RPGM Abandoned New Paths [v0.13a] [DrunkNescafe]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
I sadly think he does not know what he's doing. It will be the third version, the first one being totally different about a girl who was working as a prison guard (whence the title screen's background in the current version) and the second, the one we know. He changes the story to add more depth wich is in either a good thing but in the current version the story was inconsistent, moreover he starts from scratch with a totally new and more complex engine when he couldn't even make a properly functionnal game in RPGM? He has good ideas but don't seem to know how to make them work. Let's just jope I'm wrong and/or he works with people who knows how to properly make a game

Reactions: Orangutan

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
on 20/08/17

Weekly update and Q&A

This week I have more or less spent on learning unreal, I have written a huge portion of the game at this point. Dialogue etc.

Q&A

How will the gameplay be?

I have been thinking along time about this before the unreal process started. And it will be a mix of point and click and 3d world. This is most to the fact if we are going to make a game with a huge 3d world where the player need to run back and forth with the same environment every time. It will get boring fast. Different parts of the map will be 3d world where the player can explore etc.

You can move the camera around in the environment, where you can click on different objects. And when talking to NPC.

Will there be RPG maker sprit in game?

NO!, all of the NPC etc. will be 3d.

Will the world be 3d?

The whole world will be in real time render, where the NPC will move and don’t stand static.

Will there be stats etc.?

The hunger and stat system will be in unreal. But they will work properly since it’s not in Rpg maker.

Day and night? / weather.

The time system will be in unreal. Different events will take different time. And seconds will count as normal.

There will be a weather system where the player gets wet. And There will not be that many different weather types at the start of the game. I do hope to have a summer/winter times.

Rework of NPC.

I have reworked many of the NPC at this moment. And the character that have gotten the most work is Elena. Since the game will go more into the Russian team I think the new model will look better than the old one.

Why are you using genesis 3 models in unreal?

This is models and different material I have already spent a lot of money on. The models aren’t AAA standard but I don’t have the money to get dose models at the start of this project. So it’s more a balancing of the budget. I rater pay my programmer and get gameplay then spend much money on good looking models that I can do anything with.

How much freedom do we get in the creation of models?

The player will get as much freedom as possible at the start of the game. BUT there will only be one outfit at the start and one type of hair. Where the player can change hair color. This is to save time. There is no point of making 10 types of hair when there is no gameplay. So this is something we will come back to.

I do have some experience with Unreal, can I work for you?

Contact me on discord and let’s talk about it.

Was the stream fun?

For me it was fun, to talk about the game and how I’m planning on developing it. And a big shutout to my programmer that are doing a good job.

When can we play this awesome game that you are teasing us with?

I don’t think people really understand how long the developing process is taking. This isn’t like Rpg maker mv with art in daz3d. Things are taking longer time, but the product will be much better. I HOPE (READ THAT AGAIN) if we don’t have big problems to have a proof of concept ready in a month of two. This is not a fixed date. More information will come later on.

Reactions: Krull

ding000

Dec 6, 2016
This is sadly more of a pay me to do show you my tech demo and work on my programming skills then support me in making a game.

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
This is sadly more of a pay me to do show you my tech demo and work on my programming skills then support me in making a game.
Indeed... He throws away the RPGM version because it's to complex if I understood right but uses a far more complex engine to make a full 3D without real solid knowledge of it... I think he's going right into a wall...

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
I hope he can find something and stick with it. New Paths is among my favorites despite its general wonkiness with the bugs. A bit disheartening he's essentially restarting with a new engine.

May 14, 2017
He will keep doing the old game as it is, just that he is now also doing the game again in a new engine
thats pish then, i liked the current one there's no way in hell i am going to keep starting and stopping because this guy wants to redo everything, it's time i stay clear of his stuff.

x3Stevee

Jul 28, 2017
idk so much bugs or wtf is that.
I played 20 minutes and i can't do more than just that, i went with "daddy" to pub or bar whatever and now? He's still following me, where i should go now?

2. Where i should go with this guy who playing basketball?

Last edited:

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
READ THIS FROM CREATOR!!!!!!
READ THIS!
Aug 24 at 3:45am
I have always said I’m transparent when it comes to the developing of my games. And I’m still are. For the last weeks I have tried to balance the work load between unreal and rpg maker. And I’m failing misery. I don’t have the energy to work on both engine. And it shows after the work week.
What I have been the last week in rpg maker, shows so good that the work is rushed and I’m not happy with it at all.

I could have continue and publish this kind of CRAP! But you guys have supported me so long and you deserve the truth and I don’t want to be one of “dose” developers.

So from now it will not be any development of the “RPG maker MV” version of “New paths” and I will just work on the Unreal release.

So to shorten it up “RPG MAKER MV VERSION IS DEAD”!

My patreon site will get a rework when I get some images from the unreal version. So it will get a rework as well.

I could be a dick and sent this information out after the 1.september. And I totally understand that people will cancel their payment.

Again thanks for all of the support.

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
READ THIS FROM CREATOR!!!!!!
As expected. There was no way in hell the devs could keep working on the both versions of the game. It would eventually tire them at some point. Sometimes aiming way too high can do negative effects on the projects as in this case.

pootin

Aug 24, 2016
hmn... an another game with tons of potencial and much more ambitions, whats coming to an end.
i hate it to seen things coming. :(

Reactions: Batubatu

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Too bad, as mentioned before I really enjoyed this one. If basic RPGM was giving him a hard time, I can't see him getting very far with Unreal. I really wanted to see Susie's story through :(

Reactions: Batubatu

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

I just want to thanks for the support from my patreon when I announced that I would stop of the developing in Rpg maker. It lit feels like a burden off my shoulders.
And just to make something clear, I have hired a profession unreal programmer to help me with the development in unreal. He will take the most of the heavy end development, like the “character creation system. etc. But I need to learn the program myself.

We have done some good progress this week, making different rooms. Player bedroom, parents’ bedroom and the bathroom. (Still not finished) still more work needed, lightning and props.

All of the images are in game graphic in real time renders. But not with optimal lightning’s. So they will be better with time.

Progress are going good and I really enjoy seeing the new version growing.

Thanks again for all of your support.

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes