Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
I mean it'd be fine if the wiki skipped the flavour text and just listed the various crunch results and where relevant their variants and preconditions.

Thing is it mostly doesn't even do that, though, which makes it largely useless as a reference.
Yeah but that's not on Bedlam. It's a fan wiki, people would have to go there and contribute. There's like two people. I'd contribute but I don't have any specific content I'd like to add.

Reactions: Jaxter

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Well obviously, not sure where this remark is even coming from.
Well originally the discussion was complaining about Bedlam's policy harming the wiki. I'm just pointing out its flaws could be helped out if more people got involved. Didn't mean it against you. :)

Trapquest

Feb 26, 2018
If you search out the RAGs engine speedhack that I think is somewhere earlier in the thread, it makes the game run A LOT faster, with seemingly no side-effects.

Reactions: User1810

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
If you search out the RAGs engine speedhack that I think is somewhere earlier in the thread, it makes the game run A LOT faster, with seemingly no side-effects.

Yeah I usually link people to , the Performance Improvements part at the bottom explains the performance workaround and links to the necessary files.

Reactions: Trapquest

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Well originally the discussion was complaining about Bedlam's policy harming the wiki. I'm just pointing out its flaws could be helped out if more people got involved. Didn't mean it against you. :)
I mean my post was specifically about how Bedlam's request - which I don't see as unreasonable BTW - isn't really even relevant to why the wiki isn't terribly useful currently. Hell IIRC it's specifically noted there that summarising rewards is perfectly fine.

The problem is that for whatever the heck reason the contributors mostly *don't* which in practice renders the whole assignments section only useful for looking up what kinds of stuff you need for the rarer ones.

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Yeah for sure, I definitely agree. Bear in mind that for like... three years? Maybe more. The wiki barely had any updates, and only a couple months back the original admin passed the torch to these new guys. Since then it's been moving forward... very slowly.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
It makes sense when the only gameplay relevant stuff you need to know is who to send and the rewards, not the result text itself. It reminds me of the Fallen London wiki, which has the same policy of telling you what you need and the changes, but not the text itself (since it's a pretty heavy story/lore game).
I mean it'd be fine if the wiki skipped the flavour text and just listed the various crunch results and where relevant their variants and preconditions.

Thing is it mostly doesn't even do that, though, which makes it largely useless as a reference.
this perhaps can be "good enough" for a visual novel, not for a game with the math no haven use.
for very rare and specific result you need not only a critical success, but slaver with specific trait and/or aspect and even then with all the planet alligned there is a huge rng involved. a wiki should have every math, possibility and iteraction write clear and crystalline, for every action in the game. [and I don't touch the event you can trigger only a finite numbers of times...]

for example a post like Damoriva writed should be banned from the wiki, and it's absurd because is a basic information any wiki should have.

If you're looking for submissive player character content, I made a list of all the ones I've found.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And of course there's the night time forced encounters.
if i have any knwoledge of rags probably i will start a real wiki, but i have some knowledge of programming (OOP manly with a very bit of html/js) and without knowking python can read rn'py script reasonably well or a game made in twine, but starting learning rags (a platform dyning for more the one good reasons) with no haven... no.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
for very rare and specific result you need not only a critical success, but slaver with specific trait and/or aspect and even then with all the planet alligned there is a huge rng involved.
Well yeah that's what I said.

a wiki should have every math, possibility and iteraction write clear and crystalline, for every action in the game.
Yeah good luck digging all that shit out of the code, RAGS being the unwieldy POS it is to begin with and insofar I understand Bedlam really pushing the boundaries (also having kinda spaghetti code). Plus IIRC the official releases are password protected, unlike LD here, so the average tosser can't even open them in RagsDesigner to try and puzzle it out in the first place.

Also unimportant geek fodder anyway. The average player doesn't particularly need such detailed info on the nuts-and-bolts calculations running under the hood, just the requirements for different results.

[and I don't touch the event you can trigger only a finite numbers of times...]
Yeah the wiki actually tends to mention those even now actually, as well as when an assignment's rewards change with repeats (though not always in the actual assignments pages...). Credit where it is due.

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
By the way, if you grab the Regalia html conversion, you can open the Game.js file on a text editor/notepad to look into the code.

It's the mess you'd expect!

b0yn3xtd00r

Mar 15, 2018
The problem is that for whatever the heck reason the contributors mostly *don't* which in practice renders the whole assignments section only useful for looking up what kinds of stuff you need for the rarer ones.
Probably because contributors are random people with varying experience with the game itself and on what a wiki should contain. As someone smarter than me says, "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

a wiki should have every math, possibility and iteraction write clear and crystalline, for every action in the game. [and I don't touch the event you can trigger only a finite numbers of times...]
It's a community wiki. If no one in the community wants to dig through the code to find the actual, hard math (and then format that data so that it makes sense for everyone else), then it's not going to be on the wiki.

Reactions: Jaxter and User1810

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Well yeah that's what I said.
a very vague summary (you can recruit a drieder slaver) is very, very far from the real thing. and we don't talk about flavor text, but real information, information there are strictly tied to the event unfolding.

Yeah good luck digging all that shit out of the code, RAGS being the unwieldy POS it is to begin with and insofar I understand Bedlam really pushing the boundaries (also having kinda spaghetti code). Plus IIRC the official releases are password protected, unlike LD here, so the average tosser can't even open them in RagsDesigner to try and puzzle it out in the first place.
it's the main (and only) thing stop me to start. i don't know rags and for sure don't want start with no haven to learn to read it [and because rags is nearly dead there aren't any real pro in learn it]

i don't know rags, but i think bedlam don't simply push boundaries, my understanding he is an haful coder without the basic knowledge for writing a decent code. like, for example, don't write half a function with a paradigm and change it in the second half. the strugle Frank N. Stein find to fire reliability the puppeter leader event is a clear example of an awful coded game.

even the decision to start a twine conversion AND keep developing the rags version is... not a smart one.
i can understand the need to keep patreon running but the result is making an conversion in ages with a bad code inside and adding more instability to a game well beyond the point of not return in that regard. and last but not least keeping switching between writing in two totaly different language make anything you write worse.

Also unimportant geek fodder anyway. The average player doesn't particularly need such detailed info on the nuts-and-bolts calculations running under the hood, just the requirements for different results.
in a game with a percentage for each result of each action? after one have all the math write down refine the result in a more streamlined and simplified version is easy to do. the opposite is impossible. and only if you use the loaded dice mod (a thousand thanks for Frank N. Stein to make it),because if you play the normal game even understand the odd of each action is a nightmare.

Yeah the wiki actually tends to mention those even now actually, as well as when an assignment's rewards change with repeats (though not always in the actual assignments pages...). Credit where it is due.
the wiki lack a page with the basic list of the corruption options, and because you cannot 'fall back' to the previous list even know the thing you can do through corruption is a tedious quick save->quick load->quick load->quick load... (with the no so small possibility to the game implodes and you lose your save) and even with the name some options aren't very clear what they do.

Probably because contributors are random people with varying experience with the game itself and on what a wiki should contain. As someone smarter than me says, "If you want something done right, do it yourself."
first isn't a very smart thing to think or to do. expecialy if you lack of crucial skill for actual do that.

It's a community wiki. If no one in the community wants to dig through the code to find the actual, hard math (and then format that data so that it makes sense for everyone else), then it's not going to be on the wiki.
there is a difference between what one want, and what one can do. i think there is more then few people interested in this thing (for example the sheer number of people asking about trigger the puppeter leader event), but none with the actualy ability to do that. me foremost.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I mean. In most cases they clearly just straight up copypasted the assignment flavour text and assorted role/position stuff - even a cursory mention of any noteworthy potential rewards (usually meaning special slaves) and known trigger prequisites shouldn't exactly be a great additional stretch to add, but is almost never done.

Hence the "for whatever the heck reason".

b0yn3xtd00r

Mar 15, 2018
first isn't a very smart thing to think or to do. expecialy if you lack of crucial skill for actual do that.
This isn't rocket science, you aren't going to die if you fuck up formatting a wiki page or include wrong information.

there is a difference between what one want, and what one can do. i think there is more then few people interested in this thing (for example the sheer number of people asking about trigger the puppeter leader event), but none with the actualy ability to do that. me foremost.
Yes, what people want is irrelevant to reality. In this case, people want the wiki to be more detailed but since there aren't enough skilled volunteers (that is what these contributors are), it's not. There's no point in complaining about the state of the wiki, as it's completely dependent on the community (people like you) to make it better.

I mean. In most cases they clearly just straight up copypasted the assignment flavour text and assorted role/position stuff - even a cursory mention of any noteworthy potential rewards (usually meaning special slaves) and known trigger prequisites shouldn't exactly be a great additional stretch to add, but is almost never done.

Hence the "for whatever the heck reason".
Again, they're random people, with variable knowledge of the game, who used their free time to contribute to the wiki. Lower your expectations or contribute, is my point.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
This isn't rocket science, you aren't going to die if you fuck up formatting a wiki page or include wrong information.
this is straight stupid, or one had a good understanding of the thing he want write or is better do nothing. write wrong information in a wiki (knowing your information can be not correct) is a very, very, bad thing to do.
and thanks, rocket science is relatively easy compared to understand no haven code. and it isn't an hyperbole i'm afraid.

Yes, what people want is irrelevant to reality. In this case, people want the wiki to be more detailed but since there aren't enough skilled volunteers (that is what these contributors are), it's not. There's no point in complaining about the state of the wiki, as it's completely dependent on the community (people like you) to make it better.
what people want is high relevant, perhpas not for you, but you aren't everyone. obviously people don't alwasy obtain what they want, but likewise people don't never obtain what they want. and often a plea can move someone to share his knowledge.

and to be clear, if I ever have all the infromation about no haven that quote from the wiki will be enough to discourge me to write anything in it.

Again, they're random people, with variable knowledge of the game, who used their free time to contribute to the wiki. Lower your expectations or contribute, is my point.
in the games i have some solid knowledge i actively contribuite to their wiki, and .
but i haven't any serious amount of knowledge about no haven. and gain that knowledge is ou of the question (there is an high probabily the twine conversion will be out before i can reach that goal even using all my free time for that).
so, i can ask someone with that knowledge to open a real wiki and put what they know. if this was in my ability to do, this will be aredy done.

Last edited:

Gierka

Dec 2, 2017
Is there anything worthy of mention between 5.7.1 and 5.7.3 or is that just a version bump to account for base game updates?

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Is there anything worthy of mention between 5.7.1 and 5.7.3 or is that just a version bump to account for base game updates?
Exactly that. There's also bug fixes and so forth, but unless they were something gamebreaking I often don't see the point in mentioning just them.

Update is on its way, sorry it is taking so long. Got busy and lost the free time I had.
That's over and done with and it's now just trying to fix an issue with slave leader. Either way the update will arrive sometime tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Tsul

May 27, 2017
Perhaps not the place to ask but can anyone give me the list of any notable special/super rare/hidden assignments? The only one I ever found is the Ice Queen one. Also anyone with MC Sub content, the lack of proper wiki/guide really make this hard considering RAGS isn't that good for replayability even with LD mod (thank you so much for making this game much more bearable OP!)

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Day late and a dollar short, but the updates here.

Changelog:

Some more flavour text that you're going to notice only if you're neurotic (again just trying to make it seem like they're aware they're training their boss).
-Bimbo Training in Slave Leader now actually trains you to be an advanced bimbo.
-Mutiny event now has a significantly increased (if you're not a puppet) chance of triggering after completing any of the high tier training event.

-Thanks to Arnw I'm damn certain that backfiring in biomancy (with cheats enabled) is dead, once and for all. I'm not sure how I missed it for so long (it used the caster and target variables, which is my excuse, as they're new) but it shouldn't persist. If it does, let me know.

Upcoming:
Puppet Leader for Slave Leader. I've got an idea on how to let it attach to whoever I want, just need to execute it and hope to god it doesn't fail.
Assignment rarity controller. Could be a bit. The current version is causing more issues than it's worth.

Perhaps not the place to ask but can anyone give me the list of any notable special/super rare/hidden assignments? The only one I ever found is the Ice Queen one. Also anyone with MC Sub content, the lack of proper wiki/guide really make this hard considering RAGS isn't that good for replayability even with LD mod (thank you so much for making this game much more bearable OP!)
As good a place as any; I'm not overly concerned whether questions asked have to do with the base game or the mod.

As to the question, I don't have one on hand right now, but I can probably piece one together for you (and the dozen others I'm assuming want one) in a day or two. I know I have a file for all the ones with weird or strict completion requirements (Like the True Angel Assignment), but that doesn't cover them all.

I do agree on the need for a better wiki. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere with modding CoC if the wiki was well done as it is(was? I don't know how it's managed nowadays). Seriously, if the wiki gave details on how to trigger a lot of events, I wouldn't have to play "find the flag" for half the things I'm trying to do.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes