• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

serter31

Mar 15, 2018
normal all day play fm2020
HoneyGames just lost 20 patrons today :-( that is something between 20 and 500 USD in support.
I hope he realize now the importance to communicate any delays and or difficulties to his patrons that might effect the update.
:d

EKOMEKO

Feb 22, 2018
But it can also turn out to be a disadvantage if he says that the development of his games doesn't bring anything more and he completely refrains from it. But I can understand people who cancel their PATREON membership with him ...
Yes I said that. 30 Patreon members lost in 1 month. One of them is mine. It is not right to pay for 3-4 months and not get updates.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Yes I said that. 30 Patreon members lost in 1 month. One of them is mine. It is not right to pay for 3-4 months and not get updates.
Yup, it is far more appropriate to pay 6-7 months for it.
Or if we are really generous and respectable to supporters, it could be 12+months, which is a real deal.
Those 3-4 months here, and for the first time happening....damned dev is such amateur.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
HoneyGames just lost 20 patrons today :-( that is something between 20 and 500 USD in support.
I hope he realize now the importance to communicate any delays and or difficulties to his patrons that might effect the update.
Yeah, this happens at the beginning of every month as payments don't get processed correctly through Patreon.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
I think DrPinkCake (Being a DIK) has got a good communication strategy, he updates his patrons every Friday about the progress in the game development, how many new images, how many animations, while he does not set a precise release date. This is the best, because you just tell how much you have done and people are satisfied with that.
We must also say that he earns really a lot from that game (I think it's his only job) and he is at risk of collapsing mentally & physically because he is working too many hours each day. You cannot sustain such schedule for a long time without health issues. No VN developer is really professional in every aspect.
Maybe in the following years we'll see more developers joining forces and creating professional studios devoted to adult games.

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
I think DrPinkCake (Being a DIK) has got a good communication strategy, he updates his patrons every Friday about the progress in the game development, how many new images, how many animations, while he does not set a precise release date. This is the best, because you just tell how much you have done and people are satisfied with that.
We must also say that he earns really a lot from that game (I think it's his only job) and he is at risk of collapsing mentally & physically because he is working too many hours each day. You cannot sustain such schedule for a long time without health issues. No VN developer is really professional in every aspect.
Maybe in the following years we'll see more developers joining forces and creating professional studios devoted to adult games.
Best one by far , are the team behind treasure of nadia , they have lots of patreons , but they also provide updates twice a month. Its not fair to compare them with Honeygames , as he is pretty much alone.

Reactions: cccxxx

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
some people say he is like cyberpunk 2077 cdproject
i say he is more like fargo and numenera or maybe vampire bloodlines 2...

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Best one by far , are the team behind treasure of nadia , they have lots of patreons , but they also provide updates twice a month. Its not fair to compare them with Honeygames , as he is pretty much alone.
Yes that's what I am saying, for a single person that also has to manage his daily job every single minute is important, so I understand why many developers have to prioritize coding and renderings at the expense of public relations. Updating about the work is not just writing a post, it's collecting data and statistics for writing it, looking at replies etc. That's why I really hope many of them join the forces and create bigger teams.

Reactions: cccxxx

kaziro

Oct 16, 2017
i delete wall of text i wrote no need repeat myself and people mock my writing anyway
its just upsetting every few weeks some disappearance then new update like almost done
if not happen few week i will close this page i will consider as abondoned game i wont check it again unless when i look new updated games at seen accidently.
heis deserve patreons its nice promising and unique game.
but im suprised even only %10 patreon lost after this much delay.
october to march its just wow

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Post from today on PATREON:

First of all, sorry for the lack of communication.
This period has been very complex from a business point of view, the city where I live is back in lockdown, the week before the start of the lockdown I was fully engaged in my work (real work) to organize countermeasures for the lockdown. (I am a consultant for several restaurants, which now have had to close again, so I had to reorganize all the restaurants menus to adapt them to take away only, it is complex because it includes staff reduction, elimination of some food not suitable to be transported and other things, I don't want to bore you further)
I hope that at this point there will be no further unforeseen events because I really want to continue to work on this game in which I put and am putting a lot of effort. I would love it if this could be my only job, because I would like to give it complete priority, unfortunately that is not the case.
I took advantage of the time when I couldn't be in front of the PC by working on it and doing more renders. (by the way adding renders in the old locations takes some time to change the name of the images, which are now more for each location).

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
Well its good to hear from him , and the fact he didnt presented a new date means he probably expects a much longer delay. The renders are nice , my only issue is with Luana and Yanmei tan...i am more into "not so black skins"

Reactions: Root228

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Would be interesting if someone could please share info about the current lockdown. I have a hard time finding relevant info, from what I can find (bbc) Milan/Lombard was put in lockdown 23rd feb, meaning "the week before" would be the same week HG posted the previous patreon post, that can't be right..
Other sources refer to a extensive lockdown starting 5th march, which would put "the week before" at the time for the supposed release. If so that should lead to about 4 days delay, right?

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
In Italy there are 3 lockdown bands (now become 4) Yellow, orange and red. In "Yellow" restaurants can be open for lunch (never in the evening, except for take away). In "orange" they cannot be open for lunch either (only take away). From this Monday Milan has gone from "Yellow" to "Orange". It was already known for a week that this would happen.
So I've been reorganizing the menus of the venues I work for since they're going to be downsizing further. The fewer people working in the kitchen, the less "preparation" can be done. So I had to confront with the cooks and find solutions that fit the new situation. Honestly, everyone was convinced that Milan would not return to the orange zone until 10 days ago, there was enough confidence, but the situation has worsened. It seems now that within a couple of weeks we will be back in the red zone. this shit won't end

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
In Italy there are 3 lockdown bands (now become 4) Yellow, orange and red. In "Yellow" restaurants can be open for lunch (never in the evening, except for take away). In "orange" they cannot be open for lunch either (only take away). From this Monday Milan has gone from "Yellow" to "Orange". It was already known for a week that this would happen.
So I've been reorganizing the menus of the venues I work for since they're going to be downsizing further. The fewer people working in the kitchen, the less "preparation" can be done. So I had to confront with the cooks and find solutions that fit the new situation. Honestly, everyone was convinced that Milan would not return to the orange zone until 10 days ago, there was enough confidence, but the situation has worsened. It seems now that within a couple of weeks we will be back in the red zone. this shit won't end
Thanks for info buddy. It proved difficult for me to find such info, but I assume media outside of Italy don't see a great upside to reporting the specifics..

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

ben_kenobi

Aug 1, 2019
To keep this on-topic, I hope the MC doesn't get strung up at the up-coming party as my manwhore playthrough is sleeping with like 80% of the women!
In my playthrough he's gonna be strung up for sure! I predict that he finally gets suplexed by Yvette. She'll see him flirting with Yanmei or whatever go up to her and tell her to stay away from her boyfriend, Yanmei's gonna be like boyfriend? this dude's been coming to my hotel room for the past couple of weeks fucking the shit out of me. And then Yvette's slowly boiling with rage face is gonna be the last thing he sees before waking up in the hospital getting a detailed PowerPoint Presentation from Mark on how to not get caught cheating while dating professional wrestlers...

4.20 star(s) 70 Votes