Rolay7

Jun 27, 2017
is there beasteality in this because it said to activate a scene you need to not have a horse boyfriend.

DagonKel

Jul 27, 2017
is there beasteality in this because it said to activate a scene you need to not have a horse boyfriend.
No there is no bestiality. Horse is a base npc. (as in every game has him) Horse is his name. As in hung like a...

pingp

Apr 14, 2017
Horse is a good man ok? He is OLNY ONE NPC can really protect you and kinds of you...

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
are you talking about

or about developers another game?
Yes, that's it (of course..)
Way more potential and content (and way less milking) than this shit.

Reila

Nov 13, 2017
Dislike the dev if you must - yes, progress is slow compared to the amount of financial support that he gets, but you know what? People are supporting the game because it's a good game. Hell, the only reason you are upset about the slow progress and perceived lack of content in the first place is because it's good and there's not more of it each month.

Claiming Newlife does not have content or potential is just blatantly false. Despite its current state, it has innovated and energized the genre, and several new games has emerged drawing inspiration from Newlife, including Female Agent which I also support.

I don't think newlife deserves all the financial backing it has, and I wish the dev would put more work into it. But I also believe it deserves to be successful, if nothing else than to inspire other creators to create similar games rather than dish out thousands of cheap Renpy/RPGmaker clones that will never leave the beta stage, each using the same premade 3d models and assets. If that's not milking, I don't know what is.

mawgash

Aug 1, 2017
As soon as Newlife allows threesomes and lesbian encounters, the monthly income will rise even more :)

Deleted member 237267

Oct 8, 2017
how would i create an npc? I created by opening the yml function via notepad and put it in the correct folder but cant find it
ok now how would i enter the traits as string values?

Desert Pone

Mar 9, 2018
how would i create an npc? I created by opening the yml function via notepad and put it in the correct folder but cant find it
ok now how would i enter the traits as string values?
if you "save" it rather then "save as" notepad might put a .txt ending on it

heres a NPC creator, its not perfect but it works for most NPCs

make sure to click the test NPC button after you start newlife, the creator doesen't always block putting in conflicting traits

if you have the 17b patron version (page 26, 11 posts down, its a mega link) there is a folder with guides on how to make NPCs

Tucker343

Dec 11, 2017
Kinda sad this game has a static end to it, I thought that I'd just be able to play one character until I was bored. Hopefully that changes in future updates.

Reactions: LittleJ

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Kinda sad this game has a static end to it, I thought that I'd just be able to play one character until I was bored. Hopefully that changes in future updates.
There is basically that if you set the number of weeks higher in the customization tab during the post transformation character creation. Of course the NPCs you encounter are basically static, except a few events that spawn new ones in.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
Patreon version can be edited to be infinite.

Deleted member 237267

Oct 8, 2017
if you "save" it rather then "save as" notepad might put a .txt ending on it

heres a NPC creator, its not perfect but it works for most NPCs

make sure to click the test NPC button after you start newlife, the creator doesen't always block putting in conflicting traits

if you have the 17b patron version (page 26, 11 posts down, its a mega link) there is a folder with guides on how to make NPCs
Kinda messed around with the file location and all but was able to make it work

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Hell, the only reason you are upset about the slow progress [is because] there's not more of it each month.
Yes, exactly. I'm upset because 2 and a half years ago when the author was making $200 a month he added more in each update (which wasn't always even a full month between, often just 3-4 weeks) than he has in the last 6 now that he's pulling more with each paycheck than many professional programmers. The entire pregnancy system took like 2 months; the marriage system has taken over a year. It's absolutely appalling that his effort has decreased in almost perfect inverse proportion to his funding.

But I also believe it deserves to be successful, if nothing else than to inspire other creators to create similar games
It deserves no such thing.

What it does deserve is to lose its fans and funds to the projects that it has already inspired: projects whose authors actually see their games as art, not just a ticket to early retirement. Whose authors who work out of passion, out of a desire to create the best game they can, the game they would want to play... not just because they need to push something out to keep their backers from bailing.

Let those games be the example for future creators.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes