TheHologram

Feb 15, 2018
I agree. The game is slow due to the over-complexity of the game. The game is simply way more complicated than it has to be in the backend and it is very much non-optimized. You could try my cheat mod, the link is in the original post as "Cheat by Semeicardia".
Glad I am not alone in seeing the loading time is terrible.
RAGS just sucks. Lots of linear searches and just bad behavior in the engine itself.

I've got my own hacks for RAGS which speed this game up. Saving and loading was much faster. The other stuff was faster but not amazing but still better than default and I think fully compatible or at least I never had issues with it.

https://f95zone.to/threads/no-haven-v0-871-tf-edition-bedlam-games.9229/page-11#post-1046536

Sep 10, 2018
I...don't really know either myself tbh. It's either the dev doesn't want to port to a more intuitive system because he's too used to it or he's too deep into the dev cycle of the game to "pull out" if you may forgive the expression. :sneaky:
Rest assured, he already is workingon another Port for the game, i didnt remember what was It, but If you Go to his patreon page you can find some posts about his progres, i think 2/3 of the game os alrrady converted to the New Program.

I'd like to try this game, but why is BBCode not parsing?

View attachment 397384
Try using an older version of Rags, like 2.4 or 2.6, the 3.1 hás those text insues.

Jul 29, 2018
Quote maybe I must've missed it but I wasn't able to find out the name of the new program but I'm happy to hear this news. Hope that I can actually play the game without all the info bombarded at my face like RAGS lmao. :whistle:

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Not a diss on this game or others like it, but I'm just curious. Does anyone make Rags games that aren't TF? Seems like the engine would work just as well for any type of game but I never see any but TF games.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Not a diss on this game or others like it, but I'm just curious. Does anyone make Rags games that aren't TF? Seems like the engine would work just as well for any type of game but I never see any but TF games.
There are quite a lot at the Hypnopics Collective of just mind control

Reactions: Csilla

Csilla

Donor
Aug 10, 2017
I ended up discovering No Haven due to cmacleod42 and his work with SlaveMaker, got me looking for other genre games. Thanks for all your work, :)

HornyJail420

Aug 4, 2017
There's a "update html" button on top
Yeah but it didn't work

EDIT : Also, it seems I can't open the game with RAGS 2.4.16 and I'm not buying a license for such a shitty engine so I guess I won't play this

Last edited:

letecikonj

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah but it didn't work

EDIT : Also, it seems I can't open the game with RAGS 2.4.16 and I'm not buying a license for such a shitty engine so I guess I won't play this
You are doing something wrong, licence is only for editor not player, and HTML should work but you need to do it after game has loaded and generally works next time game needs to render some text.

EDIT:

Also there is cracked version even for designer here on forums anyway

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-edit-rags-games.75/

HornyJail420

Aug 4, 2017
You are doing something wrong
Heh, I tried the three versions available and I can't load the game on an older version anyway, so only version 3.0.60 is valid

HTML should work but you need to do it after game has loaded and generally works next time game needs to render some text.
I did, RAGS opened with the game as I double-clicked the game, so it was loaded, and BBCode was still not rendering after I clicked options to create my character. Idk, RAGS is just utter shit I guess.

Ridaugo

Aug 22, 2017
The images do not appear, I clicked on something improper, or a bug from my pc, or is it the rags or is it the game?

Tazxman

Oct 9, 2017
Mhm, strangely enough i have an annoying error box that always come when i launch No Haven with Rags 3.0.6 Caspture.PNG

It's popping everytime and i don't know what it is or how to fix it. Though i don't have that problem with Rags 2.6 or 2.4. Did it happen to someone else ? Thanks in advance if anyone as a fix for that.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
I don't get all the RAGS hate. I admit, this is the only game I've ever played that even uses it, but I haven't had it bug out or crash on me even once. Am I missing something?

tioafa4

Jul 12, 2018
I gather that RAGS is either near or at the end of its lifecycle, so perhaps it's partially just a matter of it being old and reminiscent of another era of gaming? I've had a fair number of bugs with this game, but no crashes. It's actively being ported to Twine anyway, so the discussion will probably be old news in a year's time.

Reactions: Trapquest

Sep 10, 2018
I don't get all the RAGS hate. I admit, this is the only game I've ever played that even uses it, but I haven't had it bug out or crash on me even once. Am I missing something?
Sometimes i get a hardlock when a lot of slavers are doing slave training, other than that, just the old "wait the games loads".

Lust Demon

Apr 22, 2018
Wait until you have 2 slavers go off on a 2 day mission and never come back. Reload to a save before you sent them and have the same thing happen again. And again.

Basically, play long enough and you'll hate it. Otherwise, the game is awesome. Out of all the ones I've downloaded and played from this site, I didn't stop because I got bored or ran out of content. I stopped because it broke.

Reactions: dumbass55

Damoriva

Nov 16, 2018
Wait until you have 2 slavers go off on a 2 day mission and never come back. Reload to a save before you sent them and have the same thing happen again. And again.
Because you haven't done anything to advance the seeded RNG, the exact same result will happen every time. It's why reloading in XCOM after a miss and taking the shot again will result in another miss.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Yep, what a lot of people don't know is that most RNGs aren't really random. They just look up values from seemingly random other memory locations in a preset sequence and use those. So anytime you reload you're reloading the same values and the same place in the sequence, thus you get the same results.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes