nopy.to discussion & feedback

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
As far as I'm concerned, the best download choice available. No datamining a big, big plus (in general, the privacy policy alone differentiates it from any other alternatives I'm aware of).

Hope you'll end up with something worth selling for big bucks down the line, nopy, though perhaps not too fast ;)

AxDxEx

Aug 7, 2019
I really like your service. Bought 3 coffees and signed as patreon. Can't afford to donate as much as I would like to.

• Red Heart
Reactions: nopy

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
The speeds at nopy are second only to mega and the cap, if that even exists, is much higher than Mega.

Let's say you wanna download Being a Dik, which is almost 8GB. Mega won't let you. You'd have to get part files and use a vpn to download from a different place for different parts.

Nopy will let you download the whole thing at around 50mbit ~ 6MB/s. (Sometimes faster I think)

Personally I have 500/500mbit net. Mega maxes it out so that's obviously faster for me, but anyone with around 50mbit or less net speed shouldn't complain about a missing mega link.

Just use nopy.

• Red Heart

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
The speeds at nopy are second only to mega and the cap, if that even exists, is much higher than Mega.
No caps :) but our bandwidth isn't limitless, so it depends how many other people are downloading from the server you're connected to. If you use a download manager you can probably get closer to your max internet speed, but this will still vary. Mega effectively has a built in download manager in their website, due to the method that they use for downloading files, which is why Mega can be faster for some users.

Also we're currently experimenting with a new SEA cache cluster, 4x 1Gbps servers, based in Singapore.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
best of service

Are they plan to get fee in the future?
No, our founding principals are no ads and no premium accounts. We try to provide the best service possible for free to everyone :)

However, if you would like to help pay for our server bills, there is Buymeacoffee and Patreon :)

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
Been struggling with download speeds the past week or so. Seems to max out at about 1.2MB/sec even if I have multiple (2) downloads going at once

forfuna

Apr 11, 2020
the server is so so good, maxed out my dl speed, but is there any hint to have an invitation ...

• Red Heart

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Been struggling with download speeds the past week or so. Seems to max out at about 1.2MB/sec even if I have multiple (2) downloads going at once
What region are you in? We should have pretty good speeds across Europe and North and South America. Speeds in Asia and Oceania can be patchy at times, but we'll be having some new servers in Singapore up and running soon to try and help there.

the server is so so good, maxed out my dl speed, but is there any hint to have an invitation ...
No ETA for invites yet, sorry.

DrunkLuka

Sep 1, 2018
Hello, I've been having problems with Nopy for a while now. Most download attempts fail right away and even if it starts downloading a minute or two in it just stopped downloading.

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
What region are you in? We should have pretty good speeds across Europe and North and South America. Speeds in Asia and Oceania can be patchy at times, but we'll be having some new servers in Singapore up and running soon to try and help there.
I'm in Australia. Pretty consistently get put on the NA sites for downloads. A test one I did just now was better, a lot closer to my maximum capable speed. Will keep an eye on it.
-EDIT- Back to 1.2MB/sec on all downloads

Last edited:

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
nopy is definitely my favourite hosting site, when a link is available, I use it. I was wondering if developers can still get accounts on your service, I need three on my thread, and would like nopy to be one of them. If not I understand, and I'll just keep relying on staff to upload it to nopy for me. Thanks for running it!

MagusOfAss

Aug 29, 2018
I have the same download being slow or stopping issue but it might just be a strange hardware issue.
I used nopy in 2018 and start of 2019 in Singapore and Korea and it was the best download service I ever had, extremely fast and consistent (2GB in around 5 minutes or less) and instant access.

However around the middle of 2019 I went to Finland and when I used nopy there the speeds were very slow and most of my nopy downloads would just stop.

When I returned to Singapore I was expecting the joy of fast downloads but alas my nopy downloads were as slow as in Finland and most of them stopped due to a "connection error". Initially I thought it was a server issue but when i tried downloading the same file simultaneously on my Macbook Air and my original Windows laptop on the same network, the Macbook finished the download as fast as back in 2018 (3GB in less than 10 minutes) while my main laptop hadn't even gotten 50mb. My download speeds on other download sites like MEGA and even my torrenting speed were still fast as usual.

So it should have been a local issue and I tried various fixes and repairs to my software but nothing worked for nopy, I also tried one more test with my friend's laptop which is the exact same model as mine.
On the same network we had the practically the same download speeds for MEGA, Google Drive, and Mediafire and almost the same torrenting speed but on nopy only his laptop had fast speed while my downloads were dead. I also checked our server pings and bandwidth and they were the same.

I'm still having very slow downloads from nopy and miss those days where I enjoyed the fastest downloads in my life. If anyone knows what could be causing this issue would you please share.

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
Recently I'm lucky if I can get above 50 KBs and most of the downloads have been failing for me. Curious if there is something on my end that I can tweak setting wise so that download speed increases like it used to. According to the stats page everything appears to be wide open (NA cache servers are under 10%) for the files I'm downloading (cache 5 is the primary one I am being bounced to).