nopy.to discussion & feedback

putu

Nov 13, 2017
I don't know if it's a issue with my connection, but I'm getting this error frequently (the download never finish and then it gives a "Connection Fail" error). Any position about that? View attachment 308646
i think u need download manager like idm, eagle get, or etc

so far so good. i think nopy is best cloud hosting for this website. i mostly choose nopy for download game in this site. clean interface, fast download, no bandwith limitation. i'm ok if you put some ads in your site i think. i hope in the future, nopy will improve the features(y).

Sorry for my bad english. Cheers from nopy lovers :love:

edit : i'm sorry, im not yet buying your coffe because i'm still college student and need money for tuition fee. maybe i will donate you but i don't know went, but i promise i will donate you :D

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
How did the problem manifest? Was it the same file in a short period of time?

When a file is marked as 'popular' future downloads are served from the cache cluster, however the cache cluster has to pull the file from the backend and distribute it across the cluster. As this is done using nginx' as a reverse proxy, this is usually not noticeable to downloaders, however depending on the load on the backend (and load on the cache cluster), speeds can be impacted until the file has fully propagated.

The speeds were totally fine, On cache server10, I downloaded a file and at the end, it was corrupted, happened 2 times, and yes it was the same file, downloaded it with mega and file was fine, on 5 and 7, I got Network error, different file

Argemon

Jul 14, 2018
I have troubles using nopy for a few months now. When I first started using it, it was great with high speed and fast downloads. Sadly, it only lasted for a week or two.
Nowadays whenever I try to download anything I have a very low speed (like 80-100 kb/s) and the connection times out after a few seconds. Sometimes (like once a month or something) I'll get one good download and then it's back to old low speed again.
I though there's some hidden cap on how many GB I can download a month. I tried different servers, browsers and VPN servers, nothing works. I tried pinging all the servers and they all have the same ping for me (around 80-90).
Is it some local problem on my PC? Is there anything I can diagnose/do?

Argemon

Jul 14, 2018
How much GB did you download? i'm at 80GB already and still full speeds
I don't know, not more than 15-20 tops. Definitely not even close to 80.
Well, I suspected it's not a problem with hidden caps, but I can't find what's causing those speed caps.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
I have troubles using nopy for a few months now. When I first started using it, it was great with high speed and fast downloads. Sadly, it only lasted for a week or two.
Nowadays whenever I try to download anything I have a very low speed (like 80-100 kb/s) and the connection times out after a few seconds. Sometimes (like once a month or something) I'll get one good download and then it's back to old low speed again.
I though there's some hidden cap on how many GB I can download a month. I tried different servers, browsers and VPN servers, nothing works. I tried pinging all the servers and they all have the same ping for me (around 80-90).
Is it some local problem on my PC? Is there anything I can diagnose/do?
I can assure you there are no download caps. There is no incentive to add caps as there is no monetization - we aim to provide the best service possible as we rely on donations to pay the server bills.

Are the files you're downloaded on normal servers or the cache cluster? As mentioned above, there can be some slow downs at the moment with the normal file servers until we complete some upgrades later this month.

• Love
Reactions: Cmann

Zenyax

Jan 21, 2019
Do the servers have a problem right now, The stuff I download come out empty, is there a solution for this? (file server cahche3)

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019

cache1
MidLifeCrisis-008-pc.zip | 3.18GB
Download completed at 67.0MB

cache9 delivered it properly, when retrying a few minutes later (y)

ArcFlight

Aug 10, 2017
Getting intermittent 403 session invalid errors when downloading. A few reloads will usually fix it, but pretty annoying. Seems to happen regardless of which file I try to download, so I guess it's either a server or client issue, not a file issue.

Firefox 67.0.4. I do have multiple privacy extensions, though none report blocking anything. :love: No VPN. No intrusive AV.

Most recent successful download was on server14. Not sure what one it failed on.

Edit 2019-07-06T02:50BST: server13 just did it. Assuming the s parameter is the session, here is the session for debugging: 6a5f4b2911f50644626a37614c0130381efa4b03, the that triggered it.

Last edited:

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
Best download service.

Others limit your bandwidth or do some creepy stuff to mine bitcoins or whatever, Nopy just lets you get what you want.

Reactions: nopy

StrifeOfShadows

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

Also, unfortunately we'll be offline for the next day or 2 whilst I perform some backend upgrades, including doubling the bandwidth capacity, and extra storage for the file servers. The changes are now complete :)

If you feel like donating, you can do that via or <3
Hi there! I am a... well let's just say content creator who has a bunch of stuff doing right now. I was hoping to upload my first game somewhere and I really would love to use Nopy. Is there a chance of that happening?

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
The new nopy design is live!

The design is keeping with the minimal look and feel, but with some fluid animations and some extra features. Check out the brand new , with historical data, we've also added a FAQ page with tons of questions and revisited our privacy policy.

We're also in the process of upgrading our infrastructure. We've already added an extra 2 cache servers and replaced cache6. Looking forward, we're upgrading file servers 6-10, and our file storage. These upgrades should hopefully be completed later this month :)

---

Hi there! I am a... well let's just say content creator who has a bunch of stuff doing right now. I was hoping to upload my first game somewhere and I really would love to use Nopy. Is there a chance of that happening?
We're holding off on new creator accounts for the time being, the growth over the past couple of months has been massive and we need to make sure that we're maintaining reliability, so don't want to add any extra load. Once the upgrades are complete and growth has settled we'll open up some more invite slots :)

How do I make a one time donation, is it through the buy you a coffee thing?
Thanks! Yep Buymeacoffee is a one time donation.

Last edited:

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
I'm getting a warning from Firefox that my clock might be wrong, but also that the sites certificate has probably expired.

sensujoy01

Jul 14, 2018
could someone help me please..i'm getting this error everytime i try to download something from nopy "Error 403: Download session is invalid"

akagamixxx

Mar 14, 2018
the same thing happens to me, Error 403: Download session is invalid
please help me use this server because it is fast
I did not do that but yesterday I cleaned my history and when I wanted to download something I get Error 403: Download session is invalid