nopy.to discussion & feedback

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Well checked again. I've had the network error on Server 4, 6 and 9. On the download for Sunbay City (2.9GB) it is giving a download speed of 13-16 hours.
I believe I've tracked down the cause of this slow down, I'll be making some upgrades later this month which should address these slowdowns. As far as I can see, this issue will only effect the normal file servers, popular files are served from the cache cluster and should be unaffected.

Regarding Cloudflare issues, I've opened a ticket with their network team, hopefully they can resolve this soon. I'm also looking at alternatives to Cloudflare just in case. Unfortunately in the mean time, I recommend using a VPN.

Reactions: Cmann and t727

Fade

Oct 21, 2016
Cache servers are great :D
It actually lets me use more than 2-5 MB/s for downloading, which is a godsend.
Also, I don't know why, but I am intensely fascinated by the stats page. Watching servers usage go up and down somehow interests me.

Fade

Oct 21, 2016
Hehe, we have a new stats page in the works, here's a preview:

View attachment 320230
Holy shit it has curved lines. Also, circles are always welcome. I think a fun addition for anyone interested in stats would be the ability to change the time frame for the download & data history graph (like daily (24-hours), weekly (shown in pic), or monthly (maybe split into weeks?) charts).

Reactions: Canto Forte

ZSK16B

Jun 18, 2018
I believe I've tracked down the cause of this slow down, I'll be making some upgrades later this month which should address these slowdowns. As far as I can see, this issue will only effect the normal file servers, popular files are served from the cache cluster and should be unaffected.

Regarding Cloudflare issues, I've opened a ticket with their network team, hopefully they can resolve this soon. I'm also looking at alternatives to Cloudflare just in case. Unfortunately in the mean time, I recommend using a VPN.
Can i ask for a direct download link feature, or, at least, allowance for direct access to cache servers in transition from VPN mode to non-vpn? It's a pain for me to download through vpn, and that way i could use wget or curl to download. As of now, i CAN get a link, using CurlWget addon, but it kicks me out because of 403 error.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Holy shit it has curved lines. Also, circles are always welcome. I think a fun addition for anyone interested in stats would be the ability to change the time frame for the download & data history graph (like daily (24-hours), weekly (shown in pic), or monthly (maybe split into weeks?) charts).
Hehe that should be doable.

Can i ask for a direct download link feature, or, at least, allowance for direct access to cache servers in transition from VPN mode to non-vpn? It's a pain for me to download through vpn, and that way i could use wget or curl to download. As of now, i CAN get a link, using CurlWget addon, but it kicks me out because of 403 error.
Unfortunately allowing direct download will result in blacklists, keeping everything done via AJAX and a button press means web scanners are unable to scan files, resulting in reduced risk of blacklists.

I assume you're using linux? It'd be quite simple to setup a bash script using curl and jq to download automatically. Infact, I may do that myself :)

ZSK16B

Jun 18, 2018
I assume you're using linux? It'd be quite simple to setup a bash script using curl and jq to download automatically. Infact, I may do that myself :)
Yep, i'm using linux. Bad news are that i can get a download link only through proxy (approx. 100-200 KB/s) and a browser. No chance to avoid proxy: terminal download via wget or curl from cache server gets a 403 error (even with host/header/cookie data).

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Yep, i'm using linux. Bad news are that i can get a download link only through proxy (approx. 100-200 KB/s) and a browser. No chance to avoid proxy: terminal download via wget or curl from cache server gets a 403 error (even with host/header/cookie data).
I've created a bash script to handle downloads on Linux: You'll need curl and jq binaries installed, it will also make use of aria2c if it's available, which will give better download speeds. This is very much an alpha, so let me know if you run into any issues :)

Edit:
To be clear, you'll still need to use the same IP that requests the download ticket to download the file, as the download URLs are signed to your IP. Using aria2c should improve your speeds, as it'll open multiple connections, increasing throughput. However finding a faster VPN node would be even better.

ZSK16B

Jun 18, 2018
I've created a bash script to handle downloads on Linux: You'll need curl and jq binaries installed, it will also make use of aria2c if it's available, which will give better download speeds. This is very much an alpha, so let me know if you run into any issues :)

Edit:
To be clear, you'll still need to use the same IP that requests the download ticket to download the file, as the download URLs are signed to your IP. Using aria2c should improve your speeds, as it'll open multiple connections, increasing throughput. However finding a faster VPN node would be even better.
Thank you for your concern. I really appreciate that. I'll try the script.

Tried. Yes, there is an IP problem ^(

Jun 19, 2018
cant reach Nopy since the past couple of days :(
I get the message "this site cant be reached", anyone know how to solve?

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Cloudflare is having issues with routing the 104.31.0.0/20 block through Sweden, this is also effecting some nearby areas like Norway, Denmark, Finland and some parts of Russia.

They're aware of the issue and are looking into it, hopefully it's fixed soon.

Chicken123

Autistic chicken
Donor
May 5, 2017
Cloudflare is having issues with routing the 104.31.0.0/20 block through Sweden, this is also effecting some nearby areas like Norway, Denmark, Finland and some parts of Russia.

God bless your soul.

ZSK16B

Jun 18, 2018

Thank you for you work.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Thanks for the service!

I choose Nopy.to downloads most times and I try to buy a coffee donation when I can, just so I feel better about all my bandwidth use. ;)

Hoping the service stays "good" to it's users, just like F95 does with offering games to "binge" on! That reminds me I'll have to donate to F95 right now!

Reactions: nopy

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Noticed some problems with some cache servers, had problems with downloading files on cache 5, 7, and 10.

But glad we have a really good alternative here, Nopy is much better then Mega

Reactions: nopy

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Noticed some problems with some cache servers, had problems with downloading files on cache 5, 7, and 10.

But glad we have a really good alternative here, Nopy is much better then Mega
How did the problem manifest? Was it the same file in a short period of time?

When a file is marked as 'popular' future downloads are served from the cache cluster, however the cache cluster has to pull the file from the backend and distribute it across the cluster. As this is done using nginx' as a reverse proxy, this is usually not noticeable to downloaders, however depending on the load on the backend (and load on the cache cluster), speeds can be impacted until the file has fully propagated.