Fan Art No More Money Fan Art

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
After reinstall and even changing hair to a different OOT, 2022-02 I get the same results. Even picked bright blonde as the hair color.

According to the threads on the DAZ forums there are a bunch of fixes expected next week. Also Sabby had to fix a bunch of characters of his (SASE) as they would error out when loading. It was a syntax error that apparently older versions of DAZ simply ignored. Mostly errors in the makeup duf files.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
MrPerson28475 would you be so kind as to check something for me?

I assume you are using an nVidia card, what driver version are you on?
Also in your render settings, is Spectral Render Enable off or on?

All is not lost, I still have my old PC with two 1080Ti cards in it and it is still on DAZ 4.16

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I use an nvidia rtx 3060 with 12GB, Latest Driver 511.79

Most of my settings are Daz default. However I do use Mesh Lights and turn off "Auto Headlamp", "Draw Dome" and "Environment Map" set to 0.
Screenshot (115).png
Screenshot (116).png
Screenshot (117).png
Screenshot (118).png
Screenshot (119).png
Screenshot (120).png
Screenshot (121).png
Screenshot (122).png
Screenshot (123).png
Screenshot (124).png
Screenshot (125).png
All "Fog" settings are default.

Reactions: Shaneride and J_V_D

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
MrPerson28475 Thanks for that, our settings aren't very different, I have some exposure settings in Tonemapping that are different and I generally use Sun/Sky rather than a dome for test renders and set Environment Light Resolution to 1024, but haven't tested that thoroughly to see if it actually helps. Also, with a 3090 I upped the defaults in Max Samples, Max Time and Rendering Converged Ratio. Also I set Max Path Length to 8 as I find that beyond that it just takes longer to render with no noticeable improvement in render quality. Your -1 setting basically tells DAZ to keep path tracing the light until it's too dim and that generally ends up in averaging 16-20 for length.

I will monitor the DAZ forums to see if there are any solutions to the rendering issue.

Oh one more thing I almost forgot, I use NVCleanInstall to strip out all telemetry, GeForce Experience, PhysX and a lot of useless crap out of the nVidia driver install. Maybe it is a bit too aggressive.

Reactions: MrPerson28475

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Woohoo!!!! :) (y)
New beta of Daz version 4.20.0.3 and the renders seem to be working again! At least I can now render OOT hair in the color that was selected. Back with new stuff tomorrow. Other stuff is broken, like the menus are all in the wrong spots but rendering works again.

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
This is more of a message directed at royalcandy.

I was able to get the current release of 4.20.0.2 to render correctly and I do like the new volumetric fire and clouds that are now part of DAZ. Obviously it didn't seem to affect everyone as MrPerson28475 can render OOT hair properly, but I could not. So I installed the Beta version. Once I started comparing directories I found an interesting item. The dzirayrenderer.dll (in the plugins subdirectory) was 3KB bigger in the Beta than in the Release version, but they are both using the same version of iRay. So I copied the Beta version of that file to the Release directory and rendering now works properly in Iray.

For everyone else.

If you use Ghost Lights the are 100% broken. nVidia decided that there was a bug in the way Thin Film was implemented (DAZ had no part of this, it is all nVidia). So nVidia decided to fix their bug. That fix made ghost lights not work. It is not Daz's fault, it wasn't identified as a bug until nVidia decided to 'fix' it. So if you have scenes that use a lot of ghost lights then they may all be broken.
Cheers, well since all my scenes use Ghost Lights I don't think I'm ready yet to upgrade my Daz. Probably I'll start using the Beta version and redo the light for the scenes there and once everything goes well, I'll upgrade the Production version too.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
royalcandy
Part of that quote is incorrect, that's why the post is deleted. You cannot move the .dll file to the release. It breaks everything. Also please note that for many people (myself included) the Beta has messed up menus. Everything is in the wrong place. But at least it renders.

I am pretty sure that 4.20.0.2 will be gone in a few days replaced with a beta as it seems to fix a bunch of issues.

Also Sickleyield has which mimics a lot of what Ghost Lights used to do and is compatible with the fixed IRAY from nVidia. She does great work with DAZ.

Reactions: royalcandy

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hey does someone remember the name of the apartment asset I know I wrote it down somewhere but I can't find the paper I wrote it on. I know the outside is New York Brownstones, and the MC's bedroom is Attic Bedroom. but I can't remember the other rooms.

Besides this I am looking for the Charlotte's bedroom, it is different than the bedroom the MC shared with Tris.

Exterior main residence
Interior main residence
MC's bedroom
Local Park
Darlene's office
Katrina's office = Boss Office
Katrina's club
Darlene and Katrina's apartment
Gym and showers
Local coffee shop
Bea's house
Night spot from episode 3
Local beach

Last edited:

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Hey does someone remember the name of the apartment asset I know I wrote it down somewhere but I can't find the paper I wrote it on. I know the outside is New York Brownstones, and the MC's bedroom is Attic Bedroom. but I can't remember the other rooms.

Besides this I am looking for the Charlotte's bedroom, it is different than the bedroom the MC shared with Tris.

Exterior main residence
Interior main residence
MC's bedroom
Local Park
Darlene's office
Katrina's office = Boss Office
Katrina's club
Darlene and Katrina's apartment
Gym and showers
Local coffee shop
Bea's house
Night spot from episode 3
Local beach
Charlotte' room, Tris' room are custom made.

Reactions: Old Dog

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
READ the README please.
This is with regards to m4dsk1llz Tris 8.1 figure (from his NMM 8.1 Assets download) here.
It showed four missing files that are .png, (Not bothered about the "shoes" file) this gave Tris a silver colored face, the original SASE Elicia files affected are .jpg, I copied, renamed and saved them as .png. Extract, Copy and Paste these into the Daz SASE Elicia Textures folder:
C:\Daz 3d\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\SASE\Elicia
These will be added to the original SASE Elicia textures folder and will no longer show as missing.
Had to compress and upload individually as one .zip file with all four images was to big to upload

Reactions: J_V_D

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Just in case anyone is wondering why I save my Fan Art characters as a Scene Subset instead of a Scene. The subset allows you to only select the Fan Art character and nothing else, no render settings, no environment settings, no props, etc. I have not tried to save then as a Character Preset as I am not sure what is included in the saved file.

The other advantage of the Scene Subset is that if you set up a scene that is just the environment/scenery/props/cameras/lights/etc. you can pop in and out character subsets without changing anything that you have set up previously.