nopy.to discussion & feedback

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

Also, unfortunately we'll be offline for the next day or 2 whilst I perform some backend upgrades, including doubling the bandwidth capacity, and extra storage for the file servers. The changes are now complete :)

If you feel like donating, you can do that via or <3
I tend to download from you guys when a NOPY link is available. Mega has wayyyy too many banner ads. Thanks for being a host. I raise a stein in your honor, comrade.

Reactions: nopy

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Hi, I've had this issue for awhile now. Every time I download any large files I get an "Unknown network error" message. Files typically around 1.5GB and above will always get this error and anything below 1GB downloads just fine. I'm using Free Download Manager for the download and I have attached a screenshot of the issue.

View attachment 701908
Which server is the file on? It'll be in the download url (eg serverX.files.nopy.to), or tell you when you click the download button.

edtham

Jul 22, 2017
Which server is the file on? It'll be in the download url (eg serverX.files.nopy.to), or tell you when you click the download button.
It's happening for all servers. I've tried downloading the file multiple times. And this isn't just happening with this particular file but for any files above a certain file size. If you need more info please let me know what's needed and how I can get it. I do hope to solve this issue as I like using nopy for it's high bandwidth.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
It's happening for all servers. I've tried downloading the file multiple times. And this isn't just happening with this particular file but for any files above a certain file size. If you need more info please let me know what's needed and how I can get it. I do hope to solve this issue as I like using nopy for it's high bandwidth.
Currently half of the file servers are legacy HDD based servers which will be replaced next month. I need to know the server ids as if you're just having issues with the legacy servers, then the issue will likely be resolved next month.

edtham

Jul 22, 2017
Currently half of the file servers are legacy HDD based servers which will be replaced next month. I need to know the server ids as if you're just having issues with the legacy servers, then the issue will likely be resolved next month.
Just tried to download again and it's showing . I remember it also happening for 6, 7 and 9.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Just tried to download again and it's showing . I remember it also happening for 6, 7 and 9.
The cache cluster is different to the normal file servers, I don't think I've had any reports of issues with the cache cluster before. Where in the world are you located?

bobby6666

May 5, 2019
Lately I haven't been able to download from nopy, the downloads always fail regardless of whether I use JDownloader or the browser, it's rare that something actually downloads and as a result I've had to use the other crappy sites filled with popups, limitations etc...

Any idea what the problem is?
JDownloader2_2020-06-23_23-08-45.png

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Lately I haven't been able to download from nopy, the downloads always fail regardless of whether I use JDownloader or the browser, it's rare that something actually downloads and as a result I've had to use the other crappy sites filled with popups, limitations etc...

Any idea what the problem is?
View attachment 703373
Which servers are you having problems with? Where abouts are you located?

I'm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Do you have issues file servers as well as cache servers? If just cache servers, are cache1-5 better than 6-15? (Different networks).

edtham

Jul 22, 2017
Do you have issues file servers as well as cache servers? If just cache servers, are cache1-5 better than 6-15? (Different networks).
Can't really say... never had any downloads that states file servers. All I've seen has always been caches. And I've just tried downloading another file over 2GB. No caches 1-5. Everything was from 6 and above.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Can't really say... never had any downloads that states file servers. All I've seen has always been caches. And I've just tried downloading another file over 2GB. No caches 1-5. Everything was from 6 and above.
If you do come across a file being served from cache1-5, or any of the file servers, please let me know your experience.

I'm located in Australia.

View attachment 704223
Same as above, please let me know of your experience with other servers.

I'm guessing there are some issues with bandwidth to SEA and Oceania, as they are literally the other side of the world where the servers are located. I can look at adding some servers which are more optimised for SEA/Oceania, but it would need to wait for the funding to grow more on Patreon.

xSaga

Nov 3, 2017
Hi, lately I can't download at full speed from nopy, I have 50Mb but the files are only downloaded at 365kb/s maximum, I don't know what happens but it's really sad :c

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Hi, lately I can't download at full speed from nopy, I have 50Mb but the files are only downloaded at 365kb/s maximum, I don't know what happens but it's really sad :c
nopy needs additional information, such as which server / cluster you tried to download from.

Reactions: nopy and xSaga

xSaga

Nov 3, 2017
I have this images, but I don't really have knowledge about servers or somethings like this.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
That will definitely help him to figure out what is going on. He also has discord if you want to pop in. He might be there.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
I have this images, but I don't really have knowledge about servers or somethings like this.
Server11 is a legacy file server which is due to be replaced in the coming days, hopefully speeds should be more consistent then :)

Spirk

Feb 19, 2018
Great Service! A really big thank you to you Nopy for setting it up. I sent a donation your way on Buy me a coffee. One question for you. When I check my Paypal it shows the payment is to F95zone instead of Nopy. On Buy me a coffee it shows Nopy.to so I'm wondering if the two are merged now?

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Great Service! A really big thank you to you Nopy for setting it up. I sent a donation your way on Buy me a coffee. One question for you. When I check my Paypal it shows the payment is to F95zone instead of Nopy. On Buy me a coffee it shows Nopy.to so I'm wondering if the two are merged now?
Thanks for the support :) F95 supports nopy because they send so much traffic, but we are separate.

I've had to temporarily disable buymeacoffee for the time being, as they stopped supporting Payoneer. With a server bill coming up there were some issues with cashing out, so F95 helped with that. Hopefully I can restore buymeacoffee donations soon, once I sort out paypal.