nopy.to discussion & feedback

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
The 8 new servers making up the NA cluster are now online :)

I'm also in the process of replacing a couple more of the legacy file servers, and making tweaks to the cache cluster to try and improve performance there too.

pendoza

Aug 3, 2019
Hi Im trying to download a game which I download form nopy. But after 1 minute orso I get failed. Then I can try again but it keeps failing. I can download from all other sites besides yours.

What is going on? I use Firefox.

Reactions: Graveryl

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Hi Im trying to download a game which I download form nopy. But after 1 minute orso I get failed. Then I can try again but it keeps failing. I can download from all other sites besides yours.

What is going on? I use Firefox.
I identified an intermittent issue on the cache cluster over the weekend, which can trigger when there is a large amount of load on the cache servers. That particular file is quite big and is also being downloaded 1000s of times per hour, making the issue more apparent.

I'm experimenting with a fix at the moment across a couple of the cache servers, but as the issue is intermittent it makes it harder to resolve. You can try redownloading a few times until you get cache1/cache2/cache3/cache4/cache5, they should be ok.

Reactions: GrammerCop

babilon29

Sep 5, 2017
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

Also, unfortunately we'll be offline for the next day or 2 whilst I perform some backend upgrades, including doubling the bandwidth capacity, and extra storage for the file servers. The changes are now complete :)

If you feel like donating, you can do that via or <3
How do I register to nopy?

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
I'm experimenting with a fix at the moment across a couple of the cache servers, but as the issue is intermittent it makes it harder to resolve. You can try redownloading a few times until you get cache1/cache2/cache3/cache4/cache5, they should be ok.
This fix has also been rolled out across cache11-cache15. Still monitoring the fix to ensure it's stable, then will roll out across the remaining cache6-cache10 servers.

Also, 3 new file servers are online ready to be setup, and replace some of the legacy servers, they should be going live in the next couple of days.

RKStudios

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2020
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

Also, unfortunately we'll be offline for the next day or 2 whilst I perform some backend upgrades, including doubling the bandwidth capacity, and extra storage for the file servers. The changes are now complete :)

If you feel like donating, you can do that via or <3
I love Nopy. It's incredibly fast. The only issue I've had is sometimes... often for days at a time... downloads just simply will not work. They'll get stuck on 0%, then just say download failed.

I know nothing about the technical aspect of this stuff, so I'm not sure if this is something that can be rectified. Either way, I use nopy whatever I can. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: syh653 and nopy

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Just popped in to say that for the last week (maybe more, I'm terrible with time) or so NOPY has been rock solid. Good job man

Reactions: nopy

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
congratz on your download site if i had the extra cash ( due to retirement i don't ) i would help ya out ..

love the fact it used be be a slow site to download from , but lately its been among the best ...

thank you (y)

Reactions: nopy

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
They'll get stuck on 0%, then just say download failed.
There are still some occasional capacity issues at peak times, usually this happens when there are multiple large and incredibly popular files all uploaded at once, which can put an immense load on the infrastructure. We're always making changes and improvements though, and with funding on Patreon we're able to purchase more servers to add more capacity to better deal with these traffic spikes. Infact, we have another 5 servers going online soon.

NOPY has been rock solid. Good job man
but lately its been among the best ...
:love:

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
First i want to say nopy was my favorite but ,

I've got a different experience over the last week or two.
After a couple of hours playing and downing with nopylinks i get more and more errors while unpacking.
Especially larger games > 2 gb with rpa files in 'm.
Sometimes when unren'd i can use an replacement from an older build to save the whole.
But most of the times , delete down the drain.
And 'sorry to say' with mega less errors.
I keep using nopy cause mega has this f*cking limit for free use.
Rest sucks.
Perhaps the one with the torrentmanager , that one sometimes works.

Jun 21, 2020
Glad to see I can use wget with nopy. I really hated having to use Mega's browser download gimmick, especially since it's been freezing up on me lately.

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Hi, is there any way a developer can get an account? Or is it close for anyone? Thx

Build Spliff

Sep 11, 2017
just wondering something i see people saying nopy gives you better speed than mega , but in my end it seems nopy doesnt use my internet speed fully i always seem to have to wait for an hour for files i can download in 3 to 4 mins, is there something wrong maybe? is it my web browser or is it supposed to be that sort of slow . just wondering thank you.

Behemoth19

Apr 18, 2018
mega sucks. they got they asses to fat now they start doing crap things. like lower your speed if you are not watching their tab.so to fill you with Adds so yea if you look away, your speed drops to a few KB :).as always you give em to much their will bite your ass in the end. NOPY definatly my fav

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
mega sucks. they got they asses to fat now they start doing crap things. like lower your speed if you are not watching their tab.so to fill you with Adds so yea if you look away, your speed drops to a few KB :).as always you give em to much their will bite your ass in the end. NOPY definatly my fav
Then you should use the download app from Mega. I click to download a file and forget about it. Of course, it still sux that the free version still has a 5GB limit.