Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tebix

Sep 3, 2017
Flying is only available to certain races or biomancy / corruption that gives large enough wings. I think only the harpies get flying, and there's a chance for getting a flying mount for scout slavers at least so if you get your original PC killed and that slaver takes over you'd get flying.

Flying is a better version of fleet, and they might actually stack (haven't tested it so not positive). The fleet trait is available in the base game customization, and you should be able to cheat to guarantee successes in the body modifications with this mod. Note that for corruption the lower difficulty body modifications don't give flying, the higher one should give it. I personally haven't looked at / done biomancy in a while so I'm not sure about that side of things
Getting Fly get's rid of Fleet.

Reactions: User1810

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Not that I've tried it in a while but IIRC the wings you can make though Corruption don't give Flying even after enlarging?

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
Not that I've tried it in a while but IIRC the wings you can make though Corruption don't give Flying even after enlarging?
I just double check this and no, enlarging wings does not give you flying. The description states "On your back are huge pitch-black leathery dragon wings with intimidating pointed hooks infused with demonic power that while not fully capable of flight in this reality do allow for some impressive leaps along with some amount of gliding."

Myrryr

Mar 31, 2017
I'm sorry, not having trouble or anything. I just haven't had the free time to finish it. I've barely had the time to start reading through the thread for my awol period.
I thought I'd replied a few days after my last post, but the mobile site has a habit of acting up.

I'll try and finish it the day I get some time to myself and upload it right away, which hopefully should be soon.
We're just looking forward to it! Being able to train the PC for slave training is something that's pretty popular, and it's surprising that Bedlam hasn't worked it into the actual game yet.

PolarJade

Sep 24, 2017
Is there any chance that the ability to start, so you don't have to biomancy it and never really get the traits, as some of the locked races (Legion, Angel, Wisp) will be added to the cheat mod?

I love the cheat mod either way, just curious.

Keep up the good work!

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Is there any chance that the ability to start, so you don't have to biomancy it and never really get the traits, as some of the locked races (Legion, Angel, Wisp) will be added to the cheat mod?

Keep up the good work!
That would be nice, but would require a lot of extra content, not a simple poke around the code. Wisps are ethereal, which most PC-affecting systems, like nightly visits, don't account for. Legions are collective beings, so their sex scenes have to be worded differently. True angels would be relatively straightforward in comparison, but the race is locked from ever being slavers, so that might lead to some unexpected bugs.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
We're just looking forward to it! Being able to train the PC for slave training is something that's pretty popular, and it's surprising that Bedlam hasn't worked it into the actual game yet.
And with that, a reminder to keep your expectations low. I can try and promise it will be bug free, but I can assure you that it won't be anything extravagant. I know I keep saying this, but I really want to hammer it home.
I have some free time coming up in the next couple days, so I'll get back to it and hopefully have it up for testing soon after.

Keep up the good work!
That would be nice, but would require a lot of extra content, not a simple poke around the code. Wisps are ethereal, which most PC-affecting systems, like nightly visits, don't account for. Legions are collective beings, so their sex scenes have to be worded differently. True angels would be relatively straightforward in comparison, but the race is locked from ever being slavers, so that might lead to some unexpected bugs.
What User1810 said is exceptionally correct. The amount of extra work required to account for everything that adding those races to the character creation pile might not be worth the bugs that it would result in.
If you want an idea of any race not designed to be played as a PC yet, mess around with the race change in biomancy and find all the ones without portraits. By law of Bedlam, that's what dictates whether or not it's ready to be a PC. No portrait, means the game hasn't been adjusted to account for them.

PolarJade

Sep 24, 2017
And with that, a reminder to keep your expectations low. I can try and promise it will be bug free, but I can assure you that it won't be anything extravagant. I know I keep saying this, but I really want to hammer it home.
I have some free time coming up in the next couple days, so I'll get back to it and hopefully have it up for testing soon after.
.....By law of Bedlam, that's what dictates whether or not it's ready to be a PC. No portrait, means the game hasn't been adjusted to account for them.

That's understandable then, thanks for explaining.
Is there then a way to make sure biomancy actually adds the traits/checks of the new race? I pretty frequently still get referred to as the old race/don't get the traits of the new.
Ik plenty of people ask for plenty of stuff from biomancy so nbd if it can't happen, just curious

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
That's understandable then, thanks for explaining.
Is there then a way to make sure biomancy actually adds the traits/checks of the new race? I pretty frequently still get referred to as the old race/don't get the traits of the new.
Ik plenty of people ask for plenty of stuff from biomancy so nbd if it can't happen, just curious
Honestly, Biomancy needs a complete rewrite. I am able to understand how missions and even corruption most days... but 10 minutes at looking into Biomancy and it turns into a major headache. I swear Bedlam started it with one idea, changed it partway through to a 2nd idea, came up with a 3rd idea, but used a 4th idea, then went back to the 3rd idea partially. If I ever get a chance to do it, I'll send a copy to Frank (or hell even Bedlam but it would probably piss him off again).

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
A lot can happen over the course of 5ish years, so yeah I guess Biomancy now doesn't look like the original Biomancy concept. I bet Corruption doesn't either.
The problem with a rework that a developer has to ask them self is whether the the delta-change in mechanics (that is how much better the end goal is than what you currently have) is worth the investment of development time.
Like if you're making a shooter which uses homing bullets for aim-assist, and you want to change into hitbox-embiggening 'cuz it's better somehow. Will the change be worth the time-investment?
I think it's the same for Biomancy, and while it may entirely be me, I can't really think of a system that'd be better-enough to warrant serious time-investiture.
Personally I'd prefer a lot less dialogue boxes and 'stops' where RAGS waits for the user to press continue. But I hope they're there for good reason already.
(Fewer dialogue boxes would also reduce the memory leakiness of RAGS 2.4.16)
...- Is there then a way to make sure biomancy actually adds the traits/checks of the new race? I pretty frequently still get referred to as the old race/don't get the traits of the new.
It is possible, but it's not easy in the RAGS architecture. It builds the sentences from arrays of identifiers, amongst others the targets race, gender, etc. You'd have to find them all and change them all. Which, given how difficult it is to get Biomancy to even fire 100% of the time, is probably a tall order.

Last edited:

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Last set of testing and fuckery is happening right now.
Shouldn't take longer than an hour or two and then I'll upload.

Quick Dialogue:
Literally nothing was done outside of player slave training. I was so swamped that I decided to take the "fuck it" approach and sweep everything else under the carpet until I got a working version of this out.
It is simple. There's a handful of flavour text aimed at the fact the Slave Leader is the one being trained, but beyond that, most of the time was spent getting it to work without bugs.
That said, expect bugs. None will crash the game (as of the last series of tests), but I'm certain there's going to be an event that doesn't quite work right because the game isn't built right to allow for this kind of thing. Kind of like how Corruption's Babydoll isn't really intended for PC targeting (or wasn't; I think Bedlam might've corrected that).
Mutiny Events were the bane of this things existence. Right now all it does it set up the variables so that it can happen. The plan was for it to trigger a variable that sets a random number of days before it auto-triggers with a no-win variant.
That's still the plan, I just need to figure out how to trigger it so it doesn't crash the game whenever it tries to run the mutiny event.

Anyways, ya. It's on the way and should be here soon. I just want to run through with a few different genders and the troublemaker races to make sure nothing gamebreaking is left outstanding.

Wardatu

Mar 17, 2019
Last set of testing and fuckery is happening right now.
Shouldn't take longer than an hour or two and then I'll upload.

Quick Dialogue:
Literally nothing was done outside of player slave training. I was so swamped that I decided to take the "fuck it" approach and sweep everything else under the carpet until I got a working version of this out.
It is simple. There's a handful of flavour text aimed at the fact the Slave Leader is the one being trained, but beyond that, most of the time was spent getting it to work without bugs.
That said, expect bugs. None will crash the game (as of the last series of tests), but I'm certain there's going to be an event that doesn't quite work right because the game isn't built right to allow for this kind of thing. Kind of like how Corruption's Babydoll isn't really intended for PC targeting (or wasn't; I think Bedlam might've corrected that).
Mutiny Events were the bane of this things existence. Right now all it does it set up the variables so that it can happen. The plan was for it to trigger a variable that sets a random number of days before it auto-triggers with a no-win variant.
That's still the plan, I just need to figure out how to trigger it so it doesn't crash the game whenever it tries to run the mutiny event.

Anyways, ya. It's on the way and should be here soon. I just want to run through with a few different genders and the troublemaker races to make sure nothing gamebreaking is left outstanding.
So, for some weird reason, we cannot download it. The MEGA-link requires the key and Zippy gives me a 403 forbidden. No idea if it's just me, but would be great if you could look into it real quick!

Eskella

Dec 9, 2018
Seems that, uh, my slavers never return from missions... :)

Edit: This is with Leader Slave Training enabled, from the look of it. Lost a slaver with it on, turned it off and did another set of missions and all slavers returned, turned it back on and any I sent out disappeared.

Last edited:

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
So, for some weird reason, we cannot download it. The MEGA-link requires the key and Zippy gives me a 403 forbidden. No idea if it's just me, but would be great if you could look into it real quick!
Might be just you, but I can reupload them, will just take a moment.
EDIT: It's done

Seems that, uh, my slavers never return from missions... :)

Edit: This is with Leader Slave Training enabled, from the look of it. Lost a slaver with it on, turned it off and did another set of missions and all slavers returned, turned it back on and any I sent out disappeared.
That, uh, that shouldn't be happening. That was a bug when I was piggybacking off the base games removal system to restore the PC after they went through training. Figured out pretty quick that wouldn't work.
I just did a quick test and the bug is indeed fixed, but I'll reup the mod anyways. It'd be insane to think the problem is just with you. I could've upped the wrong version, caught some old code after the upload, etc. I'm terribly consistent for that kind of thing.
EDIT: It's done.

Reactions: Wardatu and Myrryr

VineBear

Feb 19, 2018
I'm having an issue where the leader never comes back from training, just disappears forever. Tried it a few times, happens every time

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
I'm having an issue where the leader never comes back from training, just disappears forever. Tried it a few times, happens every time
Can you clarify which training you did and any other details you might think are relevant?
I walked through all the training events and never encountered that issue (well, not in the latest rendition), so there might be something specific I forgot to check for.

Reactions: Myrryr
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes