nopy.to discussion & feedback

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
I think that's a joke, at least I hope so :p

Accounts are invite only, reserved for creators and platforms. Nopy is still in alpha with a limited amount of bandwidth available, so access is carefully restricted I'm afraid. I don't want to open up the flood gates, start having performance issues and then have a degraded service for everyone.

Looking at the list, there are a lot of other file hosts which are allowed, although maybe none quite as good as nopy ;)
Mega was my main, and then I got kicked with the data quota.

So I saw nopy and I was like, meh, lets give it a try.

Thought it was gonna be like fileboom or something.

Thanks for making it!

rambool

Jun 8, 2018
Well, i like nopy - no limits, fast enough speed, easy to start download. But it is my #2 download link after mega. Because... Idk maybe there is some bad days or electromagnetic storms... But sometimes nopy just constantly crushing downloads. Like 5-6 times in a row, and i have to restart it from zero. And there is another days, when everything works fine. Dont know, why it is this way, but prefer to save my neurocells and firstly click on something more reliable for me.

DevilK

Mar 24, 2019
few days ago i started geting this error 403: Download session is invalid anyone know solution for this

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Same, I can't get anything to finish from them any more.

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
Firefox is telling me nopy.to has an expired certificate:
Code:
Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for server9.files.nopy.to expired on 4/10/2020.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

kyho

Jul 12, 2017
Cache servers are great :D
It actually lets me use more than 2-5 MB/s for downloading, which is a godsend.
Also, I don't know why, but I am intensely fascinated by the stats page. Watching servers usage go up and down somehow interests me.
Likewise.

I would really, REALLY like an invite, perhaps the owner could let us know how to get one.
Is it a service targeted strictly at graphic novel creators? I’d like to hope there’s room for other content as well.

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
All my downloads using nopy are set to the limit of 280KB/S. I've tried using a VPN and got 400KB/S max. Checked with my ISP and they said that's not their part. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it an Europe issue because of the COVID? I don't know where nopy.to servers are located, though.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
All my downloads using nopy are set to the limit of 280KB/S. I've tried using a VPN and got 400KB/S max. Checked with my ISP and they said that's not their part. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it an Europe issue because of the COVID? I don't know where nopy.to servers are located, though.
i download almost all the time from nopy. sometimes i do get a bit worse speeds, but it's rare and on the website there is often a mesage saying, that speed might be a bit slower due to heavy traffic.
but most of the time it's working flawlessly and in full speed. oh and i'm european, so i din't think it's a "european" problem that nopy doesn't work as fast for you.

Dec 30, 2017
nopy With a contracted fiber of 100 Mb/s (12,5 MB/s) a few weeks ago Nopy was using all my bandwidth, but since a week or two weeks ago the downloads are capped at 1,4 MB/s.
It's not a problem of my operator or my connection, I reiceive all the contracted bandwidth.

D

Deleted member 1954024

Gotta love nopy you guys are the best. I really wonder what's the catch with all the awesome thing's that are offered for free. No offence :)

adad21312321

Sep 14, 2018
my download speed in nopy is super slow these day ( <100 kb/s ), its quite annoying, is there any way to fix this? my internet is completely fine tho ( i checked it by downloading in ggdrive )

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Yeah, Nopy fails every single download, several times in many cases, and has to be resumed.
Same here, but when I try to resume, it fails, and chrome says - "forbidden". This wasn't an issue until 2 weeks ago. My setup is the same so it has to be something from the Nopy side.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
my download speed in nopy is super slow these day ( <100 kb/s ), its quite annoying, is there any way to fix this? my internet is completely fine tho ( i checked it by downloading in ggdrive )
Same here, but when I try to resume, it fails, and chrome says - "forbidden". This wasn't an issue until 2 weeks ago. My setup is the same so it has to be something from the Nopy side.
Try using a download manager, it works for me; I get full speed.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Try using a download manager, it works for me; I get full speed.
I don't have a problem with the speed, only occasionally when the site warns me about being overloaded, it drops me off very often though. And not from the download, but it disconnects my whole wifi for a few seconds when it stops working.