PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Saw someone do a playthrough of this years ago on YouTube, but it wasn't very long, so I didn't bother looking into it, but I guess it was just a demo back then. Nice that it's still being worked on, but weird that it's only v0.38. However, finding a fun looking Metroidvania is rare, and apparently there's an uncensor patch? Sign me up!

I also had a problem with getting stuck in the menus. However I found out that most of the times it works if you first interact with anyting selectable in the menu, often by using the mouse, and then press space until you exit. After using that method I only got stuck once.

In four steps:
1. Extract to the game folder [image A}
2. Run SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator.exe
3. Run NightofRevenge (Patch and Run).exe
4. Start the game once, to set up the AutoTranslator folder tree
5. Extract _AutoGeneratedTranslations.zip to ...\NightofRevenge_ver0.37\AutoTranslator\Translation\en\Text\ [image B]
Note. The ENG. TRANSLATION from post #1 contains a better translation than the text file from the WIP thread.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have you tried to run the patch with admin rights to give it permission to create folders?
Not sure why your post isn't getting much attention, it was a huge help for me. Now I can understand what the hell is going on with the status screen.

Reactions: Thatstuff

Doragor

Sep 9, 2018
0.38 added new h event in the underground parish rodenia area, just go down and will you find 2 larger sinners that should trigger the event.
kill both and the follow up event starts and you can either option 1 (win the fight) or 2 (lose the fight and the h event plays).
Both choices continue the plot so no game over here, but option 2 has unique dialogue for escaping (after event ends).

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
how do i leave the menu? theres a "BACK" button?
The mouse likes to fuck up the menu, so use the keyboard a much as possible. If you do get it stuck, try alt tabbing out of the game and then back in. That's fixed it for me in the previous version.

MsKris28

Aug 8, 2019
this game is in great need of a level map. you can run in circles on one level, in the vain hope of finding a way out or a boss. the second day I play level 11, but I didn't find anything.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a long while.

How many female enemies are there?
3 basics enemies, 2 with sex animations and 1 boss. One of them is a knocked down and controlled by a pink flesh mass thing so that one might not count depending on your opinion. All the animations are only triggered when the player in knocked down.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
It isn't a hyper-detailed map, but my post here can give you a basic idea of how the different areas are connected.
It works fine. I really wanted to make my own detailed map, but the ingame map doesn't even work, and there's no way t zoom out or remove your character from screenshots, without doing far more work than I really want to do. Especially considering the size of the levels, and how I would have to probably string together hundreds of half-screenshots, stitching them together and shrinking them down ~_~;

Having now finished the game, my biggest problem is the combat system in general. The delays at the end of your attacks is ridiculous, even for a Soul-Like. Sometimes you can cancel the delay with a dash, but that doesn't always work.

However, my biggest complain, is that the game lies about the attack animations. For most of the weapons, they are labeled as "Cut-Cut-Cut", which should correspond to pressing "Attack-Attack-Attack", but it doesn't actually work that way. For 3 Cuts, you actually have to press the Attack button 4 times, except that the animations themselves are slow to initiate and can't be interrupted, so you actually end up pressing Attack about 10 times just to attack 3 times.

Also, the weapons themselves are mostly lame. I haven't tried a Magick Build yet, but for the most part, the standard weapons are poorly stat'ed. Like, as far as I can tell, the Bone Sword is the best weapon in the game, and it's the first one you find. All the other weapons are either so massive that you can only swing it once in the time that it takes to swing any other weapon 10 times, or the damage is so abysmal that they are not worth using.

Like, Dexterity weapons in general are complete garbage. They have a faster "Attack Speed Grade", but that only translates to like maybe 1 frame faster attacks, but they also do about ~40 less damage. So, even if you dump all points into Dexterity, due to poor scaling (not sure why it was decided that almost every weapon has a maximum stat scaling of about 1.2, even upgraded).

Some of the weapons also have elements, but that doesn't seem to do anything extra, with the exception of the corpse pile in the later woodland stage, which can only be killed by Holy Element attacks (which was a really great placement for the Church Longsword, a weapon I desperately wanted to be better than it was). Like, you can set your weapon on fire with the paper items, but every time I attempted it, I ended up doing like 25% less damage.

The platforming is a bit wonky too, especially when you try to grab a ledge. There's a Save Point at the top of the second area, which even though you can clearly grab the edge to, you cannot pull yourself up on it. Kind of frustrating. There's also a couple of shortcuts missing from the game.

I'm glad that the game is far longer than I expected it would be, especially considering it's only labeled v0.38, but I hope from here on, they fix existing content, rather than just shovel more in. The game is an obvious ode to , epecially with its art style and general gameplay (there are even a few enemy sprites almost literally taken from the game), so I hope the developer really polishes this to perfection.

4.50 star(s) 78 Votes