kymico

Nov 29, 2016
New scene is one of my RL favorites but man, his updates are painfully long... for text. No reason not to be able to have an update once a month, add a feature, fix a few bugs, couple of text edits... boom.

Quacker

The Quacker
Respected User
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
New scene is one of my RL favorites but man, his updates are painfully long... for text. No reason not to be able to have an update once a month, add a feature, fix a few bugs, couple of text edits... boom.
I know mate he promised his patrons originally 3 updates a month than 2 now there lucky to even get onr

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
I wish more people who make games like this, Girl Simulator, really interactive sex scenes, random events.... this guy is simply a milker and it kills me.

Reactions: Kaparzo

Quacker

The Quacker
Respected User
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
I wish more people who make games like this, Girl Simulator, really interactive sex scenes, random events.... this guy is simply a milker and it kills me.
Oh i know why else would i keep sharing it

Cobalt

Mar 14, 2017
Oh i know why else would i keep sharing it
I supported this guy early on, but the teeny-tiny infrequent updates from a "developer" that receives 5k a month really aggravated me.
I love the concept, but come oooon version 0.4.8 after 2+ years at 5k a month - to me he is the personification of an utterly shameless milker and it baffles me that ppl continue to support the project...

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is one of the dev's that pisses me off the most. I could literally do what he does in a month, in an hour. And I have extremely basic knowledge of java compared to him. It's pathetic. No visuals, just plain text... *sigh*

ann

Aug 8, 2016
I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is one of the dev's that pisses me off the most. I could literally do what he does in a month, in an hour. And I have extremely basic knowledge of java compared to him. It's pathetic. No visuals, just plain text... *sigh*
Well no... You wouldn't do it in an hour. Nor in a day. In a week, now that I can see happening. He is doing it too slow, I completely agree, but it's silly to say that anybody could do in an hour what he does in a month. Scenes in Newlife aren't just couple of blocks of text that you show after clicking enter. They are dynamic, taking account of player character's stats, NPC stats, the choices the player takes etc. Building and testing these kinds of things takes time, time and time, even for a scene that looks pretty simple for the player. Development has also all kinds of other things that take surprisingly long amounts of times. For example, trying to repeat a rare bug that someone has spotted can take hours, even before you can actually start trying to fix it and test the fix. Fuck, even just uploading a new version and writing a Patreon post for it can easily take an hour of your time, because anything you do ends up public and can therefore annoy people if you do it wrong.

Now I know you didn't literally mean an hour when you said it. I just get a little irritated when people don't understand or appreciate how many hours it actually takes to deliver even simple looking stuff.

Reactions: Kaparzo

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Well no... You wouldn't do it in an hour. Nor in a day. In a week, now that I can see happening. He is doing it too slow, I completely agree, but it's silly to say that anybody could do in an hour what he does in a month. Scenes in Newlife aren't just couple of blocks of text that you show after clicking enter. They are dynamic, taking account of player character's stats, NPC stats, the choices the player takes etc. Building and testing these kinds of things takes time, time and time, even for a scene that looks pretty simple for the player. Development has also all kinds of other things that take surprisingly long amounts of times. For example, trying to repeat a rare bug that someone has spotted can take hours, even before you can actually start trying to fix it and test the fix. Fuck, even just uploading a new version and writing a Patreon post for it can easily take an hour of your time, because anything you do ends up public and can therefore annoy people if you do it wrong.

Now I know you didn't literally mean an hour when you said it. I just get a little irritated when people don't understand or appreciate how many hours it actually takes to deliver even simple looking stuff.
Not true, but whatever. The dynamic part is extremely easy to build after you have worked with similar things, building isn't a problem at all and testing is quite easy since all you have to do is change the random variables to higher values. And yes I did mean an hour, I've done far more complex games than these in java that even included variables, random world generators, random buildings, random maps, etc and I know how much time it takes. Except what I did was the minimum to pass, what he does which is far more easier is the minimum for 4k$.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
This guy is obviously a milker but the phrase that comes to mind when reading a reply like that is "talk is cheap".

Quacker

The Quacker
Respected User
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
This guy is obviously a milker but the phrase that comes to mind when reading a reply like that is "talk is cheap".
Obviously weve all said its why inshate it every release... his gotta learn not to screw with his supporters... p.s i shared the last but havent actually played it

Kaparzo

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
Obviously weve all said its why inshate it every release... his gotta learn not to screw with his supporters... p.s i shared the last but havent actually played it
Thanks for sharing. While I have spent many hours playing this game at the earlier stages, the last few updates were so meager that I too did not play the game. I'll wait for more content before I start a new life (pun unintended) in this game.

TheBat89

Apr 6, 2017
He posts on fenoxo's forums . Be prepared for posts about how stuff is too hard to implement (i.e. group sex) and how yucky he finds anal sex and thus avoids it as much as possible.

3.50 star(s) 34 Votes