Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017

View attachment 1872538

Which means: RAGS is old, and No Haven is doing things it wasn't designed for. Ergo, it's running full of fuck. And not the good kind.
I understand how it works (software developer for 10+ years), the reason why I referenced the amount of memory available is to point out that there are plenty of block available (Rags save file is less than 100 mb).

The RAGS interface is great and all but why is this the engine of choice?
No Haven is based on Whorelock's Revenge, which used RAGS correctly. Since the dev was familiar with the game engine, he created No Haven in it. After about a year he realized how bad of an idea it was, but refused to change it (why lose a year worth of progress, especially since you have Patrons you don't want to lose). He says he is working on a Twine version... but after 3 years, I haven't seen an actual version of it (I watch a few of the streams he did early but nothing in the last 2 years). I have a policy that if someone hasn't produced a product in 6 months, it doesn't actually exist.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
The RAGS interface is great and all but why is this the engine of choice?
Whorelock's Revenge and by extention No Haven(2015) was started before Ren'Py was popular, before Twine was really a thing, and there were no good alternatives. So when faced with a bunch of bad choices Bedlam picked the one they were most comfortable with.

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
I think he technically has, just it isn't worth as much salt as he says it does, tho to be fair like 90% of the patrons would prolly be very unhappy if he hiastused for a few months for it, and since iirc No Haven development is essentially his job, that would be lost income. It's very much one of those big gambles that even if he makes a better game, it may not actually be monetarily worth it.
With the way it's going, I'm hoping that once the foundations are finally made he can start actually making the content, as once the foundations are there everything else will come fairly quickly. Especially compared to the nightmare that making this n RAGS is.

Reactions: Jaxter

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
new links

Sorry it took so long. Uploaded to the OP.

And since it has been so long, update. Not the actual update, but an update on the update.
As in it should be done within' the we-... by the end of next week (wiggle room). I'm still not satisfied with player slavery, but it's significnatly more functional than it was before. There's still more I want to finish with it, but if I don't get that done, I'll release the part that is.
Rebuilding the crafting menu is taking it's sweet time, but it should also be done before then. It's requiring minimal effort, as I've known what I've wanted to do for a long time, and I'd already worked it all out in my head. I was just being lazy.

Also, unless Bedlam's next release seriously fucks with slavery, any update of his won't affect that schedule. The only thing that should is how much time I spend screwing the pooch.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
I prefer the nightly rape to the nightly mind-control. Is there a way to keep it from progressing that way? I want the Leader to remember events, not be MC'd into a different person.
Should be; I'll have to look into it but if it's the series of events I think it is, I should be put in a switch to prevent the event from occuring.
Same rule as always though; no promises. If I can get it to work easily, then it's done. If I can't, I'll try and find an easy way, but it gets behind everything that's been requested that I'm still working away at.

Update is coming. Ran into an issue with this last night where the isolated version no longer wanted to add events to the player slavery options, but the integrated version was working fine.
I was only using integrated version for a point check, but it might be the version you guys get if I can't figure out what I buggered.

To clarify, I'm starting the upload for that version right now, and will post it when it's finished. I'm just going to try and fix what I wrecked and hope I fix it before the other version goes live.

(And because I'm notoriously unclear):
Isolated= What this whole revamp was for; detaching player slavery from npc slaver slavery entirely.
Integrated= the opposite. I fully built player slavery into the standard slaver slavery mechanics to more thoroughly track events. It's clean, it's beautiful, and it takes like ten times as long to do than everything else in the mod combined. So extremely impractical. Which is also antagonistic to the point of the revamp.
Editted

The previous version was pretty much a blend of both, but buggy, as is known.

Last edited:

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Update is up. Enjoy, but not too much. I'm gonna try and have the proper version up as soon as I fix it.

EDIT: Proper version is up. Found the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxter
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes