Deneswherth

Jul 9, 2018
Well by those stats, there is attraction there - it might be other traits blocking the actual relationship to build.
But to force it - set the npclove and npclike and the wlove and wlike to 100
if i remember the direction correctly.. npc* is that given npc's feeling/stats towards the player
and the w*/pc* are the players feelings/stats towards the given npc.
Thanks! Im not in front of my computer yet but I hope with this I can keep my PC from falling out of love instantly despite grinding dates for ten weeks in a row.

I've only just started save editing and your guide for clothes (copy pasting to skip the clothes store waste of time and creating your own) was very helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: coretex

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Thanks! Im not in front of my computer yet but I hope with this I can keep my PC from falling out of love instantly despite grinding dates for ten weeks in a row.

I've only just started save editing and your guide for clothes (copy pasting to skip the clothes store waste of time and creating your own) was very helpful.
Yea, also check the traits too.. no misanthrope, etc. Depending on those it could undo everything you are doing after the next turn.

And yes.. the clothing stores stuff is such a pain, and to set outfit groups back up at times is annoying. Considering you cant get what you want and the variation doesnt mix and match the various attributes and types enough.

Deneswherth

Jul 9, 2018
Yea, also check the traits too.. no misanthrope, etc. Depending on those it could undo everything you are doing after the next turn.

And yes.. the clothing stores stuff is such a pain, and to set outfit groups back up at times is annoying. Considering you cant get what you want and the variation doesnt mix and match the various attributes and types enough.
I think my problem Is that I have a very sex orientated PC (prefers rough, larger dick and bare sex) and while she has romantic and low self esteem traits the npc im trying to make her be in love with is the opposite (inept lover, small dick, conscientious, dont mind body type).

My PC seems to always lose interest after she sleeps with him or even if I make her say she was waiting for marriage and they only do foreplay she goes from in love to her crush is fading on npc.

I tried increasing lovecompat by 10 and I got a message I've never seen despite having raised game for years that my PC'S crush had fully dried up, so I'm guessing that trait multiplies both gain and loss by 10.
Maybe putting in -10 might make love loss a gain? I have no knowledge of how coding works so I guess that might just break and crash the game lmao.

Reactions: bestfriends

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Some of the values do scale into the negatives.. which is usually a penalty of some sort, but alot are just down to zero. So.. no.. i dont think that will help. But.. like either there are other traits that either your character has, or the npc has, thats having an effect too.

Everdistant12

Aug 16, 2017
While this dude was making the game, I managed to get married, get a good job, lose a good job, get a job in another field. Get a second higher education, buy a house in another city, quit and become self-employed.

The dude who is still making a game in 2023

"Now you can buy a wedding dress if you are engaged to a woman."
Honestly, this dev is a genius. They managed to milk 'the lesbian update,' something that'd be a single patch for most games, for two years of patron checks cashing.

NomadFunbite

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2023
I love this game, I think it's really fun to play and it really make your imagination work since it's mostly text based. It is quite unique in my opinion.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I love this game, I think it's really fun to play and it really make your imagination work since it's mostly text based. It is quite unique in my opinion.
You sweet summer child, you're either fishing for a soliloquy of hatred from a hornet's nest after going through this thread or you honestly have no idea what you just said. The only things unique about this is the slightly different presentation from games in a similar vein and the gullibility of the dev's Patrons.

squiddysquidsquid

Sep 2, 2019
While this dude was making the game, I managed to get married, get a good job, lose a good job, get a job in another field. Get a second higher education, buy a house in another city, quit and become self-employed.
What fan patch are you running to move to another city in another house and be self-employed?

Oh.... Ohhhhhh.........

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
You sweet summer child, you're either fishing for a soliloquy of hatred from a hornet's nest after going through this thread or you honestly have no idea what you just said. The only things unique about this is the slightly different presentation from games in a similar vein and the gullibility of the dev's Patrons.
That's unfair. The core game really does stand alone in the space, and it's excellent. The development pace is absolute shit, but that doesn't take away from the good points, of which there are many.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
That's unfair. The core game really does stand alone in the space, and it's excellent. The development pace is absolute shit, but that doesn't take away from the good points, of which there are many.
In the macro part of it: Start day=>get dressed=>do activity=>chance for random thing to happen by the smallest percentage possible or go on date and have sex=>end day=>start day. If you want to get into the micro part of it: Start day(pick from pool of weekly choices)=>get dressed (use pre set outfits if you have them set up)=>do activity (pick your poison for the moment)=>chance for random thing to happen by the smallest percentage possible (sometimes by your traits) or go on date and have sex (choose how you want the date to go by a nearly randomized set of choices and choose whether or not to have sex/lose virginity)=>end day=>start day. So, what exactly was unfair of my previous statement? Like I said, slightly different presentation. If you want to try going down the route of customized NPC(s), it basically boils down to just making sure your dream one(s) show up when/where you want them to so you can do the same cycle.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
So, what exactly was unfair of my previous statement? Like I said, slightly different presentation. If you want to try going down the route of customized NPC(s), it basically boils down to just making sure your dream one(s) show up when/where you want them to so you can do the same cycle.
This game is one of the best on this site because of the quality of its content, the fact that it uses a simplified week cycle just makes that more impressive.

Your comment is unfair because it says that the only differences between this game and the other lifesims is the presentation. If you know of another game with a pregnancy system as well done, relationships with NPCs as elaborate and overall events as engaging as Newlife's, please do share.

FeniXLS

Jan 1, 2021
Do you know any similar games that aren't this one though?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: grazzy and Amnelis

International

Dec 9, 2019
I'm not still reading this thread and watching for updates because the game is BAD. It's a fun and hot game, the problem is that the development is fucking terrible, so it's basically the same game that I first downloaded years ago.

grazzy

Jul 4, 2018
The possibilities of this game are endless, which is part of the attraction. Sometimes clothing makes a person sexier for the same reason. It's the tease. And while people get sick of blue balls, I think a lot of the time we'll chase the nostalgia of when we first played it, and that's a lot of the frustration.

Prospektor

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone experienced with python coding tell me what kind of framework I'd need to use to make a game that looks and plays similar to this one or Lillith's throne or any of these text-based Java games on this site? Would kivy work?
You could start with Twine. It's open source and is fairly user friendly for beginners. Might be a bit limited for what you are asking for but it's a start.

Atomic Brain

Mar 8, 2020
Does anyone have the latest version of the custom NPC maker? Or is the 2.7 version still good useable for the current version of the game?

SAndD

Aug 21, 2016
Windows:
Linux:

Pulled these from the discord, but this is apparently a different version (1.29). Might just be by a different creator though. Also from February of last year so there's that. Not much has changed in terms of traits and stuff so it should be fine for what you want.

Reactions: Z3r0K00l
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes