Unity Abandoned New House Rules [v0.3] [Yksok]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Yksok

Game Developer
May 27, 2017
There isn't much content right now, but for those who can't find any: check living room on weekends at 12 to 14.

Reactions: Lycan Huntz4Oppai

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
I don't get it.

How do you interact with any character.
Clicking mouse like mad here.

And what's with the scrolling room icons?

Crasher

May 4, 2017
Yksok
Hi!
It would be cool to update the first post by adding links to New House Rules 0.1.1 and adding mirrors.
New House Rules v0.1 I downloaded without any problems, it turned out that there is a newer version on Patreon.com, now I'm downloading 30 minutes from Google drive House Rules 0.1.1 and at the moment I just downloaded 10 MB from 64Mb.
Thank you.
P.S. Here is an alternative link to Mega

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
There isn't much content right now, but for those who can't find any: check living room on weekends at 12 to 14.
I can understand having "very little content" but having nothing to do Monday to Friday except peep on your sisters and mum in the evening is really annoying. I played just over the first 7 days and then I deleted the game because I was bored.

The first thing you need to do is change the room selection system. Either squeeze it all down to fit all the rooms on the screen or get rid of the thumbnails and use a room list instead. Scrolling on that gets old real quick, especially when there are 4 rooms off the screen and every time you switch to one of them, it pushes them off the screen again. Maybe make it look like Rocketdock, have small thumbnails and blow up the hovered over image? I don't know.
The second thing is give people something to do during the week, even if it's a dead end conversation, I mean there is no interaction with any family member at all Monday to Friday! Give the MC a job, a hobby, a way to improve stats or just something to do!
If there are things you can't do in the current version but the game hints at it being possible, mention in the text that it's for a future version. Yes, you'll then have to change it later but you'll end up with fewer annoyed/frustrated players.

I can't think of what else to suggest, the renders are pretty good and the house looks good. I'd suggest maybe changing the look of the MC and his Dad because they are so overused but you're probably invested already.

Reactions: jfarmer

jfarmer

Oct 7, 2017
May be I'm just spoiled since playing the first demo of wife and mother. But after playing this proof of concept i'm asking myself what exactly the dev wanted to proof.

- The ability to set up a game with unity - check
- Creating locations with - in my opinion - a somewhat sterile look - check
- Introducing nice nd realistic models - check
- Playable content to get a feeling for the characters and their interactions - besides the aunt, missing
- A sort of storyline - after the intro, mostly missing
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- Erotic or sexual content - besides a glimpse at the aunt - waiting for future updates

So this release seems to me a bit a techies approach: Building up a nice and promising framework, but lacking still the justification to do so - For me it does not become fully evident, for what exactly this environment is intended.
I really hope that with future releases this will change and the dev has already a viable story in mind.

I will definitly keep an eye on that game. OT: I'm a techie :)

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
I think this is one of those situations where the Dev should've released at 0.2 first. Not enough stuff to do at this point , and that will turn off a lot of folks. The menus could use a bit of tuning too. I'm not saying this can't turn into a good one, just that it's bare bones at this point. I'll sit on this until 0.2 comes along.

teeee

Oct 15, 2017
how do you speak to the people in the house with you all I get is a button to move forward an hour ?

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
At least this looks like a game where its truly all about family. We have a mom two sisters two aunts and two female cousins, but I wonder if he would ad two GILF's each from mom and dad side? Still Hot looking ones no doubt. (Not something I'm in to but was wondering) ::|:

h3avenw0rd

Jun 7, 2017
I feel like the next update has to be a major step forward in order for this game to survive, or a very strong willed dev dedicated to this game until it reaches maturity. There's potential for a really good game, but that potential is going to be behind so much content creep that it will take a while to get there. Right now, there is a definite gameplay issue with the room navigation bar, the lack of interactions (with people/objects) during non event hours, and the UI being not user friendly (giant red boxes pop too much, and faint small white outline icons don't show well). Events can always be built and added, and incomplete games should try to let players know where an "event stop" is they don't waste their time chasing nothing and become frustrated.

Deciding on where to go from here is going to be crucial, improving general quality of life aspects or push on with events, or a mix, but do it soon so the game can get out of this weird space where it's lacking content AND playability.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Yksok
Hi!
It would be cool to update the first post by adding links to New House Rules 0.1.1 and adding mirrors.
New House Rules v0.1 I downloaded without any problems, it turned out that there is a newer version on Patreon.com, now I'm downloading 30 minutes from Google drive House Rules 0.1.1 and at the moment I just downloaded 10 MB from 64Mb.
Thank you.
P.S. Here is an alternative link to Mega
@jande21

Reactions: jande21

aaaaaxxtr

Sep 28, 2017
Nice demo man please make we change the room selector resets first position, please make that static and if u show whos in the room in selector its gonna be better :D

whats the e.t.a for release?

Aidevilehelli

Nov 1, 2017
Seems like there's a bug. I past my aunt the new clothes which cost me $200 (3 weeks of clicking). During sunday i spoke to aunt and she say coming then it hang.

Evilko

Apr 11, 2017
I just love this new models, especially mother, she is soooo good. And younger sister looks lovely too.
But when i saw this elder sister, i was like "Sailor fuku? WTF?". Imho, don't suit her, she looks... inappropriate?
I hope author will find his patrons and we will see another quality content)

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes