• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Damn... I remember promising to download and review this game, back in... I can't remember when. It was still when it was hot as fuck outside, and now I'm wearing two pail shirts.
I'm a horrible person :'(

Reactions: ShamanLab

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Hi! I changed game numeration from episodes numbers to the version numbers because my episodes were always not too big. But the basic rules of updates remain the same, a new update is a small new episode.

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Are the scenes animated?
Sorry, nope. Novel feels mostly like comics or frames from movie.

idk if try this or not...harem tag looks good but...overview make me think that MC will not be alone who is fucking his girls...
Nick didn't into serious relationship yet. :) He just fucking some girls from time to time... :) They come and go and this is part of his investigation. :)

If you aware about 'Golden Cuckold Club' episode title, so, cuckold is client who come to Nick for getting more info about this club.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: kokos94

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
Sorry, nope. Novel feels mostly like comics or frames from movie.

Nick didn't into serious relationship yet. :) He just fucking some girls from time to time... :) They come and go and this is part of his investigation. :)

If you aware about 'Golden Cuckold Club' episode title, so, cuckold is client who come to Nick for getting more info about this club.
i am curiouse more about something like that, private detective asked to investigate wife than he found that she is cheating and she will start fucking him atc... but will wait probably what will that become making harem from sluts like that not attrack me much

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
i am curiouse more about something like that, private detective asked to investigate wife than he found that she is cheating and she will start fucking him atc... but will wait probably what will that become making harem wrom sluts like that not attrack me much
This is very close to what happens in the first Episode. :)
But stories relatively short... It's not a big soap opera.

upd. Novel didn't focusing on building relationship nor it's fucosing on special tags or niches like NTR etc. It's mostly about unusual sex situation and comedy, and oddbal characters.

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
This is very close to what happens in the first Episode. :)
But stories relatively short... It's not a big soap opera.

upd. Novel didn't focusing on building relationship nor it's fucosing on special tags or niches like NTR etc. It's mostly about unusual sex situation and comedy, and oddbal characters.
i tought so than game end for me by first episode :D...never mind not every game is for me....gl with this

edited: probably should put down harem/romance tag than to not mistificate players....it is just fuckfest

Last edited:

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
i tought so than game end for me by first episode :D...never mind not every game is for me....gl with this

edited: probably should put down harem/romance tag than to not mistificate players....it is just fuckfest
Hmm... not so simple.
This 'Golden Club' ivestigation didn't over yet and 'Hudsucker Industries' case too. It's not even in the middle... It's not like all game you having chars who pop up from nowhere, fuck and disappear.

I just telling my story in complicated way with lots of sidestories.

By the way this all so far from original Philip Marlowe and so weird, it's much easy to look on it then reading explanations. There is no walls of text, it's like comics.

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
Hmm... not so simple.
This 'Golden Club' ivestigation didn't over yet and 'Hudsucker Industries' case too. It's not even in the middle... It's not like all game you having chars who pop up from nowhere, fuck and disappear.

I just telling my story in complicated way with lots of sidestories.
ok dont mind than when others will complain later :)

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Nick Marlote Noir [v0.52f] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 392mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
OK, I played the game and I can offer some feedback.
First of all, I quite liked the experience. It was short, well done, silly and smooth.
Not particularly funny, I'm afraid: I hoped for more humour, but I think everyone has their tastes in that kind of stuff, so no big deal.
In its current state, I'd rate it 3,5 stars, but It could easily aim for 4.

I personally do not like HS renders in general, so I won't comment on that, as it's a personal preference and I wouldn't be objective.
My main gripe is with the omnipresent, neverending "..."s :mad:
Personally, my feeling is that trick is way overdone, and you really should consider either adding some text/dialogue in your "action" scenes, or shortening them.
And just hide the chatbox if nobody is going to talk.

So far, the first episode is just left there, hanging. I suppose you want to bring back those characters in a way that links the two investigations together and shows that they are connected, honouring an ancient tradition in the detective mystery genre, but so far it just drops out of the narration falling nowhere.
I think you should have that thread pop up every now and then: like showing Nick investigating the club at the start of an episode before turning his attention to the main topic (a bit like a Bond Cold Open), or him receiving a brief call from Bill asking how the investigations go, or having the black bull loom from a corner... that kind of cheap trick.

Technically, nothing to report. There's not much that can go wrong with a linear RenPy kinetic novel.
I'd like it if you considered differentiating speaker names by colour.
I'm pretty sure that some of the times where Nick speaks in the first episode are actually Bill's lines. Also, there's an instance (during the sex scene with the fat receptionist) where I couldn't tell whether the one speaking was Nick as narrator or Nick as character.
The hardboiled language is there, even if without the "Private eye monologue" that one would expect from a game with the name Marlowe in it. There are a few lines that sound weird to me, but I'm not a native speaker, either, so it could be me.
You know a detective is a true badass when his cat is more badass than him.

I hope the sex is intentionally built to be as unerotic as possible, to emphasize the moral degeneration of the setting, because this could be the least arousing game I ever played since Call of Duty 2.
I'm not one of those players that need animations so that one isn't the problem, but the style of camera shots taken from different angles is too drawn out. The idea is workable, I think it just needs to be quicker and more varied, with more different poses. For example, the shotgun scene: once you see the whole barrel, there's no need to further zoom in.

The episode "videodrome" is way too short and incomplete and IMHO it can't stand on its own legs. Nice trick with the pixel noise, tho.

I agree that the harem tag (that has gone from the Genre section in OP but it's still in the thread description, I don't know if that's under the power of the dev to modify) should be removed, as there's nothing of the sort to be found in the game.
So far Nick has sex with, let me count... the grand total of 2 chicks (BJ from Vicky in the first episode and the fat receptionist), so I wouldn't call it a fuckfest, either.
Noting much in the Romance department so far, maybe Nick will develop a relationship with Jessie in future, but tags should reflect current content.

And... you can't have a hardboiled Private Eye called Marlowe and not have him learn important plot points by hiding in a room and overhearing the villain talk! This is abhorrent to me! :eek:

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
The Rogue Trader thanks for such a big review!

It is difficult to answer all the remarks of such a large review.

But I can answer it right away:

The episode "videodrome" is way too short and incomplete and IMHO it can't stand on its own legs. Nice trick with the pixel noise, tho.
It's not really a standalone episode when viewed in relation to my older games. The Сat does have a history with Hudsucker Industries (in The Agent Who Barely Knows Anything). In this episode, I just wanted to remind you of that and connect it with Nick Marlowe.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
I sure hope that that clown is it a girl? don't have a sexual scene unless it's avoidable if I play it I prefer not to have sexual relations with bozo the girl the one with the clown mouth and nose not attractive but the living dead girl not bad.

• Thinking Face

BrandyYT

Modder
Nov 28, 2020
Unofficial Android Port :

Nick Marlowe Noir [v0.37f] [ShamanLab]

Download Apk: , ,

Android Ports Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves Location : Brandy0011/brandy.nick.marlowe.noir/game/saves

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Last edited:

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I sure hope that that clown is it a girl? don't have a sexual scene unless it's avoidable if I play it I prefer not to have sexual relations with bozo the girl the one with the clown mouth and nose not attractive but the living dead girl not bad.
Not sure did i completely understand what is all about, but you can skip any episode which you didn't like. There is episode selector at the beginning. :)

And Nick didn't fuck all people wich are presented on screenshots, thats for sure. :)

upd. Oh, damn... i remember there is sexual scene between Nick and nurse Silent Hill style (currently only for patreons). You probably appreciate this. :)

Last edited:

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
Not sure did i completely understand what is all about, but you can skip any episode which you didn't like. There is episode selector at the beginning. :)

And Nick didn't fuck all people wich are presented on screenshots, thats for sure. :)
Thank god because yes I like clowns but that clown girl looks too goofy to have any fun with.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
IIRC the clowns just force a random NPC woman with a Sybian in a diner. It's an out-of-POV scene in the last episode before Nick decides to go dining in that diner (it ends with a cliffhanger).

May 31, 2020
This one has all the tags for my wet dream... I mean Paranormal, adventure, romance, Big ass, humour and top all that with Graphic violence...i immediately got hard after seeing those tags .... Then come Kinetic Novel.... almost felt like a winter snowing night.... :WutFace: :cry::cry:

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
This one has all the tags for my wet dream... I mean Paranormal, adventure, romance, Big ass, humour and top all that with Graphic violence...i immediately got hard after seeing those tags .... Then come Kinetic Novel.... almost felt like a winter snowing night.... :WutFace: :cry::cry:
edt. To be more specific it's feel more like the set of episodes for the show then traditional lineal kinetic novel.

Hmm... i have a bad news and good news. :)

Bad news -- i'm not very good at gameplay inventing, so almost all my games are VN or very simple adventure (almost valking sim).

The good news -- all my games having some tags which you like: paranormal, comedy, adventures, big ass, violence, and 'bizzare vibe'. :)

If you like something with simple gameplay take a look on my oddball project "The Agent Who Barely Knows Anything". (don't let RPGM tag misguide you, there is no turn based battles or traditional fantasy).

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes