VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.2.2] [Cicada]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
There's a lot we don't know dude. Bet at least two of the members of SIN will be the MCs childhood friends. I can deff see him falling in with them. I'd be VERY surprised if one of the members isn't the MCs ex.
I mean it's not impossible but I think (from what we've seen so far) it would be a case of "weird/poor" writing for the ex (woman) to be in the frat? We've heard about them multiple times and always in a "stay away from those guys" you'd think that if the most heinous frat on campus also had a girl (the only one of this campus) that people would also mention that (considering it's pretty rare even IRL)?

Then considering this is a VN she will probably be "hot" which means it makes even less sense that nobody ever mentions the hot blonde "insane" chick who is the only female member of a frat full of "the worst people who should not be messed with" :HideThePain: it would also effectively double the amount of LI from 8 to 16 even if they reuse Renders and only make new text (nobody wants that) it would still take a huge amount of work even more considering that there would likely be sub paths within the larger two.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
I mean it's not impossible but I think (from what we've seen so far) it would be a case of "weird/poor" writing for the ex (woman) to be in the frat? We've heard about them multiple times and always in a "stay away from those guys" you'd think that if the most heinous frat on campus also had a girl (the only one of this campus) that people would also mention that (considering it's pretty rare even IRL)?

Then considering this is a VN she will probably be "hot" which means it makes even less sense that nobody ever mentions the hot blonde "insane" chick who is the only female member of a frat full of "the worst people who should not be messed with" :HideThePain: it would also effectively double the amount of LI from 8 to 16 even if they reuse Renders and only make new text (nobody wants that) it would still take a huge amount of work even more considering that there would likely be sub paths within the larger two.
Huh...? Why would it need to be doubled to 16? 1 or 2 ROs could be focused on SINs side of things. Kinda like how some of the 8 ROs aren't interested in frats. ROs routes might end up leading to very different places.

We don't know much about SIN. Is the main difference being more extreme with the partying or is there more to it? Are only guys members or is it mixed? Are some of the girls we've met good with SIN? For all we know we know SIN could some form of anarchist's or adventurous group like the gang from the movie Point Break lol.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Huh...? Why would it need to be doubled to 16? 1 or 2 ROs could be focused on SINs side of things. Kinda like how some of the 8 ROs aren't interested in frats. ROs routes might end up leading to very different places.

We don't know much about SIN. Is the main difference being more extreme with the partying or is there more to it? Are only guys members or is it mixed? Are some of the girls we've met good with SIN? For all we know we know SIN could some form of anarchist's or adventurous group like the gang from the movie Point Break lol.
Well considering we have met all the main girls and that none of them are saying "sorry MC you aren't hardcore enough for me" I don't think any of them are looking for a "bad guy" (like SIN is painted to be). Which one(s) do you think specifically would be more interested in an MC who is part of the group that LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON has told us to not mess with? The frat MC joins prefers the jocks being "mad" at them then rather even thinking about going after SIN during the prank. With our president saying we made the right choice going after the jocks.

What we know about SIN is literally everyone both male and female tell us to avoid them. Nobody says to avoid the jocks and they are pretty loudly talking about sending the entire football team after a freshmen just to "cuck" some random guy they just met (the president of the frat says this). Dev has mentioned right now the PED are borderline pantomime levels of comical over the top evil which means that the only way for SIN to step up (from a narrative sense) is that they are more cartoon villians (they will all have twirly mustache) or they are a more "realistic" threat.

Yes frats typically only have males just like sororities only have women (try to think of another example in games/movies/real life), I had to Google it to see if it was even allowed (it has been since the civil war) but couldn't easily find a single report/guess on how many "women join college fraternity" so I assume it's exceedingly rare if done at all.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Well considering we have met all the main girls and that none of them are saying "sorry MC you aren't hardcore enough for me" I don't think any of them are looking for a "bad guy" (like SIN is painted to be). Which one(s) do you think specifically would be more interested in an MC who is part of the group that LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON has told us to not mess with? The frat MC joins prefers the jocks being "mad" at them then rather even thinking about going after SIN during the prank. With our president saying we made the right choice going after the jocks.

What we know about SIN is literally everyone both male and female tell us to avoid them. Nobody says to avoid the jocks and they are pretty loudly talking about sending the entire football team after a freshmen just to "cuck" some random guy they just met (the president of the frat says this). Dev has mentioned right now the PED are borderline pantomime levels of comical over the top evil which means that the only way for SIN to step up (from a narrative sense) is that they are more cartoon villians (they will all have twirly mustache) or they are a more "realistic" threat.

Yes frats typically only have males just like sororities only have women (try to think of another example in games/movies/real life), I had to Google it to see if it was even allowed (it has been since the civil war) but couldn't easily find a single report/guess on how many "women join college fraternity" so I assume it's exceedingly rare if done at all.
Dude... most girls ain't gonna be weird af and say shit like "sorry MC you aren't hardcore enough for me." Especially if they're partying at another frats place or chilling with its members. For all we know, the girls also party with the SINs. Honestly doubt the SINs will be cartoonishly evil if the dev links them to serious subject matter in MCs backstory.

Uh... what? What about the beta's or the one for rich folks? Pretty sure they're not limited to only dudes.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Dude... most girls ain't gonna be weird af and say shit like "sorry MC you aren't hardcore enough for me." Especially if they're partying at another frats place or chilling with its members. For all we know, the girls also party with the SINs. Honestly doubt the SINs will be cartoonishly evil if the dev links them to serious subject matter in MCs backstory.

Uh... what? What about the beta's or the one for rich folks? Pretty sure they're not limited to only dudes.
The point is that if any Main LI expresses interest towards him now (while he is trying to be a good person, trying to limit their drinking, etc) it would be weird for them to show even more interest when he is falling back into "the wrong crowd" (MC words), when he is an inferno fueling others (his words), when he is blacking out and missing hours or more of his memories which even with the "limited drinking and no drug use" has already happened once (him blacking out and not remembering the end of the party). Again which girl specifically do you think would be interested in that? Even the more sexually active (less carfeul) girls still say SIN is the worst/not to mess with them/they aren't mad that SIN isn't invited to parties.

Which girls do think are partying with SIN? Why? What hints have been given that they are attending parties that aren't referenced by any other characters? The only parties we know that aren't shown are the ones that Mike and his roommate were setting up in their dorm weren't they? Why would the "frat that shouldn't be messed with" parties not be talked about by anybody at all? (But girls are still going there?)

Have we seen anything about the BETAs? Unless I'm forgetting a rich girl at the party the only "rich girl" we know is Imogen (off campus with her friends after living in dorms)?

Pretty sure that the residential houses (the ones in this game) are unisex? I mean hell even in the AVN field residential greek life is (almost?) always frats = male sorority = female and AVN are LITERALLY the perfect place/excuse to just have a big pile of college aged kids in the same house instead of having to go to another :KEK:

Last edited:

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
The point is that if any Main LI expresses interest towards him now (while he is trying to be a good person, trying to limit their drinking, etc) it would be weird for them to show even more interest when he is falling back into "the wrong crowd" (MC words), when he is an inferno fueling others (his words), when he is blacking out and missing hours or more of his memories which even with the "limited drinking and no drug use" has already happened once (him blacking out and not remembering the end of the party). Again which girl specifically do you think would be interested in that? Even the more sexually active (less carfeul) girls still say SIN is the worst/not to mess with them/they aren't mad that SIN isn't invited to parties.

Which girls do think are partying with SIN? Why? What hints have been given that they are attending parties that aren't referenced by any other characters? The only parties we know that aren't shown are the ones that Mike and his roommate were setting up in their dorm weren't they? Why would the "frat that shouldn't be messed with" parties not be talked about by anybody at all? (But girls are still going there?)

Have we seen anything about the BETAs? Unless I'm forgetting a rich girl at the party the only "rich girl" we know is Imogen (off campus with her friends after living in dorms)?

Pretty sure that the residential houses (the ones in this game) are unisex?
What? Trying to limit his drinking by..... joining a frat that drinks a shit ton?? Dude. He's already failed and joined the wrong crowd if that was his goal. :LOL: Girls are gonna like him either way.

Uh... all the girls that went to that party? Why wouldn't they? If SIN throws good parties and are fun; the girls are goin. That "frat that shouldn't be messed with" shit is silly. Guess we'll find out..

Rich one is prob like BaDIK. I thought one of the side girls was joining the beta's? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
What? Trying to limit his drinking by..... joining a frat that drinks a shit ton?? Dude. He's already failed and joined the wrong crowd if that was his goal. :LOL: Girls are gonna like him either way.

Uh... all the girls that went to that party? Why wouldn't they? If SIN throws good parties and are fun; the girls are goin. That "frat that shouldn't be messed with" shit is silly. Guess we'll find out..

Rich one is prob like BaDIK. I thought one of the side girls was joining the beta's? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

If you are honest (when given the choices during truth or dare) MC directly mentions that his family has substance abuse issues and that because of that he "limits himself"? He regularly asks people what/how much of something they will be drinking (at the frat party) and outright 100% avoids tequila.

Why do you think SIN throws good parties?? It does not matter if you think "that frat that shouldnt be messed with is dumb lol" multiple people in game say it...... and they do not follow it up with "but their parties are dooooooooooooope"? Do you think the characters are lying (in game) when they warn the MC about SIN? Do you think that the dev is trying to lull the player into thinking they are bad just to say they are.....what? Do you just want to have a asshole/likely rapey path? :KEK: Feelings aside is their in "in-story" evidence beyond "girls are like this" or "if this then this duh"?

Why do you think the rich one is like BAD? We already know Imogen lives off campus and that rich cunt #5323 had to find her address. If the rich frat had girls living there why wouldnt the jocks (mike never mentions female PEDs)? Why would the one MC joins not have them? Sure maybe ella wants to stay in her sorority (despite her bf being in the frat) but seriously they've never been able to get a single girl to join? Sounds like that would be easier than coming over mostly during parties? IIRC there is only two sororities one is (was) more "slutty"/party while the other seems to care more about the "sisterhood", and unless I am mistaken the main 8 are all in one or the other or directly state they are not interested in that aspect of greek life.

Sure you could answer each of those questions (with in story evidence please lol) but occam's razor can save a whole bunch of time with "the frats dont have girls just like the sororities dont have guys" which means that mystery flashback girl can not be in SIN..... she could easily be related to SIN via any number of ways (buying/selling drugs, they fuck her, one of them just knows her etc)

None of this changes the fact that IMO a "SIN path" is very unlikely and a "SIN path" while maintaining the level of choices/depth/"realism" on both sides is impossible.

Edit: While not concrete a page or two ago the dev mentioned SIN as "antagonists" for future arcs as well (PED being current "antagonists")

Last edited:

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
If you are honest (when given the choices during truth or dare) MC directly mentions that his family has substance abuse issues and that because of that he "limits himself"? He regularly asks people what/how much of something they will be drinking (at the frat party) and outright 100% avoids tequila.

Why do you think SIN throws good parties?? It does not matter if you think "that frat that shouldnt be messed with is dumb lol" multiple people in game say it...... and they do not follow it up with "but their parties are dooooooooooooope"? Do you think the characters are lying (in game) when they warn the MC about SIN? Do you think that the dev is trying to lull the player into thinking they are bad just to say they are.....what? Do you just want to have a asshole/likely rapey path? :KEK: Feelings aside is their in "in-story" evidence beyond "girls are like this" or "if this then this duh"?

Why do you think the rich one is like BAD? We already know Imogen lives off campus and that rich cunt #5323 had to find her address. If the rich frat had girls living there why wouldnt the jocks (mike never mentions female PEDs)? Why would the one MC joins not have them? Sure maybe ella wants to stay in her sorority (despite her bf being in the frat) but seriously they've never been able to get a single girl to join? Sounds like that would be easier than coming over mostly during parties? IIRC there is only two sororities one is (was) more "slutty"/party while the other seems to care more about the "sisterhood", and unless I am mistaken the main 8 are all in one or the other or directly state they are not interested in that aspect of greek life.

Sure you could answer each of those questions (with in story evidence please lol) but occam's razor can save a whole bunch of time with "the frats dont have girls just like the sororities dont have guys" which means that mystery flashback girl can not be in SIN..... she could easily be related to SIN via any number of ways (buying/selling drugs, they fuck her, one of them just knows her etc)

None of this changes the fact that IMO a "SIN path" is very unlikely and a "SIN path" while maintaining the level of choices/depth/"realism" on both sides is impossible.
I'm getting tired and need some zzz. We could go on and on... but this ain't really goin anywhere. Maybe when the dev gives us more info.

Honestly, I'll be happy as long as I get a good Tegan route. Anything else is just a bonus.

Have a good one dude

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I'm getting tired and need some zzz. We could go on and on... but this ain't really goin anywhere. Maybe when the dev gives us more info.

Honestly, I'll be happy as long as I get a good Tegan route. Anything else is just a bonus.

Have a good one dude
Theres multiple ways her story could go from what weve seen so far, I put her just above the middle in terms of chances of having interesting content

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Theres multiple ways her story could go from what weve seen so far, I put her just above the middle in terms of chances of having interesting content
I've found all 8 LI's to have interesting story/content so far. Normally by chapter 2, I've picked my yes/maybes/nos for paths, but I haven't really decided yet with this one. And at this stage will probably be doing 8 paths once we have to choose. Bobbie, Bonnie, Tegan, Ava, Mia are all possibly my favorite, Alice is too, but we just don't know her very well yet. Ellie and Imogen I don't like as much, but still enough to do paths for them.

Also really sad that Rachael and Rainn aren't LI, I really like them too.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
Just had a read through of what y'all have been discussing. Was very interesting for me, knowing all the answers, to see some things come pretty close and some be way off what I've got planned.

Without wanting to spoil anything, of course, I will say on the idea of multiple routes to the main story, that the main story is fairly linear. I've mentioned before that I've already written the end of the game (as in, literally the last 8 lines of 'dialogue'), so everything is working towards that end. Decisions will still matter, but for the main story itself there won't be multiple distinct paths to follow. Subtle deviations here and there, but the bulk of the main story is kind of set in stone. The big differences mostly involve the extent to which you're involved with certain girls (and other characters in general) and their stories.

Hope this makes sense. Kind of hard to explain without, y'know, saying anything that'll reveal too much.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Not Going Back [Ch2.1] Unofficial Android Port + MurrayMods WT Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 356Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

• Red Heart
Reactions: MurrayMods
Feb 7, 2022
I'm getting this error during messages via MC's cell phone, it's not just this one, there are several similar ones when the MC is talking to someone on the cell phone.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
I'm getting this error during messages via MC's cell phone, it's not just this one, there are several similar ones when the MC is talking to someone on the cell phone.
Absolutely no idea why that's happening. There's no way there should be a version where that code exists without it being defined in the other file, they were implemented in the same update to fix the text-visibility problem, so there should be no problems there. I downloaded the update to test, and I don't get that error, so I've no idea what's gone wrong for you here, unfortunately

Reactions: Lancaster Kingsman

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
My friend, it seems to me that your installation has mixed up the files from v0.2 and v0.2.1. The 'povtext' parameter is defined and used in v0.2.1 but if the 'characters.rpy' file is from v0.2 you may encounter the problem you mention. I would do a clean install of Not Going Back v0.2.1
Best regards,

Murray.

Reactions: Lancaster Kingsman

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
When I was checking that error, though, I did find a few other things that needed correcting. Nothing major again, nothing game-breaking, but enough to want to push out another little fix update. Like before, if you've already played ch2 you won't need this, as it'll all be fixed in future updates, but for the people who haven't played the game yet this fixes a couple small mistakes you might come across.

PC

Mac

Reactions: MurrayMods
Feb 7, 2022
Absolutely no idea why that's happening. There's no way there should be a version where that code exists without it being defined in the other file, they were implemented in the same update to fix the text-visibility problem, so there should be no problems there. I downloaded the update to test, and I don't get that error, so I've no idea what's gone wrong for you here, unfortunately
I downloaded the uncompressed version since the compressed version of Ch 2.1 doesn't have it yet and the errors disappeared.

Feb 7, 2022
My friend, it seems to me that your installation has mixed up the files from v0.2 and v0.2.1. The 'povtext' parameter is defined and used in v0.2.1 but if the 'characters.rpy' file is from v0.2 you may encounter the problem you mention. I would do a clean install of Not Going Back v0.2.1
Best regards,

Murray.
In fact it was the character.rpy that did not have the text messages in the Ch 2 compression

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Just finished this game, will post a review later but wanted to post some of my thoughts.

First I will say I loved this game not sure where id rank it just yet but in the higher side of my list can see it making it's way into my top 10.

This game gave me a BAD feel but more serious and toned down which I really liked. I really can't wait to learn more about the MC's past and some of the other characters as well. Also I found the characters that did get some love are really good so far. While there are others I liked but need to see more. I really like how this game it doesn't feel like you are stuck with the same characters but a bit of everyone to actually make it seem like the world is alive and other people exist beyond the MC and his potential LI.

My only real criticism so far isn't that there is alot of characters but there are some that is hard to tell if they are a Main Girl , Side Girl , or just a background characters. For example I read Rachael isn't a Main Girl yet she didn't give me side girl vibe either. I assumed she was a main girl from what little ive seen of her so far. Tho this criticism is probably because this game is only on it's second chapter and the game needs more time for them to be made clear.

Also is there an official list of who is and who isn't a Main girl a bit hesitant to make to many saves right now until I know who is what. I can guess a few that will be save bets and a few im a bit unsure of.

Speaking about the girls I typically not big on LI that are easy to sleep with or this quickly in a game unless it's a harem or something. Yet with all the interactions or character deveolopment we have gotten so far I didn't mind one bit in this game. As the sex scenes felt like they came on pretty naturally and not because they are glued to the MC's dick. As it felt like the LI that did sleep with him had a genuine like of the MC because of who is and his character and not because of the MC. If a game is gonna have early lewd scenes that isn't with a side girl hell even if they are with a side girl this is the way to do it. As I was already invested or liked their character where the lewds were welcomed even if I would personally like to take things a bit slower haha.

Also the sex scenes were great especially for a game that has no animations. As I felt the renders showed some hot looking renders ( tho a few times I wish there was an animation cause it was really hot to look at haha). Then within the sex scene could feel a bit of character deveolopment , character or personality which is something that was a surprise for sure. Like during Mia's sex scene she was hesitant to give a blowjob like it freaked her out or something. It's clear to me she has some kind of trauma I can't wait to learn about.

Speaking of trauma , I really loved how there are some characters with some issues or trauma but they come across in a way that makes them a bit interesting. The crazy thing is we haven't even scratched the surface with alot of other characters yet so I can't wait to see what we find out.

lol this ended up being alot longer than I thought and still isn't my full review for when I actually post it.

Now here is what I think of the girls so far

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Just finished this game, will post a review later but wanted to post some of my thoughts.

First I will say I loved this game not sure where id rank it just yet but in the higher side of my list can see it making it's way into my top 10.

This game gave me a BAD feel but more serious and toned down which I really liked. I really can't wait to learn more about the MC's past and some of the other characters as well. Also I found the characters that did get some love are really good so far. While there are others I liked but need to see more. I really like how this game it doesn't feel like you are stuck with the same characters but a bit of everyone to actually make it seem like the world is alive and other people exist beyond the MC and his potential LI.

My only real criticism so far isn't that there is alot of characters but there are some that is hard to tell if they are a Main Girl , Side Girl , or just a background characters. For example I read Rachael isn't a Main Girl yet she didn't give me side girl vibe either. I assumed she was a main girl from what little ive seen of her so far. Tho this criticism is probably because this game is only on it's second chapter and the game needs more time for them to be made clear.

Also is there an official list of who is and who isn't a Main girl a bit hesitant to make to many saves right now until I know who is what. I can guess a few that will be save bets and a few im a bit unsure of.

Speaking about the girls I typically not big on LI that are easy to sleep with or this quickly in a game unless it's a harem or something. Yet with all the interactions or character deveolopment we have gotten so far I didn't mind one bit in this game. As the sex scenes felt like they came on pretty naturally and not because they are glued to the MC's dick. As it felt like the LI that did sleep with him had a genuine like of the MC because of who is and his character and not because of the MC. If a game is gonna have early lewd scenes that isn't with a side girl hell even if they are with a side girl this is the way to do it. As I was already invested or liked their character where the lewds were welcomed even if I would personally like to take things a bit slower haha.

Also the sex scenes were great especially for a game that has no animations. As I felt the renders showed some hot looking renders ( tho a few times I wish there was an animation cause it was really hot to look at haha). Then within the sex scene could feel a bit of character deveolopment , character or personality which is something that was a surprise for sure. Like during Mia's sex scene she was hesitant to give a blowjob like it freaked her out or something. It's clear to me she has some kind of trauma I can't wait to learn about.

Speaking of trauma , I really loved how there are some characters with some issues or trauma but they come across in a way that makes them a bit interesting. The crazy thing is we haven't even scratched the surface with alot of other characters yet so I can't wait to see what we find out.

lol this ended up being alot longer than I thought and still isn't my full review for when I actually post it.

Now here is what I think of the girls so far

8 Main Girls - Bonnie, Bobbie, Tegan, Mia, Ava, Alice, Ellie, Imogen. All others are side girls, some you can have lewds with.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes