coloradowiz

Sep 27, 2017
I don't know but somehow it sounds in the post that we don't have to expect a new update during "Italian lockdown times".
That's a bummer, but CoVid is hurting all of us. Is a vicious circle really, not enough time to work on the game then the game dies, not enough money to work on it full time. I wish there is a way to do a small donation at each release to incentivize. Patreon is too open ended and I don't like subscription.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
That's a bummer, but CoVid is hurting all of us. Is a vicious circle really, not enough time to work on the game then the game dies, not enough money to work on it full time. I wish there is a way to do a small donation at each release to incentivize. Patreon is too open ended and I don't like subscription.
Well... you can do just that through patreon though, you sign up for the amount you feel appropriate when the release drops then you end your subscription til next time. Easy peazy no worries

Reactions: cccxxx

kaziro

Oct 16, 2017
for me problem wasn't waiting although 1.4 was mid october now we at mid march
problem was every 2-3 week he said in few week ready first was new pc then am ready but checking extra few new render old one then family problem then x tehn y like dog eat my homework yes can be but when happen more then few time its more crrshing.1-2 week later will be 5 month normally must be soon we get 1.6

ok can be few thing go wrong not only itality entire wolrd suffering
but he said several time work is done and left few think.
like at novamberto me or someone else to said im actually done all render done with new pc i will do few think will be ready soon when newpc arrive atc

then if i remeber coreclty an example game was done some coding and testers helping him test bugs
ok rl job had troubles ok but if game almost readyt ok do job 2 week but then must be finish then right.

and once someone said data lost whatever u say if it salmost going to 5. month half year long cant be pandemy

again delays arent problem even this rtook forever
problem has non stop problem several seeral time said almost done almost ready few weeks and after thats past months still nothing.
if had some work troubleor rl family issue he must say that and give break from this settle down issue few month then come instead of every few week new delaying excuses.

mid october to mid march just wooow and no eta too this can be said ok probably coming march 20 but can be again delayed to april mid and no one i bet gone be surpised

wweguy29

May 2, 2018
Does it matter? And if so, why?
So we know if the dev is actually working on the game or not. just sitting on his ass after giving out a release date then the next update omitting a release date when the update before he was confident enough to get it done on that date. He even stopped updating the work progress.

Reactions: cccxxx

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
So we know if the dev is actually working on the game or not. just sitting on his ass after giving out a release date then the next update omitting a release date when the update before he was confident enough to get it done on that date. He even stopped updating the work progress.
Wrong, the only acceptable answer would be:
" it matters because you're a paying patron and you feel you're not getting the communication you deserve".
If you are you should demand an answer from HG. If you're not a patron then no, it doesn't matter or even slightly concern you. You are not entitled to question what he does with his time if you're not supporting him, it really is that simple.

He never started using the progress meter in the first place, instead he gave % updates through the posts.

Reactions: cccxxx and Gunizz

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
I think all of the criticism is not about the long wait or the delays. If HONEYGAMES honestly would say he has no time & that there will be no updates for the next few weeks, nobody would have reason to be angry with him and most of them would understand. Unfortunately, it would also have the disadvantage for him that it would run out of patreons.

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
he never does that, it's only excuses after the fact. whici is teribly annoying and fishy.
he is in need of a japanes or german mate on the team !

• Haha
Reactions: uberbomb

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I stopped subbing him because he lacks honesty, no matter what you should communicate with your paying customers, he doesnt.
It looks to me that he is taking all his subbers for granted recently.
Covid is a way of life now so that does not wash. Initially I believed his situation's, but now I think he's playing (on their goodwill) his subs because his excuses are very weak. Nothing he said recently should stop him from working on the game, to be honest nothing he said since the first Covid Outbreak was a valid excuse IMO.

Last edited:

citizenofncc

May 30, 2017
IMO the game became too large and too complex for 1 man show..., this from one side. From the other he started to make new renders for the whole game, not just for the new update after he bought the new equipment. And this is not his full-time job after all. So be patient, he will deliver (I hope so). The game is worth it. He is not the only dev who is delaying his game under this "new usual conditions"... games like Being a DIK are also without update for 5-6 months already, the budget there is lot different from here.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
IMO He is not the only dev who is delaying his game under this "new usual conditions"... games like Being a DIK are also without update for 5-6 months already, the budget there is lot different from here.
Tbf 5-6 months is DPC's usual dev cycle it has nothing to do with the state of the world. Also, the quality and amount of content is not even remoteley comparable in those cases.

I have no issue whatsoever with HG and the amount of time he takes atm, it should be obvious that no one wants the patch to be finished more than him.

I do take issue with the example given since it was a very poor and misleading one :(

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Tbf 5-6 months is DPC's usual dev cycle it has nothing to do with the state of the world. Also, the quality and amount of content is not even remoteley comparable in those cases.

I have no issue whatsoever with HG and the amount of time he takes atm, it should be obvious that no one wants the patch to be finished more than him.

I do take issue with the example given since it was a very poor and misleading one :(
Its good you have no issue I am assuming your a Patreon of his otherwise you "not have an issue" is irrelevant (interpreting your own wording earlier in the thread).
The issue I had was not the time he takes between updates that is supplemental to the hardware and actual hours worked on the game.
My issue, and the reason I no longer sub him, is that he rarely communicates with his subscribers in a manner that is acceptable. Posting an excuse and a weak apology for non communication is bad enough, but then disappearing for weeks after then initial apology with no further updates makes you wonder.
Your point about DPK is valid, but he communicates with his subs professionally thats why I still sub him.
Working and making a game can be very taxing if you dont professionally manage your time.
The thing I do agree on is if you get the game for free on F95 you dont have any right to moan as you pay nothing for it.
You can moan but why would any dev care? Still who doesn't like to moan.

kaziro

Oct 16, 2017
he said 5 month ago all render down just waiting my new pc when arrive i will be done 1-2 week.
so its nothing to do alone or game itself.
he lost credbility if he said guys look i have hard time my work and my rl mess i have family issue im going to give break 3-4 month maybe he lost some patreons but he wasnt lost credbility.

now every 2 week he keep saying will be almost done 2 week then he dispear then he saids some excuse said almost done ten dispear again.

and this sandbx devolopers moslty at least at start work alone .and most of them at start had rl jobs too.and pandemy isnt only affect italty so please dont generate excuse like that.ita past 5 month.

he not own us a anything specaily im not a patreon

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I heard something about a 3rd big lockdown in Italy. You know what that mean... :( (n)
No different than anywhere else Covid is worldwide sympathy to anyone that gets it but is a pandemic class virus for a reason its not limited to one country
Anyway all semi-off topic not about game really so Ill get off this semi-off topic posting

4.20 star(s) 70 Votes