Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Agreed. I've seen devs absolutely lose their shit trying to stomp out the piracy that goes on. It's wasted effort, they're far better served by trying to reach out on places like this and encourage people to support their work. Devs like Belle have the right of it, I think.

boobmanlord

Aug 13, 2017
Holy. Shit. I used to play this an insane amount. Making outfits was oddly satisfying. The sex system was fun and creating custom characters I had down to a science. This game is a blast when you experience it for the first few times, to be honest. Glad to see SO missing the November release by a day.

I'm a dozen versions behind but nothing really catches my eye in the change log. The threesome stands out and if it's actually good I may get back into the game. Any old player returning? Are the new scenes from 6.8 and upwards good?

Last edited:
Reactions: quiboune

fass

Sep 10, 2017
Holy. Shit. I used to play this an insane amount. Making outfits was oddly satisfying.

I'm a dozen versions behind but nothing really catches my eye in the change log.
This is the same problem so many have. There's barely any difference since 2019 to now and what changes are there you'd experience in one playthrough, barring the articial barriers requiring certain conditions. I think SO has spread it all too thin and too little. Although in saying that he's managed to get a fortune for crumbs trickled out.

boobmanlord

Aug 13, 2017
Thanks for the quick replies. I expected the game to be as exactly as it was when I played. I experienced all but the very-specific scenes. I trailed off after that. Guess I'll check back in a year or two.

dingo4life

Oct 20, 2016
Shame this game didn't have webms or even pics or some kind, if it did it would probably be one of the most popular games on this site, even with the slow update cycle. I guess that is one of the downsides of JAVA as opposed to HTML, it's harder to mod stuff like that.
I would have taken a crack at it myself if I knew any coding but I only got a very minor and basic understanding of HTML and Sugarcube.
It is what it is I suppose.

sta123

Nov 17, 2019
SO is really going hard into the whole lesbian thing which most of us don't care about. Though look at him go... another short lesbo scene which took him 10 minutes to write! WOOOOW you're making progress mr Dev.....
I'm not a patron so there's no reason anyone should care about my opinion, but I'm surprised at just how disappointing the lesbian content is. SO went for the most straightforward approach of duplicating the existing systems for nightclub / makeouts / dates. The setting and events vary slightly, but it retains the same structure and a small portion of it is just gender-swapped text.

It's sensible to try and reuse existing structures when possible to reduce development time, but spending several months duplicating the same mechanics with different genitals just doesn't make sense.

Baelic

Jun 11, 2017
Can anyone help me with NPC creation? I'm doing my damndest to follow the guide, but I suck at comprehending these things. I know I've accomplished this before with previous versions, but I failed to retain the knowledge unfortunately. and now all I can get is this annoying error message that I can't understand "YML parsing error: the YML in this file is invalid in some way. This is an error with the YML formatting which prevents an NPC from being read at all, not an issue with an NPC not meeting Newlife's rules for inclusion. Check the YML for errors."

Or possibly just show me what an npc file with multiple traits is supposed to looked like.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Can anyone help me with NPC creation? I'm doing my damndest to follow the guide, but I suck at comprehending these things. I know I've accomplished this before with previous versions, but I failed to retain the knowledge unfortunately. and now all I can get is this annoying error message that I can't understand "YML parsing error: the YML in this file is invalid in some way. This is an error with the YML formatting which prevents an NPC from being read at all, not an issue with an NPC not meeting Newlife's rules for inclusion. Check the YML for errors."

Or possibly just show me what an npc file with multiple traits is supposed to looked like.
One of the people on the Discord created and maintains an NPC creation tool.

Win:
Linux:

That's your best bet to get characters that work.

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
Can't wait to see what we get this time. Is there now a random chance for migraine that keeps you from having sex or any other vast feature?

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
I tried liking this game. Both just now and well over two years ago.

When I look at the options on the character creation page, I get my hopes up this would be a game you can play in a specific way: where you go about your life and just happens to be unable to say "no" to various sleazy men. You try using the pill and/or condoms but the risk of pregnancy is always deliciously present.

There are options at start to play a forgetful character, or an especially fertile one, and so on. But to me the point of those traits is to play a character that doesn't *want* to become pregnant - it just happens anyway.

However, the sad truth is that this game is not that game. I could summarize this as the game being way too consensual, but I don't want to give the impression I'm into pain and tears and rape. I definitely am not. Just forceful men whose physical presence overwhelms the girl's ability to think with her brain and not what's between her legs. The girl can become irritated or annoyed at first, but ultimately she's not too perturbed when she feels the cum running down her legs. So a better way to phrase it would be "the game has poor support for the reluctant trope".

It just ruins any chances to uphold the illusion of a "good" girl that just happens to get a lot of dick but keeps telling herself those are isolated accidents and not a true indication of her character. I have found I need to *actively* seek out men (go clubbing, visit men's lockers, etc) to find myself in situations where my dignity is threatened. No matter how I try to play the protagonist as a flirty but clueless (not slutty) character, NPC men simply take forever to take the initiative. Sex scenes go on forever, with very few options to remain "prim" and passive, and yet be taken advantage of.

To get me to rate this game and rate it highly, there needs to be much more content added where the girl meets men at work, at cafes and while walking outdoors. Not just at clubs and other sexualized places where she's already advertising "I want to meet men". Co-workers, loose acquaintances and strangers that remain friendly but won't easily stop groping and pawing her, working her up and clouding her judgement.

stochastic

Dec 21, 2019
I tried liking this game. Both just now and well over two years ago.

When I look at the options on the character creation page, I get my hopes up this would be a game you can play in a specific way: where you go about your life and just happens to be unable to say "no" to various sleazy men. You try using the pill and/or condoms but the risk of pregnancy is always deliciously present.

There are options at start to play a forgetful character, or an especially fertile one, and so on. But to me the point of those traits is to play a character that doesn't *want* to become pregnant - it just happens anyway.

However, the sad truth is that this game is not that game. I could summarize this as the game being way too consensual, but I don't want to give the impression I'm into pain and tears and rape. I definitely am not. Just forceful men whose physical presence overwhelms the girl's ability to think with her brain and not what's between her legs. The girl can become irritated or annoyed at first, but ultimately she's not too perturbed when she feels the cum running down her legs. So a better way to phrase it would be "the game has poor support for the reluctant trope".

It just ruins any chances to uphold the illusion of a "good" girl that just happens to get a lot of dick but keeps telling herself those are isolated accidents and not a true indication of her character. I have found I need to *actively* seek out men (go clubbing, visit men's lockers, etc) to find myself in situations where my dignity is threatened. No matter how I try to play the protagonist as a flirty but clueless (not slutty) character, NPC men simply take forever to take the initiative. Sex scenes go on forever, with very few options to remain "prim" and passive, and yet be taken advantage of.

To get me to rate this game and rate it highly, there needs to be much more content added where the girl meets men at work, at cafes and while walking outdoors. Not just at clubs and other sexualized places where she's already advertising "I want to meet men". Co-workers, loose acquaintances and strangers that remain friendly but won't easily stop groping and pawing her, working her up and clouding her judgement.
I don't think the base game from SO is ever going to fully scratch the "reluctant" itch. In addition to not wanting to provoke Patreon, I just don't get the impression that that's what SO wants to make.

I make modifications to several scenes to add more of a noncon flavor to my playthroughs, and you can find those scenes on Discord. I suspect that, starting with this most recent release, there will be more of the casual, not-looking-for-a-guy interactions that you're interested in, because lost trout & SO added a system for adding arbitrary events with randomly drawn characters. This makes it possible for those of us that like our PC to be more reluctant to add new scenes and modify existing ones.

borednow

Mar 1, 2018
Does anybody have a list of the different office rivals you can have? The requirements to get them would also be great.

sta123

Nov 17, 2019
I could summarize this as the game being way too consensual, but I don't want to give the impression I'm into pain and tears and rape. I definitely am not. Just forceful men whose physical presence overwhelms the girl's ability to think with her brain and not what's between her legs. The girl can become irritated or annoyed at first, but ultimately she's not too perturbed when she feels the cum running down her legs. So a better way to phrase it would be "the game has poor support for the reluctant trope".

It just ruins any chances to uphold the illusion of a "good" girl that just happens to get a lot of dick but keeps telling herself those are isolated accidents and not a true indication of her character.
Newlife does attempt to model arousal overcoming reluctance. Options like 'Put a stop to this' will disappear in some scenes if the PC fails a willpower check. But even with low willpower characters there are some scenes where I've never seen the option disappear - maybe something's been overlooked.

sta123

Nov 17, 2019
I don't think the base game from SO is ever going to fully scratch the "reluctant" itch. In addition to not wanting to provoke Patreon, I just don't get the impression that that's what SO wants to make.
There are a few scenes that lean heavily into the dub-consensual or non-consensual though. For example the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Similarly in
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: anedwcan
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes