• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

omegasgundam

Apr 23, 2020
Other than the usual RAGS crashes, by only complaint is that pony training removes the cursed rose outfit on the leader. Hopefully it'll be fixed next update.

Reactions: Jaxter

Sovereign

Jun 8, 2017
Hi guys, I spotted a bit of an annoying issue, I don't know if it's a mod/game issue, or if it's known, but after finalizing a slave's transition to slaver, their description disappears from the examine option. It reappears if you re-enslave them.

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
Hi guys, I spotted a bit of an annoying issue, I don't know if it's a mod/game issue, or if it's known, but after finalizing a slave's transition to slaver, their description disappears from the examine option. It reappears if you re-enslave them.
Known issue with base game. Sometimes, if you add a trait to them, it will reset the slaver and re-display their description. But ya, this is the problem with stretching RAGS so far, it tends to break in weird ways...

Sovereign

Jun 8, 2017
Known issue with base game. Sometimes, if you add a trait to them, it will reset the slaver and re-display their description. But ya, this is the problem with stretching RAGS so far, it tends to break in weird ways...
Oh! Thanks for the tip and the quick response! I'll try it! There's also this other issue, but pretty sure it's the game: The change race option doesn't seem to work on you (via Backlash) when you're casting.

Off-Topic: Does anyone know of a way to change character portraits?

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
Oh! Thanks for the tip and the quick response! I'll try it! There's also this other issue, but pretty sure it's the game: The change race option doesn't seem to work on you (via Backlash) when you're casting.

It does work, it's just not 100% even with Rig Biomancy and backlash (you). The only way to "change portraits" is to manually edit the default pic for the race in RAGS Designer. Anytime you race change, it sets the portrait to race default portrait.

Sovereign

Jun 8, 2017
It does work, it's just not 100% even with Rig Biomancy and backlash (you). The only way to "change portraits" is to manually edit the default pic for the race in RAGS Designer. Anytime you race change, it sets the portrait to race default portrait.
It's not about the odds. When I set biomancy to work on both people, I do get two SHAZAMs telling me they're a different race, but I examine myself and I'm still the old race. Same after ending the day. Also tried single target, but doesn't matter which target I set, the slave/slaver is still the one getting changed.

I also don't lose racial aspects, nor gain the new ones. The only weird thing was when I picked black orc. It changed to a different portrait(of what I presume to be a different black orc), still no changes to race or descriptions though

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
It's not about the odds. When I set biomancy to work on both people, I do get two SHAZAMs telling me they're a different race, but I examine myself and I'm still the old race. Same after ending the day. Also tried single target, but doesn't matter which target I set, the slave/slaver is still the one getting changed.

I also don't lose racial aspects, nor gain the new ones. The only weird thing was when I picked black orc. It changed to a different portrait(of what I presume to be a different black orc), still no changes to race or descriptions though
Okay, so I checked my save and sure enough, I was able to change race 3 times. Then I created a new character and tried the same and you are right, it does not work. BUT! I was able to figure out why! On my current character, I have the Lago'Mae Biomancer (from the Aversol assignment) as a bed warmer (gives 10% increase chance to biomancy).

Frank N. Stein I think there might be a separate roll for this (maybe a chance = 0 roll that is different?), I'll look at it tomorrow and see if I can find it so you don't have to :p

Reactions: Sovereign

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
So, update should be out Friday-ish, providing I can blitz through the testing on the new update I was sent.

Okay, so I checked my save and sure enough, I was able to change race 3 times. Then I created a new character and tried the same and you are right, it does not work. BUT! I was able to figure out why! On my current character, I have the Lago'Mae Biomancer (from the Aversol assignment) as a bed warmer (gives 10% increase chance to biomancy).

Frank N. Stein I think there might be a separate roll for this (maybe a chance = 0 roll that is different?), I'll look at it tomorrow and see if I can find it so you don't have to :p

That would be most welcome! I'd be interested to see what you find just based on the fact that Change Race's outcomes shouldn't be affected by the biomancy variables at all. While the event is produced through biomancy, it only functions with loaded dice on because Bedlam still hasn't built it into the game himself. So the values for triggering everything should be static.

The lack of changing descriptions and racial traits is rather concerning. That was working last time I did a thorough test of it, and as there's nothing there for Bedlam to interact with (all the change race is mod only), any issues in this version should've popped up then.
Backlash with change race has been a problem in the past though, one that is hit or more with fixes. I'm fairly certain I even left a note at one just telling people not to do it because it was so finicky.

But yes, thank you. I'll get the mod updated to the current version, and after the light testing and uploading, do a tedious and time consuming test of biomancy to try and find where things are going wrong.

Sovereign

Jun 8, 2017
So, update should be out Friday-ish, providing I can blitz through the testing on the new update I was sent.

That would be most welcome! I'd be interested to see what you find just based on the fact that Change Race's outcomes shouldn't be affected by the biomancy variables at all. While the event is produced through biomancy, it only functions with loaded dice on because Bedlam still hasn't built it into the game himself. So the values for triggering everything should be static.

The lack of changing descriptions and racial traits is rather concerning. That was working last time I did a thorough test of it, and as there's nothing there for Bedlam to interact with (all the change race is mod only), any issues in this version should've popped up then.
Backlash with change race has been a problem in the past though, one that is hit or more with fixes. I'm fairly certain I even left a note at one just telling people not to do it because it was so finicky.

But yes, thank you. I'll get the mod updated to the current version, and after the light testing and uploading, do a tedious and time consuming test of biomancy to try and find where things are going wrong.
The description/aspect changes are working perfectly on the slaver/slave it's just that change race doesn't seem to work on myself at all when I'm casting. I just added it to make it clear that it wasn't just the race name or portrait that stayed the same, but everything about my character remained unchanged, even when picking biomancy to work on both targets and seeing two SHAZAMs (I didn't try with the Lago'Mae thing though, that's a nice little workaround provided it works).

Edit: I mean if you guys want to just add a change my race button, that'd be awesome as well, hell I'd even prefer it.
You guys have a patreon /paypal/buymeacoffee or anything?

Last edited:

Sovereign

Jun 8, 2017
Oh this one skipped my mind yesterday, but there's another minor issue with biomancy: When selecting victim as target, the exceptional result doesn't fire.

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017

Okay, first things first... I honestly haven't looked at your mod before (only modify some of the assignments to give better/different results) and I have to say, you did it the smart way by completely bypassing Bedlam's code. I couldn't find how bedlam's biomancy was firing race change, then notice you had all your own timers >.>

I really should get a debugger setup for RAGS (I know there was a way, but I can't remember it and my googlefu is failing me).

Bad news first: I can't say with any certainty that I found the cause (really want a debugger to see what timers are being pulled when, because jumping between 4 of them is just a pain :'( ). I'll spend a few more hours tomorrow after my Finals just to be through.

Good news: While looking through Bedlam's portion of Biomancy, I noticed a few things that might explain what is going on. Now, I don't know everything you did but I think I can point out some things that may narrow down some of the weird issues you have been having. I noticed that you pretty much wrote your own timers and the LD mod just switches to yours but Bedlam's timers are still always on. What I'm wondering is if there is a random conflict there (I remember a few releases ago, you had an issue where something was firing randomly, maybe corruption?), like if you are both calling the same variables and dice.

I could be on a completely wrong track (brain desperate for answers after 3 hours) and I'm tempted to throw it into IDA PRO because I swear Assembly will be easier to understand than how NH is written :'(

Reactions: Sovereign

Lady_Claire

Jul 5, 2017
-Biomancy Improvements

---Futafication and Race Changing is now enabled so Nearly Impossible no longer is actually Impossible. Nearly Impossible is now a base 10% and the various modifiers can affect that as any other option

---These are not their full power versions which are still planned for the final part of the Biomancy Storyline. As such Futafication will require Resilient (Res) and Strong (Str) for the attempt while Race Changes has a whole bunch of things that might disqualify them from the attempt including being Fel Tainted (Fel) or being one on of the more non-standard body sizes like lamia or driders.

---Races Changes in the non full power version works similar to how it did in Whorelock's Revenge and so races will have a set destination race. Meaning you might need to do two or many races changes depending on where they started from and where the target you're aiming for is on the chain.

---Futafication in the non full power version will likely need more Biomancy work on the cock and breasts to get them up to the proper Futa standard.

---Both have possible exceptional results.

from the changelog for the release (which also is on the site) might be getting some conflicts from that.

Sovereign

Jun 8, 2017
It'd be pretty darn cool to have this game remade in ren'py. A lot easier to follow the logic, fuck with the variables and just generally modify it. I started up the designer to make some minor modifications, and this stuff is legitimately tedious. took me entire minutes just to find WHERE to mess with the character creation. And I still don't know how I can remove racial negatives for it. I don't really get why people still mess with rags, but this game is good enough that I put up with it (thanks to this mod).

The Halo

Jan 19, 2018
rags is decent if you follow its logic. having the game mostly dialog choice based was not the intended way to do it. also with all the time it was worked on the code is a mess.

Reactions: frankensteiner316

Nebula Fox

Jun 15, 2018
It'd be pretty darn cool to have this game remade in ren'py. A lot easier to follow the logic, fuck with the variables and just generally modify it. I started up the designer to make some minor modifications, and this stuff is legitimately tedious. took me entire minutes just to find WHERE to mess with the character creation. And I still don't know how I can remove racial negatives for it. I don't really get why people still mess with rags, but this game is good enough that I put up with it (thanks to this mod).
Bedlam is currently in the process of porting the game to twine, but it's slow going.

vhawkes

Feb 6, 2018
Bedlam is currently in the process of porting the game to twine, but it's slow going.
Yeah, problem is, the guy is learning both Twine/Sugarcube and Javascript as he goes along. I saw a few of his posts like a year ago about how he was doing something inefficiently and basically had to start over. Unless he'd changed his MO in the meantime, I wouldn't expect anything in the near future.

The Halo

Jan 19, 2018
Frank when he was about to upload the new version this friday.

Bedlam: time for a bugfix *wink*

the old curse strikes again.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes