nopy.to discussion & feedback

indecipherable

Nov 8, 2018
Why can't I download anything uploaded to nopy lately? On clicking Download, it says Error 403: Download session is invalid. Never had this problem until a few days ago. Did they just abruptly geo-block India for no reason?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Why can't I download anything uploaded to nopy lately? On clicking Download, it says Error 403: Download session is invalid. Never had this problem until a few days ago. Did they just abruptly geo-block India for no reason?
Nopy won't have done that deliberately, the Indian government? quite possibly.

bozoplace

Dec 7, 2019
shouted 4 coffees so far, once my car rego and insurance is paid I will try and become much more regular

Great service (y)

Maxing my cable 6mb/s

• Red Heart
Reactions: nopy

Ezio2471

May 1, 2020
I have the problem, that the Download just stops every 10-15 sec. I can
continue the download, if i press one restart download button in the browser window, but it keeps stopping thereafter.
I tried it with firefox and edge, but they have the same problems

Last edited:

Yudilars

Oct 5, 2020
Just wanted to leave a review:
Easy to use
no pop up adds
average to fast download speed

My opinion: 5 stars

• Red Heart

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
We finally have some servers in SEA which should help improve speeds for both SEA and Oceania! Please note that any slowdowns you see are not us throttling speeds, it happens when we're running at or near capacity. We're upgrading the servers and bandwidth whenever our budget allows us to, keeping those speeds as high as possible :)

I posted an update on Patreon a few days ago detailing some of the recent changes:

---

With the amazing support we've seen over the past few months, we've been able to go on a bit of an upgrade spree. We now have a total of 49 servers online, in 9 locations, across 7 countries, and 3 continents. Our bandwidth capacity is now over 65Gbps!​
Late July saw the new NA cache cluster go live, which added around 20Gbps of capacity for North and South American traffic.​
Earlier today the SEA cache cluster went live too. Based in Singapore, and with approximately 4Gbps of capacity, this new cluster serves both SEA and Oceania.​
Today also saw a couple of experimental EU cache servers go live (eu-cache1 and eu-cache2) which each have 4x the capacity of our other EU cache servers. This will give us better bursting capabilities at peak times. If this test is a success, we'll be looking to replace all of our EU cache servers once the next funding goal is reached.​
Part of what sets nopy apart from other hosts is our cluster design. Our file clusters are comprised of traditional file servers, with each server storing a particular file. We have file clusters in both NA and EU. Once a file has been downloaded a certain number of times in a short period of time, future downloads for that file are served from our cache clusters, which are located in EU, NA, and now SEA. This allows popular files to be served from multiple servers at once, increasing speeds for that file, whilst also not slowing down the original file cluster. This is explained on our , which also has some other information if you're interested in any of the technical aspects.​
The past 5-6 months have seen us double our bandwidth capacity, whilst also serving record traffic (almost 7 petabytes in September!). Thank you again for all of your support. We'll continue to add servers and improve for as long as our awesome community is behind us :)
Finally, another shout out for the discord server!

MagusOfAss

Aug 29, 2018
Hey I made a post before on the extremely slow download speeds in SEA before but now most downloads take less than a minute. The issues I had before are gone. Thank you nopy for the new servers, will definitely donate to this top tier service.

• Red Heart

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
What is the policy to become a nopy upload-enabled user?
Was wondering the same, right now I'm relying on staff to edit my thread with a nopy link since it's my favorite host, would prefer being able to do it myself.

PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
Hey guys. Is this smth on my side (I guess so) or any1 else having troubles atm with download speed ? I've tried Nopy, Anonfile and couple other hostings and the speed is incredibly low ~<1 mbps.

Igneel1

The Slayer's Time Is Now
Game Compressor
Jul 1, 2017
Anonfile is know to have very slow download speed, but good upload speed...As for NOPY if it shows cluster overloaded or something it just means ur area has heavy traffic so at these times the speeds are less otherwise u get max speed depending on your connection (Look at the server statistics to get a better idea abt traffic)

As for uploads Accounts are strictly invite only at the moment. The number of accounts are limited due to the amount of traffic so unti the servers expands in numbers/size to be stable enough to handle traffic there won't be any free registration

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks a bunch for providing this service. From a downloader's point of view, nopy is most hassle free of all, plain, simple and gets the job done.

I got an in-page popup to encourage people to donate when I reached an exact amount of download (not as number, as total size in gigabytes) it was probably 5 gb but I'm not sure. This was only once and then never got any popup or something again.

Based on my experience so far, I started to look nopy link first if I'm downloading a game. If no nopy, then I look racaty or files.fm. (p2p option of files.fm is also great to get top speed and lighten weight of the servers. you might want to consider such option.)

I would like add that being ad free is good thing for us but still there can be unannoying ads like simple non-flashing banners up and down, not to get profit but, to get more servers. I believe you can cover some part of your goals with simple ads. However this will probably affect your reputation amongst community about being ad-free... Anyway I'm just providing humble suggestions, that's all.

• Red Heart

somedood

May 26, 2018
Good alt for Mega, as it will randomly shit itself and freeze my PC.

Only problem I've experienced so far is inconsistent download speeds. I've fibre wifi and from the US. Sometimes I'll get like 45kb, sometimes I'll get 6mb.

• Red Heart

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Only problem I've experienced so far is inconsistent download speeds. I've fibre wifi and from the US. Sometimes I'll get like 45kb, sometimes I'll get 6mb.
If the issue definitely isn't on your side, you're probably connected to a download server that's overloaded at that moment in time. We don't limit download speeds, but at peak times certain servers can get overloaded, reducing speeds.

LucyFucker

Mar 4, 2019
Thx for great service! But as some people say, download speed rarely goes over 1mb/s, im checking server or cache load status and they are mostly being about 50% load (including one im using).

Btw, Great job! You created one of the best options for download on internet.

pepette

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
nopy
I like Nopy very much. It's the server I use primarily for downloading
I have a very weak connection, and Nopy allows me to download at a decent speed, without saturating my internet.

I would have liked to be able to put my game on Nopy (several players ask me to do so), but I don't know how to get an account.

DasHydroZine

Jun 18, 2020
whenever I have the option to use nopy to download files I do, it always seems more consistent over most of the other providers I know; It will download my file and I wont get a random ad tab; its UI is not bright but still stylish which is very nice when browsing in low light conditions, and I haven't had much trouble with files when the clusters are overloaded, props to you! thank you for this great service!

DasHydroZine

Jun 18, 2020
Also from what I gather from the uploading rules, no individual can get access to a nopy account unless they are staff (maybe uploader as well?) which kinda makes sense to reduce traffic if nopy arent limiting there download speeds