Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Numbnutts

Aug 7, 2018
Firefox, Chrome, and even Edge on occasion. Edge was where it kept crashing, but even on the others I still have trouble watching videos unless I use fullscreen on them (at normal size they lose quality and buffer like crazy). Aside from that the browser doesn't really matter, I still have to fullscreen the browser and/or use the "Shrink UI" option in Regalia to see all of the options. I don't recall changing anything on my computer other than my resolution, but even changing it to smaller resolutions doesn't seem to change anything.
did you maybe touch the ui scaling? it doesn't always play nice with others
if not maybe consider doing a fresh install of windows. i know it's a pain in the ass but from an idiot that spent many, many hours over several days to find the problem and fix the system, it's faster to just do a fresh install and it usually fixes any problem(rare exceptions) unless it's hardware (and at least then you know)

Tebix

Sep 3, 2017
in the Regalia version what is the difference between the normal version and tweaked version?

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
in the Regalia version what is the difference between the normal version and tweaked version?
The weaked variant deals with the gold cap completion requirements, IE:10000 to win, although this feature is not redundant as Frank added that into loaded dice itself. Now the only real difference is that it's dark mode.

Oct 13, 2017
The weaked variant deals with the gold cap completion requirements, IE:10000 to win, although this feature is not redundant as Frank added that into loaded dice itself. Now the only real difference is that it's dark mode.
Edited does that, tweaked is UI edit, most notably words dark mode and location of dice.

Tebix

Sep 3, 2017
what to do against the local storage quota exceeded?
Regalia works a lot better from me instead of the broken and discontinued RAGS. The only problem is that modern Browser allow only a tiny amount to be saved, in Twine you can download and load from the Harddrive.

Edit 1: Ok found the option to save to my harddrive/Load from it.

Edit 2: Ok that doesn't work unlike Twine that feature doesn't allow to function as a workaround because it only allows the export/import of saves in the local storage, and because the files are to big you can't save the game because it exceeds the local storage limit of the browser
Another problem I have is that slaver get stuck on corrupted missions, is there a way to fix the bug?

Last edited:

Gluttonous

Feb 18, 2018
Has anyone seen the game's author's recent live stream, please? I was hoping someone could summarise his progress issues regarding the twin engine conversion, even though there have been cheat mods and Regalia versions made by Frank to help, but recently I've realised it's just made it clearer why I'm not willing to keep indulging in it. It's just too cumbersome, and even though the mod avoids multiple reads and the Regalia version makes it easier to launch, the game itself is still a tsunami of disgust. And the lack of a real contemporary game in the same genre to replace it makes it all the more desperate.

Reactions: Tebix

Tebix

Sep 3, 2017
Has anyone seen the game's author's recent live stream, please? I was hoping someone could summarise his progress issues regarding the twin engine conversion, even though there have been cheat mods and Regalia versions made by Frank to help, but recently I've realised it's just made it clearer why I'm not willing to keep indulging in it. It's just too cumbersome, and even though the mod avoids multiple reads and the Regalia version makes it easier to launch, the game itself is still a tsunami of disgust. And the lack of a real contemporary game in the same genre to replace it makes it all the more desperate.
I didn't watch his streams but read his patreon progress report, he said that his patreon voted on that he should focus on the conversion for version 1.0 so he should focus more on it now, but quiet frankly I doubt that this will happen, to really make progress he would need to abandoned the RAGS version in the future, and he seems absolutely unwilling to do that, being (rightfully) proud of what he achieved in that. But RAGS is an absolute dead end, the site is completely down for multiple years already and the engine is way older and was never really that good. Look at what Fort of Chains achieved before it was abandoned, adding features don't matter if the game runs like shit and QOL is just a dream. And like you said sadly there don't really exist a game that does it better fort of chains was sadly abandoned. Sorry with the rant I am simply frustrated with the snail pace of a development and the shitty RAGS player which is the source of many of the frustration I have with the game.

Reactions: Gluttonous

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I didn't watch his streams but read his patreon progress report, he said that his patreon voted on that he should focus on the conversion for version 1.0 so he should focus more on it now, but quiet frankly I doubt that this will happen, to really make progress he would need to abandoned the RAGS version in the future, and he seems absolutely unwilling to do that, being (rightfully) proud of what he achieved in that. But RAGS is an absolute dead end, the site is completely down for multiple years already and the engine is way older and was never really that good. Look at what Fort of Chains achieved before it was abandoned, adding features don't matter if the game runs like shit and QOL is just a dream. And like you said sadly there don't really exist a game that does it better fort of chains was sadly abandoned. Sorry with the rant I am simply frustrated with the snail pace of a development and the shitty RAGS player which is the source of many of the frustration I have with the game.
Technically, FoC wasn't abandoned since it was 'released' completed. The dev simply hoped the community would keep updating the game with custom quests to prevent interest from waning. Too much hope, not enough butter.

• Angry
Reactions: Arkady

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
being (rightfully) proud of what he achieved in that.
no, he build a inconsequential mess of everything you should not make when programming.
the fact Frank N. Stein must spend days only to understand "what new bedlam had fucked in this release" speak for itself.
and in the years the project is developing he don't have learn a fucking single rule of good coding netique.

on top of this a lot of his effort is going to make Frank N. Stein job harder reworking subsystem at random, often worsing them. just because he cannot even stand to the concept someone can cheat in his game. he even change the game if someone write in the wiki some precise info about the game itslef.

Tebix

Sep 3, 2017
no, he build a inconsequential mess of everything you should not make when programming.
the fact Frank N. Stein must spend days only to understand "what new bedlam had fucked in this release" speak for itself.
and in the years the project is developing he don't have learn a fucking single rule of good coding netique.

on top of this a lot of his effort is going to make Frank N. Stein job harder reworking subsystem at random, often worsing them. just because he cannot even stand to the concept someone can cheat in his game. he even change the game if someone write in the wiki some precise info about the game itslef.
He is pushing RAGS but my point was that RAGS itself is a shit engine. He is a really bad programmer he only recently discovered that doing everything in RAGS directly creates a mess and switched to planning and writing outside RAGS and then implementing it.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
He is pushing RAGS but my point was that RAGS itself is a shit engine. He is a really bad programmer he only recently discovered that doing everything in RAGS directly creates a mess and switched to planning and writing outside RAGS and then implementing it.
if i take a car and forcing to haul a train... succeeding. yes i'm pushing the car well beyond it's limit, but i'm a moron from the start.

"recently" mean five to seven years ago, at least. and still he doesn't try to go to a more manageable mess (rags is a mess, but there are different degree of mess), he is making the game more messy and more ingestible with each release. i think in the last three years he reworked biomancy and corruption like... three/four times?

and the works in the twine conversion was started how many years ago? and i suppose he doesn't have reach the "technical alpha" functional state. and only because some of is patreon forced him to do so.

Tebix

Sep 3, 2017
if i take a car and forcing to haul a train... succeeding. yes i'm pushing the car well beyond it's limit, but i'm a moron from the start.

"recently" mean five to seven years ago, at least. and still he doesn't try to go to a more manageable mess (rags is a mess, but there are different degree of mess), he is making the game more messy and more ingestible with each release. i think in the last three years he reworked biomancy and corruption like... three/four times?

and the works in the twine conversion was started how many years ago? and i suppose he doesn't have reach the "technical alpha" functional state. and only because some of is patreon forced him to do so.
With recently I mean he mentioned this big achievement in a fortnightly progress report recently, so no not multiple years ago.

But I don't want to defend him, I am just as fed up as you about him.

Gluttonous

Feb 18, 2018
Hey friend, thanks for being willing to say something. That stuff is actually why I asked if anyone had gone and watched him live directly, because his announcement that there was "significant hope" for an engine conversion is not the only thing that happened recently, he announced it in a two week progress piece early last year, and then a year went by. Of course, I can understand that it's not easy for everyone at a time like this, but it also makes it impossible for me to trust this report anymore.
Screenshot_20230410_041349.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxter

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
he even change the game if someone write in the wiki some precise info about the game itslef.
I frankly don't even understand why someone hasn't just gone ahead and deleted the wiki entirely. It has almost no useful info. Partially because it hasn't been updated in a while, but mostly because the creator of the game seems driven to make sure that it doesn't actually contain any useful information in the first place, which defeats the entire purpose of having a wiki.

It's like wanting a mall filled with shops that are never open.

Reactions: Tebix

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Bedlam has been talking about an engine conversion for at least three years, probably longer.

I'll believe it when I see it.
just out of curiosity i search the first post in this thread citing twine conversion:
https://f95zone.to/threads/no-haven...v-981-patreon-bedlam-games.14953/post-1476307
Jan 13, 2019
yea, 4 years ago. and wasn't a recent news even at that point.

edit:
i search in the game thread (F95) proprely:
https://f95zone.to/threads/no-haven-v0-981-tf-edition-bedlam-games.9229/post-1148040
Oct 2, 2018
and the post starti with "BedlamGames knows that he needs a better engine. He has acknowledged it."
what a clown.

Last edited:

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Then why did the developer overhaul absolutely every-fucking-thing, but never even implement non-custom quests for half the stuff allegedly part of the game?
Are you intentionally trying to start something by pretending to ignore the actual FoC thread with answers to what you're talking about? The answers to what you're asking for are over there so neither of us has to bog down this thread ad nauseam with the bullshit over on that thread.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
On the subject of FoC:
Susan's not wrong. No sense in going at it over FoC grievances here, when you can find the answers (or ask the questions) in the FoC thread.

On the subject of the Twine Conversion:
It'll happen. One day. I believe it will. Look at Futanari transformation and Change Race! They were part of Biomancy from Day one, and he finally made them functional just last year. Only took him... 7 years, give or take my bad memory.

On the subject of the Update:
It's up. Fuck me, I thought I released it last Monday (the 3rd) but apparently screwed that pooch.
Fixed the reported bugs, except for the Sissy thing. As fair as I can tell, there's nothing weird with the code there. Which is, in itself, weird.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes