VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I already Patron like $30/month to different devs (before taxes) and some games are cool for free but not IMO worth paying. If the dev releases it for free it's perfectly legal. Probably is anyway. I doubt many devs bother registering a copyright.
Sure, some publish for free, but that's not many.
I doubt that those who sell their games on commercial sites see it that way. You don't need to register the IP btw, it's more than enough to add a textfile with the licencing model (free to use, general public licence, GPL2, MIT, whatever). It's not about someone creating a rip-off, but distributing your creation without permission. For that you don't need to register a IP or a copyright somewhere, you automatically have it.

I'm not judging. I am perfectly aware of what I am doing here. I just don't do subscriptions. I buy finished games or support creators on Kickstarters who have a business plan and had to put in some thoughts into how they want to realize their project.
If one of the games I like makes it to itch.io or GOG, I usually buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Hacker

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I doubt many devs bother registering a copyright.
You don't have to register it.

You don’t need to register a copyright to own a copyright – but you should.

Copyrights are created the moment the work is created. If you draw an original picture, the minute the picture is complete, you own copyright protection in that picture.

Reactions: Nemo56

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
I gotta agree here. Making plans about remastering an "old game" (from 2020) while there is still at least a year's worth of promised development left for NMM is frankly, ridiculous. Not only is there no need for that, but a waste of resources as well. Invest in new franchise/game rather than spend months remastering a game that is modern by every imaginable standard today.
i mean geez cut the creator some slack they update us all the time, unlike most creators this game takes at least 2 or 3 plus I can see NMS being remastered after NMM. Where did you see the royalcandy saying it's going to be done now?

Because remastering that game will take longer than NMM, I honestly want a remaster of the game.

Plus, I can see this game ending next year.

I have feeling were going to get the entirety of season 3 this year, and hopefully the start of season 4.

Reactions: KrusherKev

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I gotta agree here. Making plans about remastering an "old game" (from 2020) while there is still at least a year's worth of promised development left for NMM is frankly, ridiculous. Not only is there no need for that, but a waste of resources as well. Invest in new franchise/game rather than spend months remastering a game that is modern by every imaginable standard today.
A lot of AAA game developers are doing the same thing the past couple of years because they know they can't create something new that is decent, so they go back and remaster something old because they lack creativity.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
It's not as if a computer can't render while the user is writing or setting up new stuff. Even the a dev works alone he can rerender the old stuff while doing some actualy work on the next episodes.
And his current work is on a whole different level as the early NMS renderings, so ... why not?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alphaeboy

KrusherKev

Aug 23, 2022
i mean geez cut the creator some slack they update us all the time, unlike most creators this game takes at least 2 or 3 plus I can see NMS being remastered after NMM. Where did you see the royalcandy saying it's going to be done now?

Because remastering that game will take longer than NMM, I honestly want a remaster of the game.

Plus, I can see this game ending next year.

I have feeling were going to get the entirety of season 3 this year, and hopefully the start of season 4.
Minimum of probably six episodes per season, the game has gotten big and lots different sub-plots developing, so figure three months needed to produce an episode. With S3 E2 being released shortly in Feb 2023, and say ten episodes or so after that, my guess is the game finishes in roughly Nov / Dec 2025. I'm ok with more episodes and not ending that early, absolutely great game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: IFF01 and Alphaeboy

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Hell, there are some devs that it's like a year to release a new one, which is ridiculous, unless it's a really huge update like in Light of my Life.

DrinkSlinger

Nov 11, 2020
No... The saves are not located where the game is installed. There might be a save folder there, but the actual saves are somewhere in your %appdata% folder. So you can even delete the game and install it after a few weeks and you will still have the same saves as before. The same thing goes for most RenPy games.
Cool, got it ! Thanks for the assist :)

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Well my main focus will be NMM, I am not going to change that. I like working on this game. When I said that the NMS will be remastered I meant that I will redo the lighting for every room, then load each scene from NMS with the new lighting. Only the loading will take around 5 minutes on my other machine. So every 5 minutes I'm taking a break for half a minute to place the camera better if needed and save. That's it. I won't spend too much time on this, except from when all the renders are done. Then I will need a few Saturdays to fix things.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Well my main focus will be NMM, I am not going to change that. I like working on this game. When I said that the NMS will be remastered I meant that I will redo the lighting for every room, then load each scene from NMS with the new lighting. Only the loading will take around 5 minutes on my other machine. So every 5 minutes I'm taking a break for half a minute to place the camera better if needed and save. That's it. I won't spend too much time on this, except from when all the renders are done. Then I will need a few Saturdays to fix things.
Thank you for clearing that up, though you didn't owe us any explanation.
To be clear, I wasn't opposed to the idea of a remaster completely, but for the foreseeable future. A full-on remaster of a game that is only a couple of years old would hinder your growth as a creator greatly, I genuinely believe that. Remasters are usually done when the game/medium's age begins to show egregiously, and when the creator's experience has a lot of benefits to offer (more efficient coding, greatly improved rendering, writing style and design direction) compared to the original. Not to mention better support for modern platforms, none of which have improved drastically since 2020 (this isn't me dogging on your renders today, but they aren't exactly night & day compared to then, either). Focus on improving your skill, and if you ever hit a creative stump, feel free to 'remaster' older titles that aren't up to your personal standard. (y)

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Sorry to disappoint the haters, but as I was saying a few other times, by the end of the season you'll be able to have sex with all love interests.
That means you'll be able to FUCK / PENETRATE / INTERCOURSE / FORNICATE / PUT THE DICK IN THE PUSSY OR ASS / GET BUSY / BECOME ONE / MAKE LOVE :love: / LEARN TO MAKE BABIES with the remaining girls, which are CHARLOTTE, TRIS, DENISE and BEA.
After this season will end there will be one more season.
Hang In There!!(y)

haters.jpg

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Sorry to disappoint the haters, but as I was saying a few other times, by the end of the season you'll be able to have sex with all love interests.
That means you'll be able to FUCK / PENETRATE / INTERCOURSE / FORNICATE / PUT THE DICK IN THE PUSSY OR ASS / GET BUSY / BECOME ONE / MAKE LOVE :love: / LEARN TO MAKE BABIES with the remaining girls, which are CHARLOTTE, TRIS, DENISE and BEA.
After this season will end there will be one more season.
I am gonna need more meds :LOL:Will I survive this season o_O

• Haha
Reactions: KrusherKev

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Your meds are often coming out of a bottle of scotch for some reason I believe - mine are more beer related - besides that though, I think we can make it through to another release. Pretty sure....it can't be too long right?....shit...I hope my beer supply lasts...

Reactions: Old Dog

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Your meds are often coming out of a bottle of scotch for some reason I believe - mine are more beer related - besides that though, I think we can make it through to another release. Pretty sure....it can't be too long right?....shit...I hope my beer supply lasts...
If that's the case(full pun intended).
May end up Not liking it some more.
Or dare i say :unsure: "Moe"

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes