VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 150 Votes

sBeDs

Nov 11, 2021
ok, so after unzipping there was two things i found suspicious in the game folder, a desktop.ini file containing the following lines
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and a folder names "Rubbish" with a "tmp" folder inside containing a file with no extension named "lock"(witch seems to be empty after opening it in notepad), so just for fun i did a quick "virus" search of this thread, witch returned a lots of results!! XD seems this game as triggered a few people's antivirus lol(mostly win defender from a quick glance)!! so just to be on the safe side i deleted both the ini and the rubbish folder before launching the game, the game still starts normally, and haven't triggered the oh so mighty defender so far!! XD i'm not a pro programmer, and never had to wrote a desktop.ini, but i do dabble in programming as a hobby, and the fact the .ini is pointing to "MEGAsync.exe" in a non-existent user folder(who's "ovist"??) is kinda suspicious to me!!! :p

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
ok, so after unzipping there was two things i found suspicious in the game folder, a desktop.ini file containing the following lines
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and a folder names "Rubbish" with a "tmp" folder inside containing a file with no extension named "lock"(witch seems to be empty after opening it in notepad), so just for fun i did a quick "virus" search of this thread, witch returned a lots of results!! XD seems this game as triggered a few people's antivirus lol(mostly win defender from a quick glance)!! so just to be on the safe side i deleted both the ini and the rubbish folder before launching the game, the game still starts normally, and haven't triggered the oh so mighty defender so far!! XD i'm not a pro programmer, and never had to wrote a desktop.ini, but i do dabble in programming as a hobby, and the fact the .ini is pointing to "MEGAsync.exe" in a non-existent user folder(who's "ovist"??) is kinda suspicious to me!!! :p
Lately it has become a bad programmer habit to put program files in Appdata (Discord does that as well, so does the business software in our company ... bah!). That's not what the folder is meant for. Programs should always go to "program files", Appdata is for ... Tadaa!! yes you guessed right: data. But lazy programmers who don't want to be concerned with elevated access rights (program installations and updates should require admin rights on a safe system) just put the whole thing to Appdata where any program started by the user can write to.

desktop.ini is the file in which Windows stores certain folder settings, like the displayed icon or an alias name.
A lock file (usually called "~lock" or ".lock") is often used to preven multiple access to the same resources. If the software can't write the file, then it means that another instance is blocking the access, so it will abort. Usuall the file is empty (file size 0) and can be deleted at any time.

Conclusion: Most likely the person ("ovist") who created the archive had megasync installed in appdata and created the archive while megasync was running. He or she just put everything into the archive without excluding the junk files.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
1652472528244.png
Hi guys,
How are you? I hope everybody is doing fine.

PROGRESS STATUS

This past week was not the best one, because I was not happy with the text, so I've have modified the text and plan a few times already. This episode and the next one are very important in our main character development so it has to be perfect, that's why I struggle to write the text.

The initial plan was to finish writing the text by the end of this week, but there are still a few events to write and maybe some other events to rewrite.

Beside the text I have finished setting up my new machine, so hopefully next week I will finally start to use it for development of the game.

That being said I hope you all

Last edited:

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
I really like the game in general, but I noticed that what I believe to be impactful choices were practically non-existent in the last updates and I hope we get some options back in future.

Also I chose the "bad boy" path early on, and the MC is so loving and bantering caring that I can't imagine what the love path looks like. I would love an option to corrupt Tris more smartly, rather than being the superhero older brother to her.

Eckbert

Oct 9, 2018
Probably not a common opinion, but the constant family banter is tiring. It feels like every single conversation between MC and Tris is banter from the beginning to the end with not a sincere word in between. And it is only slightly better with Charlotte.

Reactions: Boldano
Sep 19, 2017
I'm missing some of the achievements and memories. Can someone tell me which path i need to stick to see those?

I'm missing s2e2 last memory and s2e6 first 2 memories (didn't play ep7 yet). Thank you in advance.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Probably a big unpopular opinion: I don't really care for the romance with the mom, and his aunt. I don't mind the sister stuff but I honestly enjoy the romances with Emma, Lisa, Lauren more or that's just me?

At first, I thought Emma was good digger but after finding out she have abandonment issues and Daddies made like her and explains on why she's scare to lose the MC. I couldn't do the cheating route with her because of that.

Also I like both Lisa & Lauren but I prefer Lisa for the romance while Lauren is great in terms of sex which is pretty much the point.

Including, getting more Beatrice content in the future, I like her.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Echbert and Nemo56

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Probably a big unpopular opinion: I don't really care for the romance with the mom, and his aunt. I don't mind the sister stuff but I honestly enjoy the romances with Emma, Lisa, Lauren more or that's just me?

At first, I thought Emma was good digger but after finding out she have abandonment issues and Daddies made like her and explains on why she's scare to lose the MC. I couldn't do the cheating route with her because of that.

Also I like both Lisa & Lauren but I prefer Lisa for the romance while Lauren is great in terms of sex which is pretty much the point.

Including, getting more Beatrice content in the future, I like her.
You are one of the few ones, yes. If it was not for the great pool scene which you get to see if you hook up with both Charlotte and Tris, I would have closed Charlottes path completely. But most people here are into moms, so she's not going to vanish for sure. The others ... Apart from Tris so far nothing really "got" me. There is just nothing special about them (not talking about render/model quality). It would be nice to see some more bitching between Triss and Emma, but since Emma is no favorite, I don't think she will play a major role.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alphaeboy

DragonMatt

Aug 17, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/story/episode8.rpy", line 29, in script call
    call episode8_morning from _call_episode8_morning
  File "game/story/episode8.rpy", line 246, in script
    $charlotte_path = check_flags(charlotte_required_flags, 3)
  File "game/story/episode8.rpy", line 246, in <module>
NameError: name 'check_flags' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "story/script.rpyc", line 64, in script call
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\NoMoreMoney-2.6.2-pc\NoMoreMoney-2.6.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\NoMoreMoney-2.6.2-pc\NoMoreMoney-2.6.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
No More Money 2.6.2
Mon May 16 23:09:35 2022
why am I getting this code?

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "story/script.rpyc", line 64, in script call
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\NoMoreMoney-2.6.2-pc\NoMoreMoney-2.6.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\NoMoreMoney-2.6.2-pc\NoMoreMoney-2.6.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
No More Money 2.6.2
Mon May 16 23:09:35 2022
why am I getting this code?
You're playing a modded version of the game which missed a script.

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
This breaks auto-forward for no reason:

Code:
$ ui.saybehavior()
$ ui.interact()
Use pause instead.

There's more bad Ren'py, like the mc character name, but I'm too lazy to code review.

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
This breaks auto-forward for no reason:

Code:
$ ui.saybehavior()
$ ui.interact()
Use pause instead.

There's more bad Ren'py, like the mc character name, but I'm too lazy to code review.
I might be wrong, but when using pause don't you still have an empty text box?

4.20 star(s) 150 Votes