VN Ren'Py Abandoned No More Golden Days [Act 1 Fix] [Studio Kuma]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
So far so good,, I'm waiting for this game to be updated and as of next, I'll wait till next year. I believe that the game would be worth the wait.
I agree. To be honest I'm more excited about this game than other Studio Kuma's game Milky Touch. I mean there are so many games where a guy fucks his relatives. It is getting old. But this game's setting of Ancient Rome is quite uncommon.
The problem is that this game, as far as understand was supposed to be rapey. A lot of non-consentual sex and so on. The good stuff that was banned by Patreon. Maybe there is a way around it like Decent Monkey does where the main character "agrees" to do everything.

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
I agree. To be honest I'm more excited about this game than other Studio Kuma's game Milky Touch. I mean there are so many games where a guy fucks his relatives. It is getting old. But this game's setting of Ancient Rome is quite uncommon.
The problem is that this game, as far as understand was supposed to be rapey. A lot of non-consentual sex and so on. The good stuff that was banned by Patreon. Maybe there is a way around it like Decent Monkey does where the main character "agrees" to do everything.
Maybe he can continue with support of buymeacoffee or subscribestar as payment methods

Reactions: Studio Kuma

JJ993

Jan 26, 2018
If we survive through August, and suppose production begin in August since we would focus solely on our main project Milky Touch until August. we could do One scene for NMGD each month, so 4-5 scenes would mean our next update should be out in 2021 Q2.
Are you able to give any update/teaser on the production of No More Golden Days? It would be great to at least know that it is being developed!

Studio Kuma

The Broke Dev
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2019
Are you able to give any update/teaser on the production of No More Golden Days? It would be great to at least know that it is being developed!
Yeah totally, but you may be disappointed.

The current plan is to put it on hold, we want to make it more than a VN to present an amazing ancient world of Rome for the world but I don't think the structure we laid out for NMGD a year ago would be sufficient to fulfill our goal there.

I don't want to deliver it in a simple VN form because I think there will be so many good potentials and opportunities wasted.

So the current plan is to keep the title on hold. Finish Milky Touch first and see if we are capable enough to deliver it in the form we wanted (Unity-based SLG or even ARPG) and then we will decide what to do with it.

Believe me, I love this game so very much, and that is exactly why I want to take our time with it, not rushing updates out and ruin it in the end.

Hope that all make sense. We'll eventually come back to it, and that is a promise.

Last edited:

JJ993

Jan 26, 2018

The current plan is to put it on hold, we want to make it more than a VN to present an amazing ancient world of Rome for the world but I don't think the structure we laid out for NMGD a year ago would be sufficient to fulfill our goal there.

I don't want to deliver it in a simple VN form because I think there will be so many good potentials and opportunities wasted.

So the current plan is to keep the title on hold. Finish Milky Touch first and see if we are capable enough to deliver it in the form we wanted (Unity-based SLG or even ARPG) and then we will decide what to do with it.

Believe me, I love this game so very much, and that is exactly why I want to take our time with it, not rushing updates out and ruin it in the end.

Hope that all make sense. We'll eventually come back to it, and that is a promise.

Ok, well that's a huge shame in many respects but I am pleased to hear that you don't intend to forget about it entirely - fingers crossed that this isn't years away...!! Happy to hear about the scope of the game potentially being increased, hopefully this would retain the dark/gritty theme of the original and not dispense with that plot entirely? :\

• Red Heart

Studio Kuma

The Broke Dev
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2019
Ok, well that's a huge shame in many respects but I am pleased to hear that you don't intend to forget about it entirely - fingers crossed that this isn't years away...!! Happy to hear about the scope of the game potentially being increased, hopefully this would retain the dark/gritty theme of the original and not dispense with that plot entirely? :\
There will be no changes to the overall theme but the plot would likely to receive a huge adjustment

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
This game reminds me of sparta series love how dark and kinky it is, this game could have so much potential hope patreon rules wont fuck this up ,would be sad if this game turns into less dark them.Hope we can play evil and beta in an evil world could be so good and kinky:love:

asgir546

Oct 15, 2019
This game reminds me of sparta series love how dark and kinky it is, this game could have so much potential hope patreon rules wont fuck this up ,would be sad if this game turns into less dark them.Hope we can play evil and beta in an evil world could be so good and kinky:love:
1607606587735.png What do you mean, "sparta series" ?

Feb 26, 2019
I agree that harem VNs with the MC fucking his entire family are getting old and pretty juvenile, but to be honest Milky Touch was never really that kind of game. Ever since its very first RPGM version it was clear that neither Claudia nor any other women in the game were supposed to be related to the protagonist, and it seems they only included the option to change the relationships because of the insistence of players who so desperately wanted it to be an incest game. It's pretty obvious when seeing that changing the type of relationship doesn't really alter the gameplay that much, and sometimes even goes unnoticed.
Nevertheless, I too think NMGD is massively underrated but also understand that that is likely due to its delayed development/being put on hold. But like the devs have said, better take their time and do things how they want to instead of just rushing out something forgettable. :coffee:

Deleted member 40068

May 22, 2017

Glad to hear that it isn't being discontinued for good. While we wait, have you thought about making some teasers/renders/animations to keep the interest growing?

MenmaYu

Broke as hell :3
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
There will be no changes to the overall theme but the plot would likely to receive a huge adjustment
Oh look! Two broke devs :D
Anyways, Happy New Year and I hope this year you can continue this game.
"Milky Touch" is a good game so I want this one to flourish as well.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017

I know this is so late it's almost necroposting but that sounds like the best possible decision you could make as a developer.

By the way, the art in both this and Milky Touch is incredible. Whoever is doing the art is doing an excellent job with the skin, especially at drawing softness with the shading in the way fingers make little indentations in thighs and bellies. The pose in this game looks a lot like they modelled it off the rape of Proserpina but I could just be imagining it. The faces are really nicely done too, they do a great job of giving the right impression of gorgeous bone structures. This is one of the only games I'm aware of where the 2D characters actually look genuinely like people, and like women other women would actually be envious of in real life. The artist is just phenomenal.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes