Fan Art No More Secrets [RoyalCandy]: Fan Art and Assets

Aug 30, 2017
Render 15; What to wear?
Half way through my project, wanted to play a bit with mirror reflections and very flat lighting.
View attachment 523389
Cropped from 1:1 to 16:10, sharpened, luminance noise reduced, all in Adobe Lightroom.
Good quality but there's a problem with the pose: the reflection looks at first glance like she has a small dick. Very unappealing.

• Haha
Reactions: rKnight and La'Zaa

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Good quality but there's a problem with the pose: the reflection looks at first glance like she has a small dick. Very unappealing.
That's a finger and it is a bit high to mistake it for a penis, but I see exactly what you are saying.
This is why I am doing this for 30 days, to learn about using DAZ and also to improve my skills for modeling and posing. Appreciate the feedback.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Render 17, no you aren't seeing double, just checking out the small differences between Growing Older Presets.
017-OlderYounger.png
Same prop, camera position, pose, expression, and lighting. Right side uses Growing Older Teen Preset (same as the VN), left is without.

Dark-King

Jan 23, 2020
hello to all the members of this thread I have created a server with each of the threads of the fanart section, if you would like to join here I leave the link and I hope this server is to your liking

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
#19, just installed Octane Free Tier and this is what it spit out with all default settings for a scene originally set up for 3Delight.
019-inthegarden.jpg
Originally used DAZ to render this, but after 3 hours it was still at only 76%, this finished in minutes using Octane.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Render 20, a double dose. Top image is nVidia Iray, I know how lighting works but this one needs improving. The second one is Octane (10000 iterations), I need to read the documentation so I can figure out how to light in Octane.
020-lounge(Iray).jpg

020-lounging(octane).jpg

These are both the same scene, but without modifying the Octane lighting it is very flat looking. The good is that the highlights (like her forehead) still retain all the details instead of being blown out. Plus the Octane preview screen works more like looking into a DSLR. It is way more intuitive with respect to depth of field.