4.50 star(s) 14 Votes

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
Have you double checked to make sure your save files are "File" type and not ".txt" or something else? I fiddled around and was able to replicate what you described by opening the saves with Notepad, OpenOffice, Rich Text Document, etc. and every time the file was saved as anything other than "File" the issues described would occur.

My advice would be, should you open the save files for any reason, to copy the original file and then use "save as" on the one you've opened and making especially sure it's saved as "File" and not ".txt" or anything else.

No clue why someone would open a save file though... none at all. ;)
The file extension shouldn't impact the ability to read in save files. The issue you are probably encountering is that a lot of text editing programs will replace the standard \n line endings with Windows style \r\n line endings, which will cause problems when trying to load the file.

If you want to edit the save files, something like Notepad++ is the safest bet.

otmar

May 9, 2017
In battle the button "demand", next/right to the potion tap. Has [0] has nummber. Its grey with a red edge

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
Ah ok. That's the sorting group for Command Skills. They become available if your opponent is Enthralled. You have a 20% chance to Enthrall opponents with Whisper (32 Seduction) if you have at least 6 Dark. You have a 100% chance of Enthralling with a Dark Talisman, a rare item that appears in Item Caches.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
This seems like a fun game, possibly one to support, but I'm dealing with a game-breaking bug - the buttons randomly go non-responsive (including their keybinds), leaving only the top menu bar (New, Load, Options, etc.) available. I've yet to get through the first night without needing to Quit Match, despite having changed settings around (turning on easy mode, turning on short matches, skipping or watching the tutorial, etc.)

Just something to be aware of, in case others are experiencing it too.
I just got a similar bug report and I'm trying to see if it's related. Can you check and let me know how many buttons you have on each row? I recently added a UI change to display fewer buttons on smaller displays, but I didn't have a lot of time to test that configuration.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
I don't think the uploaders on this site have updated the game to the latest version public or otherwise. so don't know if the bugs being mentioned are from the current version or the previous version ergo why version numbers kind of useful. XD

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
I don't think the uploaders on this site have updated the game to the latest version public or otherwise. so don't know if the bugs being mentioned are from the current version or the previous version ergo why version numbers kind of useful. XD
The download links are VNOb1. That's the latest public version.
Though depending on when I finish testing, VNOb2 might be out tonight.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
The download links are VNOb1. That's the latest public version.
Though depending on when I finish testing, VNOb2 might be out tonight.
K thanks for correcting me, didn't think it had changed since I just glanced at the Changes spoiler and that wasn't updated.

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
I just got a similar bug report and I'm trying to see if it's related. Can you check and let me know how many buttons you have on each row? I recently added a UI change to display fewer buttons on smaller displays, but I didn't have a lot of time to test that configuration.
I just played quick, took about five minutes to generate a lockup. Thirteen total buttons: four on the first and second rows, five on the third. It doesn't happen every time there's thirteen buttons, though; I reached that count quite a few times.

If relevant, it was 6 Pleasure / 4 Pain / 3 Misc by category.

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Man, this game is so fantastic, I've played more of this game in the last week or so then I have some AAA games I bought off steam. I need to go support on patreon.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
Sorry, I thought this was a remake based off of the previous Night Games that you made, since the UI was...quite a bit clunkier back then.
Same game, same basic code base. I've just been adding stuff and polishing it over the years.

Alastaire

Apr 17, 2017
I am having the same issue with the bottom rows of "Action" buttons going unresponsive after a random amount of time, Love the game though I haven't been able to play it more than 5 minutes or so. Very Frustrating.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
I am having the same issue with the bottom rows of "Action" buttons going unresponsive after a random amount of time, Love the game though I haven't been able to play it more than 5 minutes or so. Very Frustrating.
Did you download the newest bugfix from a few posts up? If you're having the same issue as Fitzgerald, that should fix it.

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes