VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 153 Votes

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
$40 per update X ?? updates = $14,876.00
It's not that bad.

2021 = 3 years x 12 months *40 = 1440 dollar.

Your 147600 / 40 = 37190 updates or 3099 years when you pay it every month...
He actually wrote 14876 :) But it would still mean almost 31 years.

I don't know if I should be happy that there's people with such loose wallets or that this enoucrages the whole supporter system, which I find to be the bane of gaming industry. I prefer the old fashioned way: Plan your game, make an estimate, then see if you can find the funds to work for that time. And after the plan was fullfilled, stop development, sell the game and start a new project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jafo

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
He actually wrote 14876 :) But it would still mean something almost 31 years.

I don't know if I should be happy that there's people with such loose wallets or that this enoucrages the whole supporter system, which I find to be the bane of gaming industry. I prefer the old fashioned way: Plan your game, make an estimate, then see if you can find the funds to work for that time. And after the plan was fullfilled, stop development, sell the game and start a new project.
Yeh my wrong, probably didn't drink enough cofee this morning to see straight...

KrusherKev

Aug 23, 2022
Monthly Patreon subscription is basically for those who want to try and help ensure the project has enough regular funding to keep going. RC has also provided (I think as pointed out above) that the game can be purchased on a per season basis, which is a really great deal. I think S1 was completely free and S2 was something like $10 or 12 USD with the gold package for integrated walkthrough. So like the first 14 episodes for less than $1 per...pretty damn good option. Season 3 (current one) has this episode right now plus one more to be created and then S3 will go up for full season sale as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: reb95 and AlexMpog

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
He actually wrote 14876 :) But it would still mean something almost 31 years.

I agree with you. But that will be an enormous investment. I think not much devs will be able to do it this way. I am Patreon on one game. But that dev works hard for us so he deserves the money.

And there will allways be devs who are slowing down the process. I love this game. But in this pace I am not willing to pay that amounts of money. So I will wait and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemo56

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Nothing against THIS game, I think Moochie is doing a good job.

Most of all it requires planning, not just investing.
I supported so far about 40 games on kickstarter. The problem I see with the supporter system is that the supporter attracts amateurs without any plan how to do things. When you go to a crowdfundung platform, you need to have at least some graphics, maybe a demo to show with gameplay. Of course also there you find people who in the end are not able (or willing) to deliver the product. But my personal opinion is, that the system filters out more of the worst people who may get discouraged when they see there is actualy work to be done, before people give them money. And people have a certain idea of production costs. One making a MMO for 5000$? Not gonna happen. Investing in that would be stupid.

There is some logic in putting a ongoing series without meaningful gamplay on a supporter platform and release episode. On the other hand it makes it really really complicated to include some complex puzzles that require elements from different parts of the game, these have to be planned ahead. It depends a lot on the type of game one is trying to create.
And of course when there are supportes, they (or some of them) keep demanding certain types of content and the maker has to please them in order not to lose them, put stuff in his game he never intended to and which most likely is to break immersion or ruin the gameplay. With a what-you-see-is-what-you-get system that danger is a lot less present.

Reactions: BorgiaBou and Jafo

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
Nothing against THIS game, I think Moochie is doing a good job.

Most of all it requires planning, not just investing.
I supported so far about 40 games on kickstarter. The problem I see with the supporter system is that the supporter attracts amateurs without any plan how to do things. When you go to a crowdfundung platform, you need to have at least some graphics, maybe a demo to show with gameplay. Of course also there you find people who in the end are not able (or willing) to deliver the product. But my personal opinion is, that the system filters out more of the worst people who may get discouraged when they see there is actualy work to be done, before people give them money. And people have a certain idea of production costs. One making a MMO for 5000$? Not gonna happen. Investing in that would be stupid.

There is some logic in putting a ongoing series without meaningful gamplay on a supporter platform and release episode. On the other hand it makes it really really complicated to include some complex puzzles that require elements from different parts of the game, these have to be planned ahead. It depends a lot on the type of game one is trying to create.
And of course when there are supportes, they (or some of them) keep demanding certain types of content and the maker has to please them in order not to lose them, put stuff in his game he never intended to and which most likely is to break immersion or ruin the gameplay. With a what-you-see-is-what-you-get system that danger is a lot less present.

It is true. Because you will never get a game like A wife and a mother on this way. That is also a game I like but will never be sponsoring the dev. And I can name you more of that games. So yes pay when it is ready would be a good thing. In that way you will get instant access to the whole episode/game. But that will not happen.

Also there are new devs blinded by the money, not fully understanding what they are starting. The most saddest example is A.O.A. which I still miss. That game had a lot of potention. But is stopped sadly enough.

Well we keep on dreaming...... Hope tomorrow the update will be here.

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
the-meme-comes-from-a-brazilian-tv-show-1629926680.jpg

Looking on math on some of the comments, all I can say is I'm not genius but somethings are not making sense.
What kind of math is this, I knew girl math, men math, is there any other kind of math apart from the regular math math. You know mathematics math.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KrusherKev

Aug 23, 2022
So, I've heard season 3 ain't the last one. How many seasons are planned? Any thoughts, anyone?
That one is easy.....four seasons total are being planned. Total number of episodes for season four still to be determined, prob like 6 to 8 or so....

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
View attachment 3512325

Looking on math on some of the comments, all I can say is I'm not genius but somethings are not making sense.
What kind of math is this, I knew girl math, men math, is there any other kind of math apart from the regular math math. You know mathematics math.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My kind of math
1.jpeg

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
He actually wrote 14876 :) But it would still mean almost 31 years.

And to think a certain game about a famous mother will take more than 31 years.

Reactions: Anteron
4.20 star(s) 153 Votes