RPGM Abandoned New Paths [v0.13a] [DrunkNescafe]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
save link plss
Pointless his games are so code fucked up its always start from begining and even that will have errors thats why we are at ver "c" already
I like his game but hes useless at coding

May 14, 2017
Pointless his games are so code fucked up its always start from begining and even that will have errors thats why we are at ver "c" already
I like his game but hes useless at coding
i have to agree with you their, the game is good but it is also really bad at same time, what i mean by this is i really hate starting again after each new update comes out its a real pain in the ass.

Reactions: ray3dave

kare

Aug 5, 2016
So did the 0.12 beta end or what? He said there isn't any content, but it will be added after beta testing finishes, and 0.12c doesn't seem like it has anything new.

lemartes

Nov 12, 2016
my every single attempt to play this game end with some kind of game breaking bug, its like he is adding 2 bugs for every single one he solves,

at 0.12c now, i cant even take brian to walk, which a feature was in game for like almost 3-4 months now

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
at 0.12c now, i cant even take brian to walk, which a feature was in game for like almost 3-4 months now
did you try with a clean save? I discovered that if you try to use older saves the game breaks.

Reactions: Krull

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
Ok so now he is going to abandon RPG Maker and remake the game in Unreal Engine with a customizable model for the MC, at least he has hired someone to do the work so maaaaybe we can hope for a less buggy version with the new engine. I really don't know what to expect with this.

(16/07/17)

It’s been an interesting week, that for sure. My programmer have started to work with some of my ideas and they are starting to take form.

1. First of all, Suzie body as a shape is GONE!

You can make your own. The plan is to let the player make his own model as the main character. There will be different cloths, hair, props etc. in the start of the game. NOTE THE MODEL IN VIDEO IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT. Breast and as will have physic.

2. Players can name their own character. (Not Finished)

3. Story will be rewritten, to fit the rework game. (Not Finished)

4. RPG elements will be in game. (Stats, hunger, energy etc.) (Not Finished)

5. Time system will be in game. (Not Finished)

6. Day/night system (Not Finished)

The structure of released work, will change with the release in unreal. All events will get proofread before added in game. Since new path in RPG maker was extremely much content before the proofreader was hired this was a main problem (and still is)

We are planning much, some parts will be in game other will come later on. I don’t have any release time for the rework game in unreal.

And again, that’s for all of the support. This is because of your support I can hire the programmer to do this work. And I’m so grateful for your support.

EDIT:

Discord channel freeked out when I said the body of Suzie is gone. We can try to make Suzie body the standard when you create your new characters for the old players. And the new players can change it. (dont know 100%)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
In Discord he also said that versions 12 and 13 will be in rpg maker.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
So the dev instead of finishing the game just start anew? I just can't follow it... Are his patreons ok with it?

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
They seem to, yes. It will be the third version of the game, this time he won't start a new story from scratch, he will change some elements of it but from what I understood he will update the game in UE instead of RPGM

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Given that rpg maker does not allow him to do the things he wants for example that's why so many bugs, he'll do the same game on Unity. The text will be the same, but all scenes must be adjusted.

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
I don't think it's a bad idea, but aren't Unity and Unreal Engine made for 3D games ? I can't reallt visualize a 2D RPGM like game in Unreal and I don't think he will do a full 3D game like House Party isn't he ?

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I don't think it's a bad idea, but aren't Unity and Unreal Engine made for 3D games ? I can't reallt visualize a 2D RPGM like game in Unreal and I don't think he will do a full 3D game like House Party isn't he ?
My game is made in unity and it's made with 2d gameplay, it's not a big deal, but unreal is not well suited for 2d games, I think he's going for full 3D.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Given that rpg maker does not allow him to do the things he wants for example that's why so many bugs, he'll do the same game on Unity.
I've followed this game for a while. The ideas are interesting, but the developer is more interested in adding moar moar than fixing and polishing the mechanics in use. I have the utmost confidence in his ability to make a buggy mess in whatever engine he uses.

Reactions: Watsonholmes
1.80 star(s) 10 Votes