RPGM Abandoned New Beijing [Day 7] [Banished]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

scoobzz

Dec 6, 2018
But the problem is it's just not as interesting a game, that's fine in a novel or story you read, where you are a passive viewer of events, but in a game, you want your choices to be meaningful, since you are an active participant, and if they aren't, then it makes the experience less enjoyable.

I'm glad to see you are working on a potential pathway for fighting back, that will greatly improve the game.
I think these ideas in story design are mutually exclusive with femdom based games. There could be a way to 'win' the story, but anyone playing a femdom game doesn't really want to 'win.'

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
I think these ideas in story design are mutually exclusive with femdom based games. There could be a way to 'win' the story, but anyone playing a femdom game doesn't really want to 'win.'
True, but it should be a choice, makes it better if the submission is by choice

banished

Jun 27, 2018
True, but it should be a choice, makes it better if the submission is by choice
I find that is a different genre than the stuff I create. I'm guessing you're talking about MC meets girl, girl asks small favors that escalate until they are submitting. That's fine but if I was into that I would have just played those games instead of making my own.

For me it's more attractive for the MC to slide down into a state where it's not a realistic choice to refuse. To each their own

Reactions: Pyreen and danny63

banished

Jun 27, 2018
There's another game on here called Earn Your Freedom which is more what I'm into. But unlike that game, where you start off already submitting, I like to setup a plausible world where you are still free. This provides contrast and makes the submissive scenario more exciting, imo. But many players do get frustrated that what seems plausible is already rigged against them. It's just a difference of taste

banished

Jun 27, 2018
Hey guys, working on Day 8 right now. I've decided to rebalance the recreation a bit. From now on if you wake up at 8AM (normal) you don't receive a penalty to recreation (was -20). You only receive this penalty if you have to wake up earlier, which does and will happen some times

obiruto

Nov 22, 2021
Interesting game, cant wait to see more.
Just to be sure : you do have to replay the game from the beggining each time you upload a new day ? Saves arent compatible cross-versions ?

Once more, nice game, thanks for the nice foot content

banished

Jun 27, 2018
Interesting game, cant wait to see more.
Just to be sure : you do have to replay the game from the beggining each time you upload a new day ? Saves arent compatible cross-versions ?

Once more, nice game, thanks for the nice foot content
You don't have to start over, but I recommend you do to avoid possible bugs. The reason is that I usually fix bugs in earlier days and sometimes tweak the dialogue a bit or add small things to set up the newer day. The new content will assume these things happened in your playthrough. Sometimes it's something big and obvious and I can warn about it, mostly though they are smaller and I forget. If I had more time or a team working on this etc I would document the process better, but it is what it is

Reactions: Pyreen and obiruto

banished

Jun 27, 2018
Hey NB fans, I've made an Itchi.io page where you can get the game. The reason I made it is because one of my patrons was having trouble with his payment method (India) and requested this platform which works for them.

The problem is that when trying to withdraw my funds, Itch.io is taking forever to review my page/thinks I'm a scammer because only one person made a payment (and I didn't exactly make a nice page with descriptions, etc for just one person who wanted to pay me).

I don't usually ask people to support my work directly like this, but it would help me to establish myself as a non-scammer on Itch in this case. I also didn't want to "double-dip" on my patreon supporters who have already paid. I figured some of you might be willing to help.

I've also added my 4 page comic Thirst as a product you can get. It features drawn art by an artist I payed. Normally I offer this for free to patrons with a lifetime amount of $45 but as part of this campaign I'm selling it for $7.50.

Here's the link:

Thanks so much if you buy either the game or the comic

Reactions: obiruto

hamtaror

Nov 26, 2019
Tried your game after a long time, Banished.
And as much as I still like it, the bugs had multiplied quite a bit.

To mention a few:
it's super easy to fail the "come to visit me at 3 PM" on the 6th (or was it the 7th) day.
I had to reload like 4 times and try different approaches cause I kept getting the usual dialogue once I got there (the go home now, I don't need you).
If you fail to get to her house as planned, the whole thing repeats itself the next day, only this time you will get in but will be stuck in the living room after cleaning it (doesn't happen when you manage to work out the 1st meeting) since it's meant to be a 2nd day inside and you were locked out of that already.

Also, I've been sent to prison but couldn't work cause I was too tired/hungry to work, and thus the prisoner chick was stuck in: you got nothing for me so leave my block.

But all in all, it's still nice. I only regret the 1st day at the massage place lacks pictures.

Reactions: LAKueiJin

SiuKim

Jul 27, 2018
I like the premise a lot. But this game is bugged to all hell. I've soft-locked it 3 different times and haven't reached day 3 yet

Yandere Lust

Nov 8, 2020
Hello, I'm on the first Sunday, working the Nail Salon, but it's bugged. I go through the events, and no matter what I do, the interaction with the Salon boss bugs out. She isn't in her proper position in the lounge for one. For two, there is no CGs, even though it seems like there are supposed to be, more yet, you don't receive your tip money even though the game says it was sent to you. Does anyone know what causes this bug and how to prevent/fix it? Thank you.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
day 8 has been out for 7 months now, i feel like it should honestly be public by now.
It's 7 months old and banished hasn't updated hispatreon in 5 months, i don't think he'd lose anything by letting people play day 8
It's a piracy forum, take the hit of $5 and share it.

That being said, really wish he would just bite the bullet and port to renpy. There are so many more successful femdom renpy VNs out there it sucks this one, the one with one of the highest quality writing, is languishing in rpgm hell.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
It's a piracy forum, take the hit of $5 and share it.

That being said, really wish he would just bite the bullet and port to renpy. There are so many more successful femdom renpy VNs out there it sucks this one, the one with one of the highest quality writing, is languishing in rpgm hell.
as long time ago he said that his third game would be in renpy, but he's been a lot less active since then.

also, i mean i wasn't saying that i'm entitled to the release, i was just saying that compared to his own previous schedule of making updates free, 7 months is a lotlogner than before so i'd have expected it to have hit free by now. Ii had $10+ i could spend on lewd games, NB day 8 would probably allot for 5 of it

taler

Oct 5, 2017
as long time ago he said that his third game would be in renpy, but he's been a lot less active since then.

also, i mean i wasn't saying that i'm entitled to the release, i was just saying that compared to his own previous schedule of making updates free, 7 months is a lotlogner than before so i'd have expected it to have hit free by now. Ii had $10+ i could spend on lewd games, NB day 8 would probably allot for 5 of it
Yeah but you see he's experiencing burnout and demotivation because his existing games aren't popular because they're on rpgm. As a result he's not excited about starting a third game, especially since he's not finished with his previous games. That's why the highest priority should've always been to port to renpy regardless of the huge sunk cost into rpgm.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes