Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A.sapien

Nov 9, 2017
Ah damn. Any chance of a bug fix release from Frank? or am i in the minority that thought the last release was one of the particularly problem prone ones?

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Ah damn. Any chance of a bug fix release from Frank? or am i in the minority that thought the last release was one of the particularly problem prone ones?
Working on it. Might just suck it up and release it with the fixes it has, and keep working on the ones that are bothering me.
Any base game bugs you want me to properly hunt down, probably a good time to let me know. I don't spend a lot of time looking for them, so they don't get fixed if I don't stumble upon 'em.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
are there any prereqs for giving your MC inquisitor with corruption?
Shouldn't be any... Normally. It usually does requires things to fire, yes, but part of the mod is removing those prereqs, as the mod forces it to fire, but causes it to fail if they're in place. In the base game, the event has to loop a minimum number of times + I'm fairly certain inquisitor requires you to have 3 magic traits.
Right now the new things added by bedlam and my own terrible underststanding mean that there's probably other terrible things at work keeping it from firing properly.

I should have a version with that fixed out this weekend. Last wekend was a bit of a shitshow.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Update:
Assignments:
Keldan Alley fixed; it was looping the endcall rather than firing it properly.
Corner of your very own didn't have a finish flag. Bedlam must've update it and didn't complete.

Corruption:
Found a fix for the missfire issues.
Artful Whore, psion, and inquisitor all working.
Bottom Slaver(Slaver 7 at the start), always fails to recieve aspects. Still working that one out, as after she fails to recieve an aspect, two random others will.

Player Slavery:
Still working on a few of the reported bugs, but the lesbian training bugs should be fixed.

Update will release tonight(monday, to clarify, tonight is monday night). I want to try and find out why Corruption is doing what it's doing, but if I can't that becomes next updates problem.

Aetheron

Aug 5, 2017
Frank N. Stein
If it helps with the corrupting bug hunting, I found that selecting the demonic futanari option consistently yielded text indicating the ritual worked, but then had no result text and no actual changes fired. But, when I accidentally clicked the 'grow' option one above it, it then fired both grow and demonic futanari.
I don't know the code so I'm not sure if that means there's a reference/pointer that's off by 1 somewhere, if it's teeing up the change and then failing to execute it, or if something else entirely is happening, but if it's the former then that bug could easily have been copy pasted elsewhere and be related to the other shenanigans.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Frank N. Stein
If it helps with the corrupting bug hunting, I found that selecting the demonic futanari option consistently yielded text indicating the ritual worked, but then had no result text and no actual changes fired. But, when I accidentally clicked the 'grow' option one above it, it then fired both grow and demonic futanari.
I don't know the code so I'm not sure if that means there's a reference/pointer that's off by 1 somewhere, if it's teeing up the change and then failing to execute it, or if something else entirely is happening, but if it's the former then that bug could easily have been copy pasted elsewhere and be related to the other shenanigans.
Actually, funny enough, that's working as intended.
If you hit all the prereqs, Demonic Futa will trigger when Grow is cast. Especially now that the mod uses the proper variables instead of easier to control variables. Outside of the assignment where Demonic Futa happens, that's also the only legit way to trigger the event without the mod active.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
Soon™
Just running through everything I fixed one last time to make sure it stayed fixed and then I'm uploading.

EDIT: Broke keldan alley.
Doing this sounds like setting up the most infuriating domino chain in the world. When you knock something over, shit on the other side of the room starts falling, too.

Reactions: Jaxter

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
...isn't that basically just coding, full stop?
rags mean is multiplied by 100.
and no haven is basicaly a brutalization of what rags does and how its works. so it's a exponentiation of that for another 100.

mostly because bedlam never learn the basic on coding etiquette. they exist for one reason, and no haven it's a prime example of that.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Doing this sounds like setting up the most infuriating domino chain in the world. When you knock something over, shit on the other side of the room starts falling, too.
It gets more fun. I can set them back up exactly the way I had them and not achieve the same successful result I had before.

...isn't that basically just coding, full stop?
rags mean is multiplied by 100.
and no haven is basicaly a brutalization of what rags does and how its works. so it's a exponentiation of that for another 100.

mostly because bedlam never learn the basic on coding etiquette. they exist for one reason, and no haven it's a prime example of that.
I appreciate that there are people like you that understand that. It makes me feel less shitty whenever I say things like "update tonight" and suddenly run into (or create) a gamebreaker and go "well, fuck, that's not happening".

I'm terrible for following through on the etiquette myself, but I also keep my code simple. I'm conscious of the idea that you shouldn't need a personalized dictionary to dig through what I've done just to fix it or tell me I suck.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I appreciate that there are people like you that understand that. It makes me feel less shitty whenever I say things like "update tonight" and suddenly run into (or create) a gamebreaker and go "well, fuck, that's not happening".

I'm terrible for following through on the etiquette myself, but I also keep my code simple. I'm conscious of the idea that you shouldn't need a personalized dictionary to dig through what I've done just to fix it or tell me I suck.
you are building over a monstrosity and try to make it decent.
it's commendable but will never be 'nice'. so, no problem here. just the fact this mod exist is enough.

and we all hope no haven explode rags boundaries soon to force bedlam to push for the twine conversion.

A.sapien

Nov 9, 2017
Your doin great! To be fair I suspect a lot of it really does have to do with making rags do something it wasnt designed for. A lot code out there is less than ideal. I knew a guy who worked for a big company, as a deadline was approaching he was struggling to make a calculation in a piece of software work so he stayed late and in the middle of the night had some brainstorm that got it to come out right. So he emailed it to the actual team in charge of coding the the software (who would usually rewrite the crap he threw together). They all showed up at his office the next to ask him how the script he wrote worked....no one (including my acquaintance) could figure it out.... but it consistently worked.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
lol there are absolutely no circumstances that you should feel shitty here. You're doing this entirely for fun, and we benefit from your efforts. You aren't running a patreon, which creates the mutually agreed upon expectation of regular progress. You're undertaking a passion project unrewarded.

Now, in some cases, creating an expectation of a specific deadline even in a passion project and then failing to meet it could be taken as falsely getting people's hopes up, but anyone who has read more than 2 pages of this thread should know the score entirely. This project is an absolute clusterfuck, we all know it, and that's OK, because it's fun anyway.

If you're finding yourself suffering psychologically from failing to meet your own deadlines, maybe make a note in the opening post stating that:

Trying to fix this game is akin to untangling a Gordian Knot without a sword, and sometimes solutions are much farther than they first appear.

Seriously, it's cool. You're doing something for all of us, and none of us want to be causing you stress, even indirectly.

A.sapien

Nov 9, 2017
Any news on the new clusterfuck? I may not be ambitious (or capable enough) to dig through the mess myself, but reading about your tribulations is well... kinda entertaining. I just like hearing about the status, i swear I'm not laughing at your pain. :)

Reactions: Jaxter

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Any news on the new clusterfuck? I may not be ambitious (or capable enough) to dig through the mess myself, but reading about your tribulations is well... kinda entertaining. I just like hearing about the status, i swear I'm not laughing at your pain. :)
No no.. I fully understand. My girlfriend routinely spends entire weekends in a bitchsuit. I get the pleasure that comes with watching another struggle.

The clusterfuck is an ongoing thing. I've reset the mod to exactly what it was when I had Keldan Alley working. I've read through the code, every line says "ya my dude, there are no bugs". But when I fire the assignment, instead of "keldan alley - Enslavement - (seven days)" popping up beside the assignment flag, nothing.
There's no logical reason for why it doesn't fire but the other two events do. It's witchcraft at this point.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes