VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes
Jul 28, 2020
You know I think that we should probably start a different thread to talk about Above the Clouds because this thread is for Buried Desires which is an outstanding game as well, and it seems just a bit disrespectful of the Dev for Buried Desires, to be talking about another Devs game in a thread dedicated to his game....if that makes sense.

Jul 28, 2020
you sure you're in the right thread? i could have sworn this thread is for No more money. I might be wrong though.
LOL it is I had two tabs open and got them mixed up which is doubly insulting to the Dev for No More Money...so my apologies there. Maybe I should stick to having only one thread open at a time before I start posting and making an ass of myself

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018

Hi guys,
How are you? I hope everyone is doing great.

PROGRESS STATUS

Last week was a blast. I had very little work to do on my main job, because we were changing the project so I had enough time to work on the text. It's more or less done, now I only have to do a hole bunch of renders and animations.

The size of the next episode is about the same size as episode 5. There will be +500 renders and +30 animations. The content should be enough to keep you busy for at least 1 hour, one hour and half, I'm not sure just yet.

MINIGAMES
This month I will not release any minigame because there are a bunch of things to be done and very little time.

RELEASE DATE
Like I mentioned in the previous post I'm doing my best to release the game this month, but there is one thing I cannot control and that is the animation rendering. It takes more than 10 hours to render one animation.
During this time I cannot prepare other scenes so I'm rendering them over night and when I'm working on my main job.
I hope I'll be able to finish preparing all the scenes by 24th and then I can render the animations on the last week of this month so it will do 2 animations/day.

P.S. I hope you like Emma's look change.

Best regards,
Jason

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
damn son...10 hours just to render an animation...that's a lot of unproductive time... I appreciate the animations though...

Reactions: royalcandy

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020

Hi guys,
How are you? I hope everyone is doing great.

PROGRESS STATUS

Last week was a blast. I had very little work to do on my main job, because we were changing the project so I had enough time to work on the text. It's more or less done, now I only have to do a hole bunch of renders and animations.

The size of the next episode is about the same size as episode 5. There will be +500 renders and +30 animations. The content should be enough to keep you busy for at least 1 hour, one hour and half, I'm not sure just yet.

MINIGAMES
This month I will not release any minigame because there are a bunch of things to be done and very little time.

RELEASE DATE
Like I mentioned in the previous post I'm doing my best to release the game this month, but there is one thing I cannot control and that is the animation rendering. It takes more than 10 hours to render one animation.
During this time I cannot prepare other scenes so I'm rendering them over night and when I'm working on my main job.
I hope I'll be able to finish preparing all the scenes by 24th and then I can render the animations on the last week of this month so it will do 2 animations/day.

P.S. I hope you like Emma's look change.

Best regards,
Jason
Might be a stupid question to some, but, why has the dev made Emma look like Charlotte and Tris Characters?

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Might be a stupid question to some, but, why has the dev made Emma look like Charlotte and Tris Characters?
There are three answers. Choose which one you like more.
1. I wanted to give her a look change so I got new hairstyles and this one looked the best without realizing that she looks similar to Tris and Charlotte
2. Emma noticed how mc was looking at Charlotte and Tris so she decided to change her look so that she doesn't loose him, or if they are already broke maybe to get him back.
3. I just realized that I might have a thing for short hair.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
There are three answers. Choose which one you like more.
1. I wanted to give her a look change so I got new hairstyles and this one looked the best without realizing that she looks similar to Tris and Charlotte
2. Emma noticed how mc was looking at Charlotte and Tris so she decided to change her look so that she doesn't loose him, or if they are already broke maybe to get him back.
3. I just realized that I might have a thing for short hair.
1. Seems to obvious and probably something you would not do.... probably.
2. More plausible, but the face is also to similar now, so as I said, plausible.
3. Most logical, between the other two, but I prefer answer No.1. ;)

Reactions: royalcandy

G33N

Predictable Wildcard
Donor
Sep 13, 2019
This. Peak Charlotte thus far has been groping a bare tit in 0.1
Yup :/
IDK... Charlotte it's just such a gravitational/charismatic character .... the first thing popping into my mind when I start the game is... the date with her and her pool table skills....after that the night with Tris in the park and all other things with them (like the beach and the shopping ... so on).... and the rest is almost blank. From update to update I always forget that MC even has a GF (Emma)....

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Maybe this has already been reported, but variables don't get reset if a new game is started after having loaded an existing save.

Edit: Doesn't happen if you return to the main menu first.

Last edited:

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018

Hi guys,

PROGRESS STATUS

The text is finally done and I'm happy with it. I like how much we managed to cover in this episode.
Last week I mainly worked on the renders. I've done a third of the renders, so if everything goes the same, by the end of next week I'll have everything done and I'll be able to start testing and debugging the game.

The main thing people complained about my game was the animations, so I'm trying to improve them, so I'm adding more frames to them and try to make them smoother and feel natural. I'm still learning, but I hope you'll be able to notice the difference.

Best regards,
Jason

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018

Hi guys,
How are you? I hope everyone is doing fine.

PROGRESS STATUS

Last week was a blast. Our proofreader finished fixing the text and I did plenty of renders. There are less than 100/+500 scenes to be prepared and 8/33 animations to be rendered.

Once I finish the remaining scenes I will be able to let the machine render the animations and I'll start adding the music and do the testing, so if everything goes well this is the last Update regarding episode one of season two.

RELEASE DATE

I can't say for sure because I'm limited by the machine that is rendering the animations, however what can I say for sure is that everybody will get to play the game by the end of this month, even though 40$ patrons will get it 5 days earlier.

Best regards,
Jason

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes