VN Ren'Py Abandoned No More Golden Days [Act 1 Fix] [Studio Kuma]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

sappho

Aug 31, 2017
I care about historical accuracy, I'm just not so self centred as to try and force that on developers who are free to do whatever they want. This is not a documentary, there is no obligation to be historically accurate, even if the idea that no noblewoman ever degraded herself in the eyes of her peers was believable, which it is not. You can very easily argue that Cornelia is an exception, or it is based on a lurid story told by plebs to make themselves feel better about being oppressed by the elites, or whatever.
Another thing to consider is who is telling us, from the Roman era, that patricians were united and virtuous? It was the patricians themselves, with a vested interest in maintaining the reputation of virtue, respectability and dignity. They are not reliable commentators on their own class, and even under those circumstances there is plenty of evidence to suggest that Roman noblewomen (and men) were up to all sorts of sexual adventures.

The bottom line is you are trying to hold a developer in 2019 to a standard that the Romans themselves would have failed spectacularly, both in their fiction and their reality.

I don't want to continue derailing Messieurs game thread so I shall not respond again to this.

tonicase24

May 10, 2019
Messieurs
fucking your mouth..or being forced to give a blow job..was a pretty hard core insult in rome..but not unheard of.and this is a game,so do as you please..BTW love your game

Reactions: Studio Kuma
Jul 12, 2017
I love the graphics of the game. I real looker, congrats!

Update :) Is it possible to have the main screen with the statue bust without sperm on it? Would make a nice wallpaper...just an idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Studio Kuma

Studio Kuma

The Broke Dev
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2019
Is it possible to have the main screen with the statue bust without sperm on it? Would make a nice wallpaper...just an idea.
:ROFLMAO: The full-resolution wallpapers are reserved for patrons. I post monthly poster on Patreon site.

Jul 12, 2017
:ROFLMAO: The full-resolution wallpapers are reserved for patrons. I post monthly poster on Patreon site.
It was not so much the resolution, but the bust sans sperm for "everyday" use. ;)
Update: LOL, I new I saw it somewhere: the background of the patreon page. ;)

Last edited:

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
Well, you just gained a new patreon. Absolutely love your work, a part of me hates you for this much quality because it means it'll take a lot more to finish producing the game, but I guess everything has a price, and this is worth it.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes