Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
just out of curiosity i search the first post in this thread citing twine conversion:
https://f95zone.to/threads/no-haven...v-981-patreon-bedlam-games.14953/post-1476307
Jan 13, 2019
yea, 4 years ago. and wasn't a recent news even at that point.

edit:
i search in the game thread (F95) proprely:
https://f95zone.to/threads/no-haven-v0-981-tf-edition-bedlam-games.9229/post-1148040
Oct 2, 2018
and the post starti with "BedlamGames knows that he needs a better engine. He has acknowledged it."
what a clown.
1681300881579.png
I agree, the progress is slow and him continuing the RAGS version just makes the issue worse, but keep in mind he is working on it pretty constantly. Every Fortnightly progress has this section I highlighted, which is him talking about what happened in the No Haven conversion, which based on how it's read, he streams.
Also 4 years for game dev is not that long. I'm not going to restate everything from the second post you pinned because I'm assuming you read it, it summarized the issues very well, even now. My point is, yes he really should stop doing Rags and focus on the conversion, but he has reasons not to, and for at least a solid while now he has been putting a solid amount of work into it. Whether that is more, less, or equivalent to the effort he puts to Rags, I have no idea, however keep this in mind, there have been significantly less updates on Rags over time since he started the conversion proper.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I agree, the progress is slow and him continuing the RAGS version just makes the issue worse, but keep in mind he is working on it pretty constantly. Every Fortnightly progress has this section I highlighted, which is him talking about what happened in the No Haven conversion, which based on how it's read, he streams.
because some of his bigger patreon forced him to do so. i read a couple of post of him, I don't remember where to.
and if you need to be forced to plan to stop developing in rags... it's a problem. a big problem

Also 4 years for game dev is not that long. I'm not going to restate everything from the second post you pinned because I'm assuming you read it, it summarized the issues very well, even now.
in four years you can build a indi game from scratch even if you work alone. it's not long, is a fucking unbelivable time and he doesn't have a working tech demo, yet.

My point is, yes he really should stop doing Rags and focus on the conversion, but he has reasons not to, and for at least a solid while now he has been putting a solid amount of work into it. Whether that is more, less, or equivalent to the effort he puts to Rags, I have no idea, however keep this in mind, there have been significantly less updates on Rags over time since he started the conversion proper.
when you switch countinuosly between two code language there is some "reajusting time" the brain need to proper switch gears (prortional to the difference of the two). and if you are very accustomed to one and in the need to learn the other... keeping jumping day to day from one to the other mean you waste at least half the time to just "remembere where you are and what you want do next"

if we where in the 2020 perhpas i can give him the benefit of the doubt. but mid 2023? after near five years talking about changing rags in a better system? (and twine it isn't probably the better you can go, at least is easy and there a lot of material around) no chance.

when was obviously rags development (as framework) that was abbandoned was the moment to going in a forced march trough the conversion in another system. it's just common sense. and still years after that point we can see only a low to moderate effort in that direction.

and after this you need to add how awuful he is in the developing no haven. Frank N. Stein has a list of fix to implement at each new release to simply fix "things" are broken from ages ago and never adressed. i don't know if you are familar with the concept of , him for sure not, and he is basically go bankrupt years ago. and keeping to reworks system after system with the goal to only increase entropy it's exact what you should avoid. nearly at any [developing] cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tebix

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
Fair point, I will note that I din't think he really started working on twine until like 2 years ago, not really gonna argue he that's fine, it's not, he should have started that earlier, but still, that's a thing. I also did not know about technical debt, tho it makes sense; tho keep in mind many Patreon creators have gotten screwed when they say, lemme pause development so I can make the framework better. When your main income comes from something, you have keep up with it. If he really did abandon Rags that while ago to focus on twine, he more than likely would have lost alot of patrons. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen it.
I will note again, I do wish he focused more on it, I'm just pointing this out to not trash the guy completely, he has reasons for doing what he does the way he does ranging from reasonable to 'you can do better.'

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Fair point, I will note that I din't think he really started working on twine until like 2 years ago, not really gonna argue he that's fine, it's not, he should have started that earlier, but still, that's a thing.
i'm reasonably sure to read about "positive advancament" for the conversion 4+ years ago, but i don't want spend the time to find if i'm right or not. but for sure he works on it for more then two years, and in two years one can be have all migrate. the only thing you need it's just want do it.

I also did not know about technical debt, tho it makes sense; tho keep in mind many Patreon creators have gotten screwed when they say, lemme pause development so I can make the framework better. When your main income comes from something, you have keep up with it. If he really did abandon Rags that while ago to focus on twine, he more than likely would have lost alot of patrons. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen it.
because the talking about how awful rags is date at lease five years ago you are wrong.
if we said he use one month in three working on the conversion... you will don't lose a lot of patron, first some will pause only one month in three, and the large part know a better frameworks mean a better game. and with a big chunk of time used only over one language you can develope with a modicum of efficency. this don't fix how bad developer he is, but at least let you achieve your goal in a timely manner. and this before the ship "rags" sinked (stop the develop of rags). after that should be a month over two, at least.

and the things you implement in rags aren't "whatever come in mind" but point to volume over complexity and for anything is holy don't reworks big subsystem if they "somewhat" working. but put everything on a list and build in the new frameworks everything you want do. but again this mean you actualy want migrate and not "something they forced me to do"

I will note again, I do wish he focused more on it, I'm just pointing this out to not trash the guy completely, he has reasons for doing what he does the way he does ranging from reasonable to 'you can do better.'
he is trashed because his stance on cheat and wiki. but it's totaly another point of discussion. the point here is how he bad at developing and his unwillingness to learn something better. and yes, he can do better, but refuse to do so.

ignorance it's the fundamental state of everyone. keep as is or try to change it's a person discretion.

Last edited:

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
because the talking about how awful rags is date at lease five years ago you are wrong.
if we said he use one month in three working on the conversion... you will don't lose a lot of patron, first some will pause only one month in three, and the large part know a better frameworks mean a better game. and with a big chunk of time used only over one language you can develope with a modicum of efficency. this don't fix how bad developer he is, but at least let you achieve your goal in a timely manner. and this before the ship "rags" sinked (stop the develop of rags). after that should be a month over two, at least.

and the things you implement in rags aren't "whatever come in mind" but point to volume over complexity and for anything is holy don't reworks big subsystem if they "somewhat" working. but put everything on a list and build in the new frameworks everything you want do. but again this mean you actualy want migrate and not "something they forced me to do"
I don't disagree with this point regarding the framework part. I very much think he should change his focus to Twine, but keep in mind generally the people who complain are the minority. Most people tend not to care enough if at all. Maybe he wouldn't lose many, maybe he would, the issue is risk. There have been many patreons who've died because they wanted to work on the framework, and when Patreon is most of your income, which I think it is for Bedlam, that's not a risk most would be willing to take. Ofc if Bedlam's income is not really dependent on NH then yeah, he extra dumb. Noting points still there if he's not dependent, it's just significantly less important as a factor.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I don't disagree with this point regarding the framework part. I very much think he should change his focus to Twine, but keep in mind generally the people who complain are the minority. Most people tend not to care enough if at all. Maybe he wouldn't lose many, maybe he would, the issue is risk. There have been many patreons who've died because they wanted to work on the framework, and when Patreon is most of your income, which I think it is for Bedlam, that's not a risk most would be willing to take. Ofc if Bedlam's income is not really dependent on NH then yeah, he extra dumb. Noting points still there if he's not dependent, it's just significantly less important as a factor.
the benefit of the doubt died at least three years ago.
it's crystaline obviously he doesn't want migrate, and the works progress only because some big patron said "i give you money only if you work at least tot time at the conversion" that some years ago. (don't remembere where i read it, sadly)
he doesn't want because it's out his confort zone? or beacuse he think can handle a unsupported tool for a indefinite time? i don't know.
but i cannot see one single reasonable explanation either.

Reactions: Tebix

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
On a second note, if you don't want your char being a puppet leader, you can semi-circumvent this in the Regalia. If you edit the Forced variable in console, you can change the min and maximum values till collaring,you can also change the amount they take, as you don't get collared till they're at max shares.
I will note that change the number above 120 doesn't always stop them past 120, you can set the minimum to a negative value however. As I recall -1000 works fine ftmp, you can also try -10000. Do keep in mind that you would still need to edit the Slaver who forced you's taken amount as it does not start in the negative if you set that.
What variable is that? I can't seem to find it. There's a Timer 1095 (Forced Encounter - Puppet) but the timers seem way more complicated than the Variables. And I'm not sure if it's a timer to START puppet, or if it's a timer to continue, because right above it (Timers 1090-1094) list each of the forced encounter types, Dom, Hyp, Mal, etc. Do I need to change it in each of those? And the Pass/Checks/Ragscondition tree within timers is complicated and giving me a headache. I did find this buried in 1095 though:
  1. CkType: "CT_Uninitialized"
  2. CondType: "CT_Variable_Comparison"
  3. ConditionStep2: "Forced(0)(4)"
  4. ConditionStep3: "Greater Than or Equals"
  5. ConditionStep4: "100"
And then another one that said the same thing but with "ConditionStep4: "120"" and then one more of each 100 and 120... wtf am I even looking at anymore!?!? If this is the right place, which 2 are min, which 2 are max, and which of the pairs do I need to change? I'm so damn confused...

If you can give me a more detailed description of how to prevent the final stage of puppet leader from occuring, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Is it maybe in Timer 1129: Forced Encounter - Willtamer?

Last edited:

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
What variable is that? I can't seem to find it. There's a Timer 1095 (Forced Encounter - Puppet) but the timers seem way more complicated than the Variables. And I'm not sure if it's a timer to START puppet, or if it's a timer to continue, because right above it (Timers 1090-1094) list each of the forced encounter types, Dom, Hyp, Mal, etc. Do I need to change it in each of those? And the Pass/Checks/Ragscondition tree within timers is complicated and giving me a headache. I did find this buried in 1095 though:
  1. CkType: "CT_Uninitialized"
  2. CondType: "CT_Variable_Comparison"
  3. ConditionStep2: "Forced(0)(4)"
  4. ConditionStep3: "Greater Than or Equals"
  5. ConditionStep4: "100"
And then another one that said the same thing but with "ConditionStep4: "120"" and then one more of each 100 and 120... wtf am I even looking at anymore!?!? If this is the right place, which 2 are min, which 2 are max, and which of the pairs do I need to change? I'm so damn confused...

If you can give me a more detailed description of how to prevent the final stage of puppet leader from occuring, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Is it maybe in Timer 1129: Forced Encounter - Willtamer?
No, it's literally called Forced, that's it, it has a few variables, which slaver is using you, their chances of using you, and the amount you pay them. The amount you pay them is the relevant factor as editing the other 2 can break it entirely

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
1681371332816.png
Each number corresponds to the relevant number, the 3727 and 4632 should be referencing eachother "IE Character ID 3727 and I owe 4632," that is not a real character ID, so I'm not sure what's up with that, 90% sure that should not be there. It also has not affected anything(at the very least yet)

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
No, it's literally called Forced, that's it, it has a few variables, which slaver is using you, their chances of using you, and the amount you pay them. The amount you pay them is the relevant factor as editing the other 2 can break it entirely
Thanks, so variable 431. Ok next question! I see the numbers in the var array. None of them say min or max, but one says "total to beat." I also see the values dMin and dMax, which I assume are the values you were talking about. Should setting dMax to 10k and dMin to -10k work?

Edit: Just saw your followup post, thank you for the info! Copying your variables of 12k max and -1k min, crossing fingers.

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
Thanks, so variable 431. Ok next question! I see the numbers in the var array. None of them say min or max, but one says "total to beat." I also see the values dMin and dMax, which I assume are the values you were talking about. Should setting dMax to 10k and dMin to -10k work?

Edit: Just saw your followup post, thank you for the info! Copying your variables of 12k max and -1k min, crossing fingers.
I will note, the max doesn't always work, sometimes puppet leader trigger anyway provided it's past 120g(don't set it lower, it will trigger at the lower value), as per the min value, you have to manually set the number after you get used by a slaver for the first time as the number starts from 0 regardless of the min value.
#somuchworktohaveasubnonpuppet

Reactions: fzdudesome

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
Does anyone know what variables or timers need to be tweaked to get timed quests like Witch-Queen and Gem for Nothing to trigger faster?

Poking around in the console, I found things that look like they'll register that you've obtained a unique character, but not trigger the quest being available.

Also, one of the variable arrays I poked around in is 433, and labeled "Uni-WitchQueen." It has seven points you can edit, and seems to trigger special encampment upgrades. I found Fall of the Witch-Queen, Seller of Quality, Team Spirit, Remnant's Renown, Obedience of Glory, and something called "Defiled Temple," which I've never heard of before. Does anyone know what quest gives you this encampment upgrade?

I'd guess it's from Temple Takeover, but all I've ever gotten from that is "Final Lesson," if I remember right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxter

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
On the subject of the Forced night time event, it still keeps bugging out and not let you fight back when you pick the option like it used to.

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
On the subject of the Forced night time event, it still keeps bugging out and not let you fight back when you pick the option like it used to.
It's not a bug, if you're too sub, they're to dom, or a mix, you have no ability to resist. For this reason, I normally take stubborn (or add it post.) There are also other factors, like if you've been hypnotized or dominated multiple times you probably also have next to no chance to resist.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
Is there a way to remove the cooldown on a specific slaver who potentially uses you? My ultimate goal is to have a single slaver (the 2nd in command) initiate a forced encounter every night that both player and 2nd are in the camp. If other slavers break it up periodically that's fine, as long as the 2nd fills any/all nights otherwise.

I recognize what I'm looking for is getting more complicated, and I don't really expect you/anyone to know, but I figure it's still worth asking.

Reactions: Jaxter

PrimeUniverse

Aug 22, 2019
Is there a way to remove the cooldown on a specific slaver who potentially uses you? My ultimate goal is to have a single slaver (the 2nd in command) initiate a forced encounter every night that both player and 2nd are in the camp. If other slavers break it up periodically that's fine, as long as the 2nd fills any/all nights otherwise.

I recognize what I'm looking for is getting more complicated, and I don't really expect you/anyone to know, but I figure it's still worth asking.
sorta, A, spill the odds in your favor(check the forced encounter help for the relative calculations) and B, you can lock the order they use you I believe. The simpler way would be to use the cheat menu to lock the variable, tho I recall doing so without doing that, been awhile, so I don't recall how.
Edit:I'm noting I learned how to work with most of the variables by just searching for and reading things in the cheatmenu, so you can probably figure out the specifics by poking around a bit.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes