RJP

Aug 12, 2017
Is horrible when during the game he returns to the creation of the character. It usually happens after loading save, quicksave too. Not to mention that saving and loading is super slow.

Reactions: Storm4n

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Is horrible when during the game he returns to the creation of the character. It usually happens after loading save, quicksave too. Not to mention that saving and loading is super slow.
I agree. The game is slow due to the over-complexity of the game. The game is simply way more complicated than it has to be in the backend and it is very much non-optimized. You could try my cheat mod, the link is in the original post as "Cheat by Semeicardia".
I am currently working on making a No Haven Remake or a No Haven-like, I am not entirely sure yet, regardless the game I am working on will achieve to do what No Haven does, but in a less taxing way, by optimizing the backend of the game - and this also makes it a lot easier adding cheat / mod functionality to the game. I am not getting a lot of work done on it currently, as I am focusing on my exams until the end of May at which point I will start to put more focus back to the development of the remake / No Haven-like. Once I am done with my game, I plan on porting it to the web.

Gaggy

Aug 23, 2016
I agree. The game is slow due to the over-complexity of the game. The game is simply way more complicated than it has to be in the backend and it is very much non-optimized. You could try my cheat mod, the link is in the original post as "Cheat by Semeicardia".
I am currently working on making a No Haven Remake or a No Haven-like, I am not entirely sure yet, regardless the game I am working on will achieve to do what No Haven does, but in a less taxing way, by optimizing the backend of the game - and this also makes it a lot easier adding cheat / mod functionality to the game. I am not getting a lot of work done on it currently, as I am focusing on my exams until the end of May at which point I will start to put more focus back to the development of the remake / No Haven-like. Once I am done with my game, I plan on porting it to the web.
nice i bet it will be awesome
are you planning to add more pictures?

Reactions: Semeicardia

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
This game is quite overwhelming and many things are not explained, so is there guide or some tips?
Thanks in advance.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
This game is quite overwhelming and many things are not explained, so is there guide or some tips?
Thanks in advance.
Have you played the Tutorial? I know this may sound like an obvious question, but it is better to confirm than assume.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
Have you played the Tutorial? I know this may sound like an obvious question, but it is better to confirm than assume.
I did read ingame tutorial, and I know how to send people on assigments and some other basic stuff, but problem is that much of game mechanics are unexplained, such as; 1) main slave stats like condition (I understand it's slave health/stamina, but how to raise it when camp followers constantly use slaves) or will ( which I assume is better the lower it is).
2) Then, is there ingame difference between armor/clothes apart from quality level?
3) Can you upgrade your encampment?
4) Can you forbid other slavers to use your slaves.
5) Is there a main story/quests?
6) Some general hints shared would be helpful ( some traits that are useful/fun to play and gameplay tricks if someone knows).

Sorry for many question, but game have quite step learning curve and being made in RAGS doesn't help.
Thanks in advance.

Gaggy

Aug 23, 2016
I did read ingame tutorial, and I know how to send people on assigments and some other basic stuff, but problem is that much of game mechanics are unexplained, such as; 1) main slave stats like condition (I understand it's slave health/stamina, but how to raise it when camp followers constantly use slaves) or will ( which I assume is better the lower it is).
2) Then, is there ingame difference between armor/clothes apart from quality level?
6) Some general hints shared would be helpful ( some traits that are useful/fun to play and gameplay tricks if someone knows).

Sorry for many question, but game have quite step learning curve and being made in RAGS doesn't help.
Thanks in advance.
if ur slaves condition and will are at 0 or low click on make use of on a slave and then click care for them it will rise those both
if u heff guards u can always tell em to guard a slave

Reactions: Daba

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017

Thanks in advance.
1) Condition, is like a health bar as you correctly identified, you want to keep it high.
Will is a little tricky. High will means the slave will be more resistant to training, low will means the slave will try to escape, so you want to keep it somewhat balanced.
2) The Clothing system is unfinished and is going to be changed in future versions.
3) You can not upgrade the encampment itself, but you can put your slaves into roles, such as slaves with Crafting: Cooking in the cook role to reduce the consumption of rations or in the guard role to protect your slaves from being abused AND prevent slaves from escaping. There are a bunch of other roles that can benefit your encampment.
4) You can NOT forbid your slavers from using your slaves, but you can have your slaves guarded by guards (You have to put some slavers into this role if you want guards) or send all your slavers on assignments so they will not be in camp.
5) There are some quests and events that are tied together, but there are no main quest. Your goal is simply to become successful so you can gather enough gold. If you get 5000 gold I believe it is, you get the option to end the game or continue playing. That IS the ONLY win-condition as far as I am aware.
6) Different roles and assignments require different traits to be successful. While you can put slaver in the cook role, only slavers with the Crating: Cooking trait will be successful. Any slaver in the cooking role will slowly gain XP in the Crafting:Cooking trait and eventually get it, but it will take A LONG TIME. You generally want a couple of different slavers for assignments. You want a strength-based slaver (traits like monstrous, strong) for combat-based assignment. You want an agile-based slaver (traits like Stealthy, Agile, Fast) for infiltration assignments. For slave training assignments you want slavers with the Trainer trait and probably also the Dominant trait. Depending on what training you want to do some other traits might be good, such as Sadist if you want to train pain-sluts.
You do want to acquire slavers with the various crafting and magic traits though, as they really help. The Magic: Biomancy
trait is pretty awesome, as it allows you to reshape slavers and slaves and potentially yourself. Magic: Corruption have some nice content too. Though the Biomancy and Corruption mechanics are going to be reworked in the future.

For a nicer experience, I would suggest you try my cheat-mod which has a pretty decent feature-set and will make your experience MUCH better and much more fun (since it will remove some frustration).

twaddledee

Oct 10, 2017
He released a playable 0.8 version to some people on Discord, and in his last update said he was close to a release.

Reactions: Gaggy

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Someone should commission him to port the game to different engine
He is currently porting one of his other games, Whorelock's Revenge, from Rags to HTML. Once that is done, maybe we will get an official HTML port of No Haven, but it might take a year or more before we get to that point.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Damn the concept is great but the game is exceedingly unwieldy, crazy slow load times, glitchy UI with the restarting game in the mid of your current game, the UI is a pain...

Let's hope it gets ported to something other than RAGS cuz it has lots of potential

Reactions: Daba
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes