• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Abandoned New Beijing [Day 7] [Banished]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Banished is taking a break, his words on his patreon.
You think he would still be taking a break if not for rpgm? Like yes in theory it would slow down content to port, but in practice he would get so much greater support from the community that he would be more motivated and more financially capable of working on the game.

MotootE

Jun 10, 2017
很遗憾之前我们发的几条中文评论被删了。我们只不过是在吐槽为什么要叫“新北京”这个名字。
Sorry some of our Chinese posts got deleted. They are mainly about us laughing about the name of the game.
Yeah, the name is quite funny. "Beijinger" here.

fengshuocnm

Jun 21, 2019
3rd pic ring me a bell of racism...

but.. i m gonna try it out and see why what look like an blonde occidental women should (probably) kiss a chinese feet.

XD
Anyone with eyes can tell she's kissing a black feet belongs to the politically top race in the GREAT America

Dextor34

Dec 26, 2018
Honestly, one of the biggest downsides of RPGM is that I can't skip through old content whenever a new version comes out. Not an issue if the last version wasn't released too long ago, but after months I'm not ready to replay the entire game, but neither am I ready to jump into my old save and know what's what.

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
Wanted to like this, as Lezdom is one of my favorite fetishes, but unfortunately it's got too many flaws

the 3D models are pretty ugly looking, would have been better to avoid them

that happiness/boredom mechanic is annoying and makes it less fun, she keeps having -10 at the beginning of the day, so even if you went to bed with positive happiness it doesn't seem to carry over

It's fine if a game is challenging, but it shouldn't be a game where you're pretty much assured to lose.

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
The MC is a sub/maso so I'm guessing the losing is the fetish?
Not really, in the game world China is dominant and the West is impoverished, but the MC is a high performing white girl who got into a top Chinese HS and appears to be on a successful path. Then the Chinese gov announces a law that basically makes westerners second class citizens to Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Indians, etc.). The MC isn't submissive, bit she's basically forced to act submissive in order to remain in school.

So basically the game involves her keep up her struggling studies while having to deal with all the restrictions, which is fine, but the Dev added a boredom mechanic, where the MC has to be above 0 boredom in order to do her work, which is really annoying since it takes a lot of time to boost her boredom significantly, a 20 point boost takes an hour, time where you can't study and you already have a very limited window for the MC to study.

So basically its pretty much setup for the MC to fail.

Reactions: 88Michele88

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Not really, in the game world China is dominant and the West is impoverished, but the MC is a high performing white girl who got into a top Chinese HS and appears to be on a successful path. Then the Chinese gov announces a law that basically makes westerners second class citizens to Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Indians, etc.). The MC isn't submissive, bit she's basically forced to act submissive in order to remain in school.

So basically the game involves her keep up her struggling studies while having to deal with all the restrictions, which is fine, but the Dev added a boredom mechanic, where the MC has to be above 0 boredom in order to do her work, which is really annoying since it takes a lot of time to boost her boredom significantly, a 20 point boost takes an hour, time where you can't study and you already have a very limited window for the MC to study.

So basically its pretty much setup for the MC to fail.
I reviewed this year 2 years ago and I wrote then:

taler said:
I'm a fan of Mana Ray (due to being introduced by this game) and I see that the gameplay shares an interesting setup with that person's stories. Mana Ray's bdsm revolves around setting up the sub in situations that are ostensibly normal, reasonable and survivable but actually isn't. The sub then feels inferior and are thrown into despair when they fail. I'm getting that feel as the player when playing this game. I'm fucking up hard and can't really tell whether it's because I'm not enough of a good girl or because I'm supposed to fail. Not sure how I feel about this, maybe a true sub would really enjoy this feeling.
Sorry maybe I should say the target market is someone who's supposed to be a sub/maso and internalize the struggle.

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
Sorry maybe I should say the target market is someone who's supposed to be a sub/maso and internalize the struggle.
I like some submissive stuff, but when playing a game, I like there to be the option of winning if you want, that way it's like a choice, do you want the sub route, or do you want to overcome and win. That way the submission is by choice.

banished

Jun 27, 2018
I'm working (though not at the moment) on a route where if you are the Troublemaker you can sort of fight back and win. But the MC is set up to lose though, it's just a storytelling device. I could make this a VN or picture slideshow, or let the player experience it more deeply.

Reactions: Shoopster

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
I'm working (though not at the moment) on a route where if you are the Troublemaker you can sort of fight back and win. But the MC is set up to lose though, it's just a storytelling device. I could make this a VN or picture slideshow, or let the player experience it more deeply.
But the problem is it's just not as interesting a game, that's fine in a novel or story you read, where you are a passive viewer of events, but in a game, you want your choices to be meaningful, since you are an active participant, and if they aren't, then it makes the experience less enjoyable.

I'm glad to see you are working on a potential pathway for fighting back, that will greatly improve the game.

banished

Jun 27, 2018
But the problem is it's just not as interesting a game, that's fine in a novel or story you read, where you are a passive viewer of events, but in a game, you want your choices to be meaningful, since you are an active participant, and if they aren't, then it makes the experience less enjoyable.

I'm glad to see you are working on a potential pathway for fighting back, that will greatly improve the game.
Summer's choices change the pathway in which she fails, which have different consequences (jail vs underground as one example). How submissive you choose to make her and which skills you invest in also have in-game effects. It's an "explore Summer's downfall" game most of all, and in an industry saturated with power fantasy self-inserts, there is an audience for that.

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
Summer's choices change the pathway in which she fails, which have different consequences (jail vs underground as one example). How submissive you choose to make her and which skills you invest in also have in-game effects. It's an "explore Summer's downfall" game most of all, and in an industry saturated with power fantasy self-inserts, there is an audience for that.
That's just different pathways to the same result

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes