Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
RIP Frank, who can't try to mod without Bedlam updating. Mans should really check his house for bugs
Truly, it pains me, but it's evidence enough that Bedlam is watching the thread, so that at leasts means any base game bugs ya find he'll read about.

Internet will finally be installed come Monday (which thank god as I have just been burning through Data), after that give me a day or two to do download the game and a quick (read:untested) update to the latest version for y'all.

Thank you all for your patience. And special thanks to the usual suspects for managing the thread when my incompetence shines through.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Don't worry about it hun, at least shit gets done with every update from either you or Bedlam unlike certain other developers/modders.

Keldin

Jun 7, 2017
Yo, hows anyone getting Rags 3 to work? I manged to get pictures working via launching Rags 3, then NH, and then applying the UTF and HTML update steps, but I'm still getting background errors about "CT_SETVARIABLEBYINPUT", as well as the "blah blah made in different version blah blah use legacy versions". AFAIK those don't in of themselves seem to fuck anything up, but the window that you pick responses from is in its own pop up window and like 2/3rds of the way offscreen, which in turn means that in full screen you can barely see shit.

Arnran

Nov 21, 2019
Yo, hows anyone getting Rags 3 to work? I manged to get pictures working via launching Rags 3, then NH, and then applying the UTF and HTML update steps, but I'm still getting background errors about "CT_SETVARIABLEBYINPUT", as well as the "blah blah made in different version blah blah use legacy versions". AFAIK those don't in of themselves seem to fuck anything up, but the window that you pick responses from is in its own pop up window and like 2/3rds of the way offscreen, which in turn means that in full screen you can barely see shit.
Thats the downside of rags 3.0 it may work fast but some menu may work. If you using rags 3 just have to keep it in mine

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Quick As You Like will do that.
Funny enough, my SO's fate wasn't all that dissimilar after forcing the trip upon me...

Also, I'm a dumbass. The copy of 952 I snagged was just 951 that was renamed, so I've been putting the effort into the version that I already uploaded. Hence the dumbass part cause I shoulda noticed.
At this point I'm just going to go with ol' standby of "upload when done, then test" once I get a copy.

EDIT: Sweet mercy, I'm just full of excuses.
EDIT2: Nevemind, I really am an idiot. it's .952. Upload in a short while.

Last edited:

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
u ok mate?
Totally; I just thought I was gonna have to spend time hunting a copy, and I've already wasted too much time working on this version. So when I thought I might have to scratch it, I was pissy.

he is always a bit chaotic when he is updating. doesnt help that bedlam does things right when he is about to. poor guy.
Chaotic. That's a good word. I was going with paranoid, but chaotic works.

You're right about the Bedlam though. Like i get I dogfuck the update at times because it gets tedious, but hot damn it's just about clockwork with me finishing an update and him releasing one.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Uh quick question, how long is a short while lol
Good question.
"A short while" was bad. Bad Frank.
I simply didn't expect to run into more issues at that stage (the original uploader had already made their own changes, which started wrecking shit when I started testing full runs), or to lose another few days on driving to chemo (not for me).
So I'm a day away from driving home, and the uploader also finally responded with a list of what they think is everything they changed. Which almost explains why I thought I had the wrong version for a hot minute.
Hopefully, that means I should be able to get this version uploaded just in time for Bedlam to upload .953.

Still, I'm starting to think I should try and fix the issue with patreon and just start subbing for the game, rather than hunting it down every time. I was getting a copy from a saint on here, but it's rather impolite for me to take advantage of that kindness month in, month out.

Last edited:

FourthSea

Donor
Nov 22, 2017
Good question.
"A short while" was bad. Bad Frank.
I simply didn't expect to run into more issues at that stage (the original uploader had already made their own changes, which started wrecking shit when I started testing full runs), or to lose another few days on driving to chemo (not for me).
So I'm a day away from driving home, and the uploader also finally responded with a list of what they think is everything they changed. Which almost explains why I thought I had the wrong version for a hot minute.
Hopefully, that means I should be able to get this version uploaded just in time for Bedlam to upload .953.

Still, I'm starting to think I should try and fix the issue with patreon and just start subbing for the game, rather than hunting it down every time. I was getting a copy from a saint on here, but it's rather impolite for me to take advantage of that kindness month in, month out.
No worries, thanks for the update!

Jun 27, 2017
I don't know if someone mentioned it, but armors seem totally broken. It always registers as me having no armors available even while I stare at a list of them and click on them. I changed the PC settings in the rag designer so that it will only say that if you have less then 0 armors and that seems to have fixed the problem on one of my saves but not the other. I don't know if the problem is a misplaced parenthesis in the player's settings or in the timers, but I assume it's something as simple as one of the two.

I like to mess around with the rags designers, with all the skill of an armless monkey bashing it's head on the keyboard.

EDIT: Actually, I seemed to have fix the bug by changing every instance of the word "clothing" to "armour" in the Encampment Stores - Armour section of the player actions tab. Looks like a copy/paste error. Had to wait a turn for the problem to work itself out but seems it did.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017
I was totally wrong. I was wondering if changes you make to the game even work on old saves, or if you have to start a new game for them to apply. You have to start a new game. Those changes I was trying break the game. Armless monkey, head and keyboard and all that.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I was totally wrong. I was wondering if changes you make to the game even work on old saves, or if you have to start a new game for them to apply. You have to start a new game. Those changes I was trying break the game. Armless monkey, head and keyboard and all that.
Old saves never work in RAGS games. There's some games that have export options to get around it, but it depends a lot on the individual game developer for what in an export is included.

Basically RAGS saves are a literal copy of the game used to create the save, not just a record of the variables. So any changes to the game file tend to break any saves from a previous game update.

Note that this may not apply to games made exclusively for RAGS 3.0+, but is true for all the older RAGS engine versions.

FourthSea

Donor
Nov 22, 2017
Old saves never work in RAGS games. There's some games that have export options to get around it, but it depends a lot on the individual game developer for what in an export is included.

Basically RAGS saves are a literal copy of the game used to create the save, not just a record of the variables. So any changes to the game file tend to break any saves from a previous game update.

Note that this may not apply to games made exclusively for RAGS 3.0+, but is true for all the older RAGS engine versions.
Yeah it kinda sucks, so I don't really play the game if I know an update is coming soon because it'll just wipe my progress with the new version

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
We have that in common. But there's a line about monkey's producing Shakespeare out there that I'm certain is relevant.
I'll take a look at your armour fix and if it works fluidly and without cutting content, I'll patch it in and forward it to Bedlam. That area ain't touched by the mod, it's Bedlam's side of things, so it's probably a solid idea to let 'im know.

Yeah it kinda sucks, so I don't really play the game if I know an update is coming soon because it'll just wipe my progress with the new version

Speaking of which:

Update is live. Took like four hours (not including all the time the internet dropped or the file finished and was corrupted) to upload, but it finally got here.

Only major change is the Assignment Adjuster.
I want to clarify something here, just for the same of glorious redundancy. It let's you choose the pool you draw from, not the assignment itself (which now that I've had time to play around, might happen one day).
There are three pools, Common, Uncommon, and Rare. The only one worth noting is Rare. Despite the naming convention, it also allows you to draw the Super Rare and Hidden Rare assignments (providing you've triggered them).

Have at 'er.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes