Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Does anyone have the latest version of the custom NPC maker? Or is the 2.7 version still good useable for the current version of the game?
Windows: Mega
Linux: Mega

Pulled these from the discord, but this is apparently a different version (1.29). Might just be by a different creator though. Also from February of last year so there's that. Not much has changed in terms of traits and stuff so it should be fine for what you want.
While there haven't been a lot of changes from a story or user experience standpoint in the last year, there have been a number of changes to NPCs and save games, so I doubt a character creator from a year ago will work right. I haven't been active on the discord for quite a long time, but there used to be a user there with the handle Rigel who maintained an NPC creator, I'm pretty sure he had one more recently than a year ago, but I could be wrong on that. In any event, I really doubt the linked one from Feb 2022 will work.

At any rate, you don't need an NPC creator. Just use something like Notepad++ and create your own, the directions are included with the game and are fairly clear. If you have any questions, ask here and I'll try to help if I can.

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
There were three npc creators at one time. Two have been discontinued a long time ago. You can mostly still use the most recent one. Especially to setup the base file for the npc, then just tweak it with Notepad.

Anonymous329

Jan 19, 2020
This game has indeed a quite unique way of doing things. Depending on your traits, (partially) alcohol consumption and few other things, game texts alter or options will (dis-)appear. It allows the mind to wander and usually does not interfere with it. Why? Because it stays in a subtle path. There is never a "well, but MY character would NEVER do that!". And: The game is not pushing you to do things. Going the regular 52 weeks cycle, you can either just try to stay pure or follow the naughty path. But you are never tied to go a spiral of doom or have to start soft and simple before diving into the nastier things. That simply depends on your traits at game start. If you follow the text closely, you usually notice if your PC is (going to) doing something, she might regret later. That makes this game sort of unique.

The bad things have been discussed here over and over. So I will keep that short:
  • last 4 years development can be condensed to a 4 month regular work schedule because
  • the game is now a cash grab for the dev.
  • Oh, and 3rd party contributions are limited to custom scenes. While they can be quite extensive, they usually do nothing more than a build up to a base-game-handled sex scene and then end. So: There is no complete overhaul or core game change possible.
  • And of course: Patreons limitation to things. E.g. while it is - in the old core game - possible for shy, low self esteem characters to get drunk at the club and railroaded to get... erm... railed, you later always have the chance to avoid such things by saying "no" in the last second before the (old style built) "sex game" starts. No matter how unrealistic that might be.

For me, this game still has the thrill to run it once in a while. "Secret chaos" mode for the win. - But including an 100 weeks timespan. Otherwise quite a few things can be missed. But I finished patronizing the author quite a few years ago. Treating it like abandonware while being surprised once in a while is the better way to go.

Tomiko

Aug 3, 2017
next few updates are just lesbian version of the male content and as someone not intrested in the lesbian side of the game. i'll check back in a year or 2 for something new. so many people put out great ideas for the game in the discord, and yes i understand coding is hard. but its sad to see such fun ideas just be limited to just "PlayTest" and gather dust

soulsacrifice

May 27, 2017
I don't really think coding is that hard. He just coded himself into the corner. Should have had a better plan from the start.
We have some people working alone on a game with better coding while also doing the art themselves. Splendidostrich only writes a bit of text and codes a bit.

dalexe

Apr 10, 2020
Loving this game is an exercise in pure frustration. For anyone keeping track, it is, in fact, another fairly worthless update.

There's no May release yet, but as soon as it's posted I'll grab it for ya.
i think the 7.21 update has been released

Mallee

Aug 24, 2017
Thank you for the heads up! The new version + changelog are below:

Newlife 0.7.21

Hello everyone! Newlife 0.7.21 is here at last - sorry for the delay. This version lets you marry your same-sex partner.

Changelog:
Major changes & additions:
You can now marry another woman

Naked wedding is an option when shopping for a wedding dress in a lesbian relationship. This can be initiated by a PC with the sultry trait, or an NPC with the party-girl character type.

Minor changes:
Updated the scene where you meet the innocent sales colleague on a bus after she quits to properly handle the situation where you and her have become a couple. Thanks to A Clash of Purple for reporting this!

Increased the knowledge gain about your partner when getting married.

A few adjustments to the lesbian makeout scene to reflect wedding-night content, though doubtless there'll be more that can be done there.

Added variant text for the scene where you tell other partners that you're in a relationship to better handle low PC love. Thanks to bicobus for highlighting some issues with the Aromantic trait.

Added updated versions of the minievent bike and bike-left-behind scenes submitted by GrimGear.

Added a doormat alternative reaction for when a baby-crazy PC yells at her partner for not reacting well to being told she's pregnant.

Bugfixes:
Fixed some text issues. Thanks to nameless, AnarChYsT and Sync for reporting some of these.
Fixed an oversight where the PC would not always get a knowledge increase towards her husband when getting married.

AikoTaKAHASHI

Jan 22, 2023
Thank you for the heads up! The new version + changelog are below:

Newlife 0.7.21

Hello everyone! Newlife 0.7.21 is here at last - sorry for the delay. This version lets you marry your same-sex partner.

Changelog:
Major changes & additions:
You can now marry another woman

Naked wedding is an option when shopping for a wedding dress in a lesbian relationship. This can be initiated by a PC with the sultry trait, or an NPC with the party-girl character type.

Minor changes:
Updated the scene where you meet the innocent sales colleague on a bus after she quits to properly handle the situation where you and her have become a couple. Thanks to A Clash of Purple for reporting this!

Increased the knowledge gain about your partner when getting married.

A few adjustments to the lesbian makeout scene to reflect wedding-night content, though doubtless there'll be more that can be done there.

Added variant text for the scene where you tell other partners that you're in a relationship to better handle low PC love. Thanks to bicobus for highlighting some issues with the Aromantic trait.

Added updated versions of the minievent bike and bike-left-behind scenes submitted by GrimGear.

Added a doormat alternative reaction for when a baby-crazy PC yells at her partner for not reacting well to being told she's pregnant.

Bugfixes:
Fixed some text issues. Thanks to nameless, AnarChYsT and Sync for reporting some of these.
Fixed an oversight where the PC would not always get a knowledge increase towards her husband when getting married.
Thank you <3 :3

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mallee

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Newlife-SPLENDIDOSTRICH-0.7.21
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: lily103
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes