 9, 2019
The beginning of the game is very simple for a few reasons. One is that I expect this game to be played by a lot of people who aren't familiar with SRPGs. Another is that the focusing of the game is on positioning, so having open spacing would make things like Carwyn's Lone Wolf and Gwenivier being groped if next to other patty members less impactful. So a lot of the focus and strategy isn't actualy focused on just defeating the enemies necessarily.
Ok, it's fair that I'm coming at it from a Fire Emblem fans perspective and knowledge base.

If anything though, I'd say that it's still *too* open. Again just from my perspective having played as far as the 2nd rival introduction. If the enemies wait around for you to advance then there's less of an incentive to fight "close-order" you're better off baiting them at distance to attack Gwen and then killing them on player phase.

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
It looks like the best game of this developer. Very nice art and cool gameplay without bugs. I just wonder what that dres for female in shop is doing

NeZKyMaN

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I'm still not sure what you mean by MC POV. You're talking about the mode where Gwenivier's scenes are hidden, right? It would be interesting to add more hints and snippets. Maybe something like I've attached where it's so dark you can only barely make out anything is happening at all.

I'm not so sure why people are complaining about the game's story being a definitive length. Wouldn't you rather have a good, well paced story than something that goes on idefinitly with no goals in mind just to milk money? After it's all done if there's still momentum I can just add more content into the already set story.

There is a Vivian corruption route and it's pretty important to the story. But I can't talk about it without major spoilers.
Yes, that's exactly the mode I'm writing about ;-)
And yes, more or less as you have given in the example. Just so that every main scene or conversation related to it has some kind of reference in the MC's POV - of course sometimes visual, sometimes textual depending on how much you could prepare.
- hearing a bit of conversation from the main scene, this could be a selection of some cool bits, after all they are quite long in the Gven POV version so there is plenty to choose from;
- as I wrote and as you presented, some shadows or blurred image caused by either a dream or the circumstances of the darkness of the tunnel or something, it could even be an excerpt of some dream that would have the MC on it only obviously presented in a distorted mirror, i.e. with a different text or something;

I like to play the MC POV versions of the game first, though, getting a cool way of teasing from the game.

Another question, apart from the player's behaviour during battles and so on - do you have any dialogue decisions planned? they all don't have to be heavily influenced by the game world, but it's better to get into the main character when I have the opportunity to at least somewhat what he is saying and hear the reactions of the environment.
I understand that this requires adding a few versions of dialogue, but it certainly raises the status of the project. Just think about it if you can find the time, inclination and resources ;-)

masterhead

Dec 5, 2022
It's the last level, but there's a little bit more story after. You have to kill both of them, they start summoning more enemies over time so it's best to do it fast.
That means it's not even theoretically possible to win.
I'm only playing on normal and they instakill every character always, it's quite the ''difficulty spike'' after a whole game of pretty much no difficulty.

SirSeamon

Jun 9, 2022
where can i give the characters the items that i just bought from the store? because im having a hard time trying to find that option but it seems like buying items is useless because i cant give them

Random Bob

Sep 12, 2018
I'm only playing on normal and they instakill every character always, it's quite the ''difficulty spike'' after a whole game of pretty much no difficulty.
I've played on normal and did struggle with that part for a short while. I had to load a pre-battle save and switch some of the equipment to actually get it done.
You can place female Carwyn in a way that allows you to attack the mages, but won't let them retaliate. Kobold and the thief can also outrange them, though in my case Kobold was doing 0 damage, so I had him focus down the summons instead. I did kill the left mage in melee, I had the axe girl use a fire weapon to rush him down and get him on low HP (plus she's tanky, so she didn't get removed in 1 hit), dedicated my own mage to healing and had the other guys just try to land a killing blow before I get overwhelmed by summons.
Took me a couple of tries, but it really wasn't that difficult once I sat down to think what I can do.

I don't get it either, I'd pick quality over quantity any day of the week, especially when the story is an important part of the game. Even if the game won't receive any expansions - at least we're very likely to get a focused and complete experience, without dead ends and half-finished content because you've been stumbling in the dark for 3 years, adding random stuff to please the patrons or whatnot to the point where the tone, art and story are about as consistent as my sleep schedule.
That being said, I do wish you much success with this title. Not because I personally enjoy it (I actually hate NTR), but because it's something different and well put together, despite the budget and engine limitations. In fact, I think having to work with such severe restraints makes the game's current quality all the more impressive.
Let's see... I do agree with you that the gropes are a little boring, they could be fleshed out more.
I think a lot of what is perceived as limitations is because of where the game ends right now. All the cavern stuff is over, they leave in Chapter 4 and things really pick up in the story, this so far is all setup. So Gwen isn't supposed to be doing anything particuarly exciting with the other guys yet, we're not there. This is all still tease.
And I think it's pretty effective. Generic art aside (and once again, I've no issue with it, it gets the point across well enough and is just a smart use of limited means), I think the gropes are on a decent track, and I'm eager to see what's you're going to add in the future updates. I was at first going to say that perhaps some of the current ones could be spiced up a little bit, if only by adding a tiny bit more dialogue, but now I'm not sure, because IMO even the basic ones like the"Mmmm ...." one kinda work, since that's just her reacting to sudden stimulation; she's at the point where she's accepting of the touches but not yet depraved enough to be like "is that all you got?", so basically what I'm saying is I've no idea what I'd even want to see be done here.

Also, I've got some gameplay related questions. So, I'm not really an SRPG player (though I do like turn based games, so I'm not entirely oblivious to the basic concepts), and are therefore unfamiliar with the way the gameplays intended/structured in those games. 3 questions, one gear and one class related, one about the mechanics.

So, I'm generally used to games providing nearly worthless shopping opportunities, as in - anything you can find or buy in the next 15 minutes will easily outperform whatever you bought right now. Some of the early weapons seem to fall within this category in my perspective (at least from the very limited experience I had with the game, I was playing on normal btw), like why spend 250 gold (at a time when income is also very low) on a marginally better weapon, when very soon after 500 buys you something vastly more useful (or not, some of the things like throwing axes looked like they have abysmal accuracy for example, leaving them in the "I've used up my movement points and can't reach the opponent, might as well roll the dice with this hunk of crap since I've already spent gold on it" territory). Some of the later gear options genuinely looked pretty nice, especially the bows. Rooting in place, or being able to obliterate HP of a tough monster at a cost of not being able to kill are pretty interesting choices.
With the exception of the thief's mini-events, I didn't notice any gear magically materializing in my inventory (by looting or other means), so am I correct in assuming that you've to actually buy the things, and if so - am I missing something with some of the (especially early) items? Wouldn't I be just gimping myself by doing small upgrades instead of saving up for something meaningful? I did get pretty far just using the starting items, so I don't know what to think about it.

I've noticed everyone gets 2 class tokens, although I was only able to evolve 3 characters during my playthrough. I won't ask for spoilers on what the requirements are to unlock them (though I wouldn't be angry about being spoiled), but could you give me some info on what can I expect from the upgrades? Like, other than some stat changes and access (or lack of it) to weapon classes, will they also unlock abilities or something? The dancer had an immediate access to a ton of new stuff, while upgrading the thief or the MC looked like mostly stat shuffling with possibly opening more gear choices, did I miss something? Oh, and should you evolve the classes as soon as possible? Like, does this change stat gain on level ups for example?

And finally - how does the quick map completion bonus work in general? I was getting some bonuses early on, even though I was killing everyone and looting all the chests while still trying to reach the objectives in a timely manner. Does every map just has a set time goal? Is this like a consolation prize for speeding to the exit and skipping enemies, or was I just too damn slow on later maps? It didn't feel like I was playing in a sluggish manner, but you never know. Again, I'm not familiar with how this type of game is supposed to flow.

Also, I'd apologize for throwing walls of text at you, but ... you're the one who created this monster. I'm so used to the games on this website being either VNs or using stock RPGmaker combat that I forgot what actual gameplay and mechanics look like.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Yes, that's exactly the mode I'm writing about ;-)
And yes, more or less as you have given in the example. Just so that every main scene or conversation related to it has some kind of reference in the MC's POV - of course sometimes visual, sometimes textual depending on how much you could prepare.
- hearing a bit of conversation from the main scene, this could be a selection of some cool bits, after all they are quite long in the Gven POV version so there is plenty to choose from;
- as I wrote and as you presented, some shadows or blurred image caused by either a dream or the circumstances of the darkness of the tunnel or something, it could even be an excerpt of some dream that would have the MC on it only obviously presented in a distorted mirror, i.e. with a different text or something;
I put a little something together that I really like. Basically it takes the existing scenes and darkens the art a lot and puts the dialogue over the existing text obscurer with some more ominous music. I think it works pretty well and will add it to the hidden NTR route. Not for every scene, but some of them.

Another question, apart from the player's behaviour during battles and so on - do you have any dialogue decisions planned? they all don't have to be heavily influenced by the game world, but it's better to get into the main character when I have the opportunity to at least somewhat what he is saying and hear the reactions of the environment.
I understand that this requires adding a few versions of dialogue, but it certainly raises the status of the project. Just think about it if you can find the time, inclination and resources ;-)
There are no dialogue choices in the game. Every branching outcome is the result of who gets groped in the battles and how much. I think having dialogue choices would go against the feel and point of the game, what happens between Carwyn and Gwenivier shouldn't hinge on if he says the right words or not. It's about actions.

Well I beat it whenever I play through and other people seem to beat it, so it's definitely not impossible. But a good amount of people seem to be having trouble with it so I'll nerf them a bit

where can i give the characters the items that i just bought from the store? because im having a hard time trying to find that option but it seems like buying items is useless because i cant give them
When you buy an item it goes to the Item Stash. From there you can equip it team members, either through the Manage option, or accessing the Item Stash in battle.

And I think it's pretty effective. Generic art aside (and once again, I've no issue with it, it gets the point across well enough and is just a smart use of limited means), I think the gropes are on a decent track, and I'm eager to see what's you're going to add in the future updates. I was at first going to say that perhaps some of the current ones could be spiced up a little bit, if only by adding a tiny bit more dialogue, but now I'm not sure, because IMO even the basic ones like the"Mmmm ...." one kinda work, since that's just her reacting to sudden stimulation; she's at the point where she's accepting of the touches but not yet depraved enough to be like "is that all you got?", so basically what I'm saying is I've no idea what I'd even want to see be done here.
Yeah, I've already started reworking how the gropes work a bit my recoding them in a better way. It'll have a selection of four per corruption level it randomizes between with about 2-4 lines of dialogue for them. I don't want them to be long or it'll slow down the pace of the gameplay too much.

So, I'm generally used to games providing nearly worthless shopping opportunities, as in - anything you can find or buy in the next 15 minutes will easily outperform whatever you bought right now. Some of the early weapons seem to fall within this category in my perspective (at least from the very limited experience I had with the game, I was playing on normal btw), like why spend 250 gold (at a time when income is also very low) on a marginally better weapon, when very soon after 500 buys you something vastly more useful (or not, some of the things like throwing axes looked like they have abysmal accuracy for example, leaving them in the "I've used up my movement points and can't reach the opponent, might as well roll the dice with this hunk of crap since I've already spent gold on it" territory). Some of the later gear options genuinely looked pretty nice, especially the bows. Rooting in place, or being able to obliterate HP of a tough monster at a cost of not being able to kill are pretty interesting choices.
With the exception of the thief's mini-events, I didn't notice any gear magically materializing in my inventory (by looting or other means), so am I correct in assuming that you've to actually buy the things, and if so - am I missing something with some of the (especially early) items? Wouldn't I be just gimping myself by doing small upgrades instead of saving up for something meaningful? I did get pretty far just using the starting items, so I don't know what to think about it.
You only get new items when you buy them. So something like the cheap 250 items can be a good way to upgrade a character when you only have a little bit of money left. You have a lot of characters to equip and outfit and very limited funds so you can't buy everyone really good 2,000 gold items. For example the Shining Sword might be a good way to upgrade Owain's close combat skills cheaply, since that's not really something you need to invest a lot in.

I've noticed everyone gets 2 class tokens, although I was only able to evolve 3 characters during my playthrough. I won't ask for spoilers on what the requirements are to unlock them (though I wouldn't be angry about being spoiled), but could you give me some info on what can I expect from the upgrades? Like, other than some stat changes and access (or lack of it) to weapon classes, will they also unlock abilities or something? The dancer had an immediate access to a ton of new stuff, while upgrading the thief or the MC looked like mostly stat shuffling with possibly opening more gear choices, did I miss something? Oh, and should you evolve the classes as soon as possible? Like, does this change stat gain on level ups for example?
Level 1 promotions are mostly stat and equipment changes. Level 2 promotions usually also add an extra skill. The game is short enough that there's not really any reason to not upgrade at level 10 every time because you can't grind EXP anyway so you're not going to hit the level cap unless on easy, and in that case you can do whatever you want anyway pretty much.

And finally - how does the quick map completion bonus work in general? I was getting some bonuses early on, even though I was killing everyone and looting all the chests while still trying to reach the objectives in a timely manner. Does every map just has a set time goal? Is this like a consolation prize for speeding to the exit and skipping enemies, or was I just too damn slow on later maps? It didn't feel like I was playing in a sluggish manner, but you never know. Again, I'm not familiar with how this type of game is supposed to flow.
It has a set time for every chapter. It's up to you to decide if rushing the goal is worth missing EXP and gold. It's mainly there to disincentivize creeping through the levels, since in these kind of games moving very slowly to avoid aggroing enemies is usually the best strategy and very boring.

Dec 11, 2019
Imagining Carwyn with his hands on his hips and a faraway stare as he goes through flashbacks as everyone just has their hands holding their heads just makes me laugh. I love the humor

Reactions: Apollo Seven

O_Conceito

Dec 12, 2019
As a Fire Emblem and an NTR fan, this game is a godsend for me.
I've been looking for a tactical/management game where you have to protect your love interest from corruption or stolen away.
A few more heroines would make this game perfect.

Controls are easy to grasp for me. I can't understand others struggles with it.
Keep up the good work!
Have u played any other games like this ?

Zulfiqar

Sep 16, 2019
Do you like autobattlers like Super Auto Pets or Hearthstone Battlegrounds? Because if you do the really big coming soon should appease you. As for sequels, again it really depends on how well this game does. If it gets great reviews and grows my Patreon, sure it's in the cards. Or at least something else NTR-centric. I generally tend not to like to do games in the same genre twice, or at least not twice in a row. If I was still in the business of making deck building card games, I wouldn't be in business at all because I would have quit out of burnout years ago.
I have played a little of autobattlers and yeah that sounds good.

Yeah I totally understand, personally I have a similar sort of idiosyncrasy where I get an idea and want to explore it and once I'm done I just want to move on to another interesting, different idea. Not saying you're fickle as you've done substantial development on Naked Ambition but it does mean I am unlikely to get what I would like. I've always wanted a really substantial Fire Emblem game that's also porn as I get attached to the units even if the writing is usually not so good. Instead we get the endless slew of mind numbing RPGM games because few people are big brain enough to figure SRPG maker out ( including me I opened that shit up and couldn't even figure out how to assign units the the player :WeSmart: )

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
I'm not sure if it is intended - but for some reason, when Gwen purity falls enough - for some reason her scenes with other antagonists appeared (even if I was keeping Gwen near one antagonist strictly). Was that supposed to happen?

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes