Stuk

Dec 29, 2017
Is the infinite cancel assignment bug in the rags version aswell? I like to read the descriptions of the assignments (dead wiki lul) and when i try to cancel it it basically comes full circle, it even messed up with already started assignments.

The only option at that point is either accept the assignment ( it will get stuck permanently ) reload a savegame or start from zero.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Is the infinite cancel assignment bug in the rags version aswell? I like to read the descriptions of the assignments (dead wiki lul) and when i try to cancel it it basically comes full circle, it even messed up with already started assignments.

The only option at that point is either accept the assignment ( it will get stuck permanently ) or reload or start from zero.
In the RAGS version, only very rarely but its easy to remedy by simply clicking the 'Slavers' or 'Slaves' seperators. Not clicking on the slaver or slave themselves but the big ass text boxes that say 'Slavers' and 'Slaves'. This will auto cancel the assignment as it reads those things as invalid targets.

Reactions: Stuk

Stuk

Dec 29, 2017
In the RAGS version, only very rarely but its easy to remedy by simply clicking the 'Slavers' or 'Slaves' seperators. Not clicking on the slaver or slave themselves but the big ass text boxes that say 'Slavers' and 'Slaves'. This will auto cancel the assignment as it reads those things as invalid targets.
It's a big deal in regalia then? Thanks will check it up.

LowEsteem

Feb 25, 2023
Anyone know where I could find information on the slave training paths? I played this ages back and I remember training a slave to have advanced something and being locked out of other options.

Aug 23, 2018
Anyone know where I could find information on the slave training paths? I played this ages back and I remember training a slave to have advanced something and being locked out of other options.
yeah the tertiary training, so lets say completing the beginner blowjob training and advanced blowjob training wont lock you out of anything but the third one, whatever its called, will lock you out of completing any other tertiary training. The only ones that will change your slave a lot without the third level are orc cum addiction and ponygirl.

Reactions: LowEsteem

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
There's a wiki but it isn't very good.

Tripping

Mar 16, 2018
I'm really enjoying the game however my long running saves eventually lead to the issue where RAGS stops responding when trying to display Slaver/Slave list for any random mission. I can usually continue from my previous save until it happens again and usually results in progress loss when I forget to save often. It really starts to be unplayable for me around 8th month, is there any solution/workaround?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying the game however my long running saves eventually lead to the issue where RAGS stops responding when trying to display Slaver/Slave list for any random mission. I can usually continue from my previous save until it happens again and usually results in progress loss when I forget to save often. It really starts to be unplayable for me around 8th month, is there any solution/workaround?
I know someone made some service pack somewhere that slightly improves the performance of RAGS, enough that it may be able to help with your freezing issue, but I'm not sure where to find an easy link to it... Let me see if copy/pasting an entire post from another forum works.

[quote author=figment link=topic=21255.msg763908#msg763908 date=1535512905]
Found a huge performance improvement for .NET BinarySerializer that vastly improves the performance of Rags saves for No Haven. It sped up loading a game save from 50 seconds to 10 seconds on my computer and appears to be very safe. The main requirement is that you have .NET 4.7.2 installed which I believe you have to install separately.

Here is an article about the change itself:

Here is a file for that for Rags.exe config. Just replace the existing config wherever you installed Rags. [mega]
[mega]

Ok so that was nice. I consider performance problems in Rags an interesting challenge so before I found this I hacked the Rags 2.4.16 version to be slightly faster though the config change is really nice.

What I did was the following (a little too much detail for most but whatever):
[list type=decimal]
[li]Remove the hidden save game that it does before you try to exit or hit the load menu. If you want to save use the save menu. Save several seconds of waiting.[/li]
[li]It sorts the variables and picture lists and then uses a binary search when trying to find things in the lists. Basically the game is doing linear searches through large lists constantly which is just bad programming.[/li]
[li]There was a slow Guid to string conversion that was being done constantly so I optimized that but left it as linear cause sorting the object list seemed to cause problems[/li]
[/list]
This stuff just speeds up little things over time which avoids some of the jumpiness when scheduling raids. But I've had few issues so I'm going to use both.

I cannot fix everything in Rags but these seem reasonably safe. Also this should work for any Rags game and not just No Haven.

Patched Executables Download:
[mega]

Warning: The patched files might cause problems that I'm not aware of so use at your own risk. Make backups and all that. The other config change should be totally safe.
[/QUOTE]

Another option would be using RAGS version 3.0.whatever, but that introduces a lot of other bugs and usability issues in exchange for better performance. (This includes some menu options outright missing, and an inability to scroll up to previous text when there are choices on the screen.) Also, I'm pretty sure you can't load your old saves from a different version of RAGS.

Tripping

Mar 16, 2018
I know someone made some service pack somewhere that slightly improves the performance of RAGS, enough that it may be able to help with your freezing issue, but I'm not sure where to find an easy link to it... Let me see if copy/pasting an entire post from another forum works.
Thanks for the help but sadly I've already installed .NET 4.7.2, used the config file and also used version 3.0.6 (also tried 2.4.16). I will try once more without going over 10 slaver/slave limit to see if it helps if not will wait for Twine version or whatever. It's a shame because I genuinely think that this is a great game...

slaynreborn

Jan 30, 2019
spent a few days on this. There's actually no end goal but my biggest peev is that you cannot change the portraits of characters at all. I just outright blacklist some races since they look ugly to my preferences and that. to me is an extremely terrible reason to block off content.

I wish you could pick different portraits or customize portraits from your own stash. Everyone has a stash... right?

Dec 24, 2020
Pain in the ass to get it working... RAGS is an.. interesting game engine.
Check out the Regalia version. It might be out of date though, I have not checked what the latest version is
Yea I can tell lol, been trying to make sense of the instructions or the error codes it gives me for hours but I'll just go to the regalia html version thanks for letting me know it existed

Delmiro

Sep 15, 2019
Guys, can I use the regalia to change the amount of gold, supplies, etc.? If so, how? It's just that hay doesn't work.

lamba

Jul 10, 2018
Quick question, how the fuck do I actually load a saved game... and have it actually load in properly? Something is always wrong when I try, either all my available assignments are reset, all my slavers and slaves lose thier names and just get numbers, or the save never loads at all.
Even when RAGs ran on modern systems, No Haven had serious problems in that it pushed the stability of the engine to the absolute limit. 1677802554489.png
What are the odds you saved while the 'click to continue' button was highlighted?

How the hell do you even run this game lol I'm at a loss
First you will want to download the rags engine if you haven't already. Although the software's author no longer maintains a website you can find it for download in several sources.

After you've installed the engine (Not recommending any specific source since I wont vouch for the security of any of these websites) you want to download the No Haven software itself. This software is old enough that any modern OS like Windows 10 will not automatically know to run No Haven using .rags so you will want to right click the program and click, "Open With..." and open the folder you installed .rags to. By default it'll be in your x86 program folder, because it's old software. Once you've created that association it should run normally just by double clicking No Haven.

Reactions: User1810

zerowin

Nov 8, 2019
Really wanted to try this game. It seems really my style. But can't install rags properly, I have followed every tutorial that is out there (probably) and nothing works, is it a dream to think that maybe the engine of this game could be changed?

Tripping

Mar 16, 2018
Really wanted to try this game. It seems really my style. But can't install rags properly, I have followed every tutorial that is out there (probably) and nothing works, is it a dream to think that maybe the engine of this game could be changed?
If you want to try the game you can follow the instructions here

Beware that the same problem I mentioned may happen to you so save often as possible:
Apparently a conversion of the game to Twine is in the works but it probably won't happen in foreseeable future.

Reactions: User1810
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes