nopy.to discussion & feedback

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Why does it fail so often? about 70-80% of the time I gotta keep playing whack-a-mole with the resume button because this fails so often. It also doesn't resume, it restarts every damn time.
Use a download manager, it takes care of the resuming for you.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Why does it fail so often? about 70-80% of the time I gotta keep playing whack-a-mole with the resume button because this fails so often. It also doesn't resume, it restarts every damn time.
Could be a lot of things, including the internet traffic and the current load on the server you are downloading from. Read up a couple posts for a tip.

DH4444

Apr 14, 2019
IDM adds sites to a BLOCK list automatically if you cancel twice in a row downloading. You have to go under Options, find the site (NOPY in this case) and delete it from the list to undo this. This was the problem in this case. PROBLEM SOLVED.
I’ve been & am a supporter of NOPY, enjoying the fast no hassle downloads for many months. I use IDM (Internet Download Manager) whenever possible to take over downloads. About 3 weeks ago IDM Internet Download Manager quit taking over from the NOPY download link, although it is still working normally with other download sites.
Now Firefox takes over the NOPY downloads (same in Chrome). I don’t know what changed recently, but it has resulted in a lot of wasted download usage. Lately a lot of files with a size over 1GB FAIL halfway to ¾ through. In the rare times this happened with IDM, it was able to RESUME from where it left off. This is not the case through just the browser. Easily over 30GB has been wasted in failed download attempts during this time, a few days ago a 5 GB DL failed just a few MB short of success & unable to resume. Lost downloads are very rare when IDM is able to take over.
When the download is taken over by IDM I can easily browse, play games, etc while the download is in progress. Now doing anything else while using NOPY increases the chances of a failed download & doing nothing during the download is a gamble. When IDM quit taking over, NOPY DL speeds dropped from a normal 5-7 MB/sec to frequently under 700 KB/sec (2 MB/sec is the best lately & often fails too).
Do you have any suggestions as to how to get IDM to get back to taking over downloads from NOPY?

Last edited:

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
NOPY is great but kind of finicky. Sometimes I get uninterrupted 1.5mbps, other times the DL drops every 2 minutes. Not sure why though. I suppose some kind of DL manager would help but eh..

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Do you have any suggestions as to how to get IDM to get back to taking over downloads from NOPY?
Report the site to IDM, they'll fix it in the next update.
NOPY is great but kind of finicky. Sometimes I get uninterrupted 1.5mbps, other times the DL drops every 2 minutes. Not sure why though. I suppose some kind of DL manager would help but eh..
Yes, a DL manager will help massively with this issue. I get full speed (for me) downloads on Nopy. A free DL manager is JDownloader; I've been using it for years with little issue. (Just make sure you grab the clean installer)

Traktor23

Aug 18, 2019
I'm having a lot of disconnections at the moment, with the good Nopy (always download at maximum speed), but now he's giving me trouble. I have a shit connections and i'm downloading new version of Being a Dik.

Apr 21, 2019
I have been having a 403 error recently, this is probably because I'm using cloudflare's DOH

nopy Do you think there is a way to get this working, I love using 1.1.1.1 DNS, and I guess it's masking my IP to a UK one, thanks

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Have speeds ranging from mediocre to full badwidth and frequent failures that require multiple resumes. Sometimes it works fine. Am I doing something wrong.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Regarding slow-downs, speeds on the cache cluster should be pretty much unaffected, the main problem is the file cluster.

We're gradually replacing older file servers with new SSD backed servers, which are giving better and more consistent speeds. I've also made changes on these new servers to better support resuming, as well as fixing the download failures. So far, the file servers that have been replaced are: server2, server5, server8, server9, server10. The remaining 10 servers in the file cluster will be replaced over the coming month or so.

On top of this, we're still working on the new US cluster. This is quite a technical challenge due to our existing setup, but we're making progress :).

I have been having a 403 error recently, this is probably because I'm using cloudflare's DOH

nopy Do you think there is a way to get this working, I love using 1.1.1.1 DNS, and I guess it's masking my IP to a UK one, thanks
I haven't seen that issue before, I'll look into that.

DH4444

Apr 14, 2019
I've used Internet Download Manager for years & noticed a DL average speed increase as soon as I used it, plus usually being able to RESUME if the download gets interrupted. I accidentally blocked downloads from NOPY (accidentally activated shortcut) & my downloads became a big problem, but as soon as I unblocked downloads in IDM from NOPY I was back from average 1 MBS to 7 MBS.

Yrvk0n

Jun 5, 2020
Nice concept, but do I have to be a Patreon to use it?

1592241073560.png

What the difference with Mega.nz subscription?

TeddyBear

Nov 25, 2017
Nopy's my go-to download choice. To the point where if there is no option for Nopy, I may avoid the download altogether.

Reactions: nopy

TheK

Aug 3, 2017
Pretty great work out there. Giving the same attitude to everyone is my number one priority about this sites. Asking if there is any problem and doing it while giving people a free service is extremely royal if you ask me. Good work and compelete gratitude from me. <3

Reactions: nopy

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Legacy file servers: server1, server3, and server4 have now been replaced. I'm currently planning to replace the remaining 7 legacy file servers sometime next month.

The configuration across the entire cache cluster has now been updated as well, meaning download pausing/resuming should be much much more reliable.

I've also finalised the plan for the new NA cluster, with a couple of servers online already (although not in production yet), the rest of the servers should be online in the coming weeks. In the mean time, I'll be working on some coding and adjustments to accommodate the new cluster.

Last edited:

edtham

Jul 22, 2017
Hi, I've had this issue for awhile now. Every time I download any large files I get an "Unknown network error" message. Files typically around 1.5GB and above will always get this error and anything below 1GB downloads just fine. I'm using Free Download Manager for the download and I have attached a screenshot of the issue.

1592815232409.png