nopy.to discussion & feedback

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
We don't throttle speeds in anyway, all of our servers have 1Gbps ports, and serve as high of a speed as possible. However, we've seen an explosive amount of growth over the past months, and speeds can be impacted at peak times due to the sheer number of people using the service.

It is a real challenge operating a completely free file hosting service with no ads or premium accounts, but we're working hard to increase capacity. Thanks to recently reaching our goal on Patreon, we're going to be expanding with a new cluster in North America (all of our other servers are in Europe), and adding approx another ~10-15Gbps of capacity dedicated for North American traffic, which will not only increase speeds for NA users, but move traffic from Europe making it faster for everyone.

This cluster is complicating our setup and infrastructure considerably, and requires extensive planning and testing, but we hope to have it going live either later this month or sometime next month.

MrBrown777

Jul 1, 2017
Hello nopy, I was just curios as you said in this thread, right now it's possible to create accounts only for creators/providers, in case I'm a part of this category, is it possible to register?

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Hello nopy, I was just curios as you said in this thread, right now it's possible to create accounts only for creators/providers, in case I'm a part of this category, is it possible to register?
It's invite only at the moment, especially due to the large increase in traffic with the users we already have, adding more would make the situation worse unfortunately.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
nopy is it possible to contact you to discuss the technical part of Nopy project?
The has quite a lot of information about the technical aspects, if you have any other questions then feel free to PM me here but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to reply, as I get so many PMs and emails it's impossible to respond to everything.

Ocumura

Mar 4, 2017
So this is like the best think ever to download free shit nopy bro thank you for this we really appreciate what you do
i dont know if is just me but for the like the last 2 weeks the download speed is been really low

Last edited:

R8Renegade

Apr 22, 2020
i have a question why nopy for me is slow as hell when downloading stuff?

like when i use filesupload or mega it's normally on the download speed but for nopy it seems slow. i tried comparing and it seems for me nopy is the slowest of them all. i need answers on this thanks.

Fade

Oct 21, 2016
i have a question why nopy for me is slow as hell when downloading stuff?

like when i use filesupload or mega it's normally on the download speed but for nopy it seems slow. i tried comparing and it seems for me nopy is the slowest of them all. i need answers on this thanks.
Used to have the same problem, where downloads would usually start from 20MB/s or so and would drop down to 100KB/s, which is a massive change. If I'm lucky, it would go back up to 1-5MB/s randomly, but it really wasn't a good experience. Recently though, it downloads from 10-25MB/s, which is pretty good, so YMMV (maybe keep track of servers that run slow and report them here?)

celu68

Feb 22, 2019
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

Also, unfortunately we'll be offline for the next day or 2 whilst I perform some backend upgrades, including doubling the bandwidth capacity, and extra storage for the file servers. The changes are now complete :)
If you feel like donating, you can do that via or <3
I wanted to pay many times, but i have no creditcard... :-(

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

Also, unfortunately we'll be offline for the next day or 2 whilst I perform some backend upgrades, including doubling the bandwidth capacity, and extra storage for the file servers. The changes are now complete :)

If you feel like donating, you can do that via or <3
I am trying to get some bitcoin can I donate bitcoin amounts?
I downloaded Dr Pink Cake's monster 7.86GB freakin download off nopy with no size limit and at a GREAT speed
Amazing
I want to donate

RealChestnut

Feb 20, 2018
Just popped in to say I appreciate nopy a lot as it's an amazing service. always disappointed when I don't see in as a download option on the games here :D

pudding1

Aug 21, 2018
so guys im curious am i the only one who has a problem with nopy this past week lately its only 100-300 kb/s but before it goes 2-3 mb/s

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
so guys im curious am i the only one who has a problem with nopy this past week lately its only 100-300 kb/s but before it goes 2-3 mb/s
I've downloaded a couple large files this morning with no problems.

Donguri892

Apr 16, 2020
Yah, I've seen a difference in speed dramatically as Nopy becomes popular. BTW I do support Nopy on Patreon ^_^. Good job on the service guys.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
i just downloaded a 200 mb file and it failed right away im for ph btw
When you start a download right away, refresh download page and go again. It will switch to another server. Also make a note of the server that failed and post here.

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Why does it fail so often? about 70-80% of the time I gotta keep playing whack-a-mole with the resume button because this fails so often. It also doesn't resume, it restarts every damn time.